What about a trade to acquire Kenny Britt?

joewilly12

Yes our offense is so damn good we score enough points to beat anyone. We don't need any help.

in the article you posted, it stated he was given opportunities to make plays, he just didn't.

you only want the guy because you have heard of his name, and he's not a jet.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the article you posted, it stated he was given opportunities to make plays, he just didn't.

you only want the guy because you have heard of his name, and he's not a jet.

I watched him play all throughout his college career at RU he also had a great first season as a Titan.

The Jets need WR help any idiot can see that. Britt is in a contract year worse case scenario you use him this season and he's gone the next or he has a decent season and you sign him long term.

Heard his name?  Really?

The Tennessee Titans’ coaching staff doesn’t really seem to get along well with wide receiver Kenny Britt and the feeling seems mutual.

Britt, who appears to be nothing more than a lame duck player who will no longer be a Titan come next year isn’t exactly known for his desire to put out an extra effort, something that resulted in the coaching staff benching him during their Week Two loss, this according to The Tennessean:

Kenny Britt is big enough, strong enough and fast enough to make a big impact for the Titans every week.

Through two games, however, the wide receiver has been mostly invisible. He was benched for a stretch of the 30-24 overtime loss to the Texans on Sunday because coaches were tired of his mistakes and his lackadaisical approach to blocking.

It’s clear the Titans are frustrated with Britt, who is in the final year of his contract. He has only two more catches than he has penalties, and that’s not counting a 15-yarder after Britt, 
Chris Johnson
 and 
Kendall Wright
 danced to celebrate Wright’s touchdown against the Texans.

There’s also concern about the way Britt runs routes — coaches want more precision — and his blocking. His lack of effort in the latter contributed to the benching. Rookie 
Justin Hunter
 was put on the field in Britt’s place.

Britt isn’t going to have a ton of time to right his wrongs. With Kendall Wright nipping at the heels of a starting job and the Titans unlikeness to re-sign Britt for next season, he’ll need to turn things around quickly.

Change of scenery does a lot of players good. Goodson a criminal we harbor him why not Britt?

Lol, jesus dude, criminal? He was busted for smoking weed and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, we aren't shielding a fugitive.  Britt on the other hand, has been involved with the police NINE times since joining the NFL; that involves a car chase, a stabbing and resisting arrest. But yea, that's totally the same as a kid smoking weed.

Lol, jesus dude, criminal? He was busted for smoking weed and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, we aren't shielding a fugitive.  Britt on the other hand, has been involved with the police NINE times since joining the NFL; that involves a car chase, a stabbing and resisting arrest. But yea, that's totally the same as a kid smoking weed.

Goodson arrest wasn't there also a loaded gun?  Or so we ignore what we want to?

I watched him play all throughout his college career at RU he also had a great first season as a Titan.

The Jets need WR help any idiot can see that. Britt is in a contract year worse case scenario you use him this season and he's gone the next or he has a decent season and you sign him long term.

Heard his name?  Really?

You do not give up a draft pick for someone in their walk year unless you plan on giving them a big second contract or you think it can put you over the top.  It won't put us over the top nor do you want to give a big money deal to a guy with a shredded knee and who's spend more time dealing with the cops than our entire team combined the last few years.

You do not give up a draft pick for someone in their walk year unless you plan on giving them a big second contract or you think it can put you over the top.  It won't put us over the top nor do you want to give a big money deal to a guy with a shredded knee and who's spend more time dealing with the cops than our entire team combined the last few years.

You're right because we draft so well and don't want to dare give up say a 5th-6th round pick for a proven NFL WR.

Goodson arrest wasn't there also a loaded gun?  Or so we ignore what we want to?

I mentioned that when I made reference to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or do you check the glove compartment of every single person you get in the car with? They jersey police were being typical jersey police; the other driver owned up to it and goodson is doing what he needs to do to get back in the league.  Now, if you want to consider an isolated incident where a player was found with marijuana on them the same as another player being involved in a stabbing, police chase and three counts of felony in order to fit your agenda, they sure.  

Britt is an all-world talent if he could ever put it together, but he's lazy, immature and giving him a new contract is a bad idea in my mind. If you don't give him the new contract, then you just lost a draft pick, in a wasted year when you should be rebuilding instead.  If he could get it all together, I'd be with ya, but he hasn't proven that he can.

joe

idzik was a WR.  he coached WR's.  he worked in a scouting department for 3 ******* years

you think he doesn't know our WR corp needs help ?

he's stockpiling ammo for next off season

all that matters this year is we find out if we need to draft another QB next year or if geno can grow into the job

that's it

I'm glad he isn't making a panic move and getting fleeced by another GM who senses desperation.

he's a patient negotiator with a long term vision

chillax 

I mentioned that when I made reference to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or do you check the glove compartment of every single person you get in the car with? They jersey police were being typical jersey police; the other driver owned up to it and goodson is doing what he needs to do to get back in the league.  Now, if you want to consider an isolated incident where a player was found with marijuana on them the same as another player being involved in a stabbing, police chase and three counts of felony in order to fit your agenda, they sure.  

Britt is an all-world talent if he could ever put it together, but he's lazy, immature and giving him a new contract is a bad idea in my mind. If you don't give him the new contract, then you just lost a draft pick, in a wasted year when you should be rebuilding instead.  If he could get it all together, I'd be with ya, but he hasn't proven that he can.

Totally agree. Theres slim pickings for WRs 3rd week into the season. Britt can be a feel good story or a bust risk or reward I think the Jets have no choice but to take the risk.

You're right because we draft so well and don't want to dare give up say a 5th-6th round pick for a proven NFL WR.

The only thing he's proven is that he can't stay healthy, he's still immature, lazy and has a terrible work ethic.  Him tweeting about getting the Jared Cook treatment is not a way to win yourself back in the graces of your teammates and coaches. 

And for what it's worth, Hill is on his way to an 80 catch 1000 yard season, which would be a great year for a kid who was as raw as he was.  Now whether or not you can see that he's improved immensely since last year is up to you, but everyone wanted to see him make strides and it appears that he is.  He has a great attitude on top of his physical skills, which is something so rare in that position.  Have some patience and just hope he continues to develop.

joe

idzik was a WR.  he coached WR's.  he worked in a scouting department for 3 ******* years

you think he doesn't know our WR corp needs help ?

he's stockpiling ammo for next off season

all that matters this year is we find out if we need to draft another QB next year or if geno can grow into the job

that's it

I'm glad he isn't making a panic move and getting fleeced by another GM who senses desperation.

he's a patient negotiator with a long term vision

chillax 

Idzik also knows the AFC East is up for grabs and im sure he would like to win it first year as GM.

Totally agree. Theres slim pickings for WRs 3rd week into the season. Britt can be a feel good story or a bust risk or reward I think the Jets have no choice but to take the risk.

Since we gave up a 5th for Holmes, coming off a superbowl MVP season, I don't see how you could even entertain anything higher than a 6th.  For a 6th rounder, I might be okay with it, assuming his knee checks out with the doc's; I'd rather give a conditional 7th that could escalate to a 6th or so.  He would easily be the best red zone target we have and a legit play-maker, but he would have to get his act together quick.  You simply can't have someone not knowing their routes and being in a different place when you have a rookie QB. I could get on board with a 7th round pick.

Idzik also knows the AFC East is up for grabs and im sure he would like to win it first year as GM.

when the pats get gronk and amendola back, they will win 11-12 games.  it is not up in the air.   making trades chasing the division with a rookie QB is just stupid bro.  

IF healthy, Hill couldn't hold Britt's jock strap, dude got serious skills, but he is never healthy, and has off field issues, but who doesn't.

In 2010, and 2011 the last time Britt was healthy, and had a competent QB, he played 15 games combined caught 59 balls, for 1064 yards, and 12 TD's, then came the injury week 3 in the 1st quarter, so you could really make that 14 games not 15, and when he came back Locker was in, and that was the end of Britt's success.

Britt was a very good, promising player 2 years ago.  Since then his production has been declining, and as you said he has issues, and can't stay healthy.  If he has truly been released, I'm happy to see the Jets talk to him, but I am not in favor of giving up any draft picks, or making any kind of long term commitment to him.  If they can sign him short term, and let him show he still wants to play, great.   I'm about winning now, if he can help I'm for it, and good bye Gates.

NO Draft picks, and No long term contract.   Look what Holmes has developed into.

As far as Hill goes, I'll still take him over Britt.  Kid was a project coming in, this is his second year.  Writing him off at this point, very bad idea.

Don't care about other teams just the Jets baby!   We need WR help and it seems Britt can be had.

Have a good night.

the jets WR help is on the roster.  his name is jeremy.   trader mike is out of the NFL.  the new guy builds through the draft.  the jets WR help is playing on saturdays right now.

I agree the jets need WR help.  and TE help.  and RB help.  and QB help.

I just decided in july that this was a burn it down rebuild, and that I adjusted my expectations to about 5-7 wins.

all that matters is we find out of we need another QB or if geno can play

that's all that matters

so when you want to throw the remote at the TV because morningwood calls a pass on 3rd and 1, just chillax.  they are feeding geno all he can handle to accelerate his learning curve and to find out whats he's got

Archived