Santonio Holmes injury update.

joewilly12

Santonio Holmes (hamstring) was spotted limping in the locker room following Sunday's loss to the Titans.

The Jets lost Stephen Hill to a possible concussion and Holmes to this hamstring pull. The fact that Holmes couldn't finish the game and was limping around suggests a something more than a Grade 1 strain. We'll know more on Monday.

This doesn't sound or look good. Santonio Holmes looked like he was onhis way to returning to form. The current WR corps worries me and will definitely hamper the development of Geno Smith. 

geno smith is hampering the development of stephen hill. he served up a hospital ball on the first play of the game. 

Disagree after the INT Hill stood up as to watch the return he is no longer a WR on that play and should be prepared. Often injured Hill who spent most of the preseason riding a bike is picking up right where he left off last year.

Santonio Holmes (hamstring) was spotted limping in the locker room following Sunday's loss to the Titans.

The Jets lost Stephen Hill to a possible concussion and Holmes to this hamstring pull. The fact that Holmes couldn't finish the game and was limping around suggests a something more than a Grade 1 strain. We'll know more on Monday.

This doesn't sound or look good. Santonio Holmes looked like he was onhis way to returning to form. The current WR corps worries me and will definitely hamper the development of Geno Smith. 

nope QB's m,ake everyone around them better no matter who it is. You should know this by now. if Geno is the real deal he will make Clyde Gates into a superstar amnd Jeremy Kerley into an all pro. You really need to pay attention

geno smith is hampering the development of stephen hill. he served up a hospital ball on the first play of the game. 

Hill is just not good running route.  If he was good he would had been a top 10 in the draft.  He need to learn to go for the ball and swats the ball away when he is beaten.  At the same time it was a dirty hit and the guy who gave the hit to the head will get fine.   

bitonti, do you have an investment on the failure of Geno?

nope QB's m,ake everyone around them better no matter who it is. You should know this by now. if Geno is the real deal he will make Clyde Gates into a superstar amnd Jeremy Kerley into an all pro. You really need to pay attention

Kerley is a good slot WR he doesn't stretch the field. Gates and others are poor route runners who don't come back to the ball when the QB is in trouble.  Maybe its the WR coach?  Talent level?  I just don't see Obamanu or Gates being on any other NFL roster if not on the Jets.

Hill is just not good running route.  If he was good he would had been a top 10 in the draft.  He need to learn to go for the ball and swats the ball away when he is beaten.  At the same time it was a dirty hit and the guy who gave the hit to the head will get fine.   

bitonti, do you have an investment on the failure of Geno?

Doesn't run good routes,bad hands,often injured and  we drafted him and people defend him.

Kerley is a good slot WR he doesn't stretch the field. Gates and others are poor route runners who don't come back to the ball when the QB is in trouble.  Maybe its the WR coach?  Talent level?  I just don't see Obamanu or Gates being on any other NFL roster if not on the Jets.

JW I was being sarcastic :)

They have that in common with Braylon.

Disagree after the INT Hill stood up as to watch the return he is no longer a WR on that play and should be prepared. Often injured Hill who spent most of the preseason riding a bike is picking up right where he left off last year.

the ball was wildly underthrown which is the only reason he's turning back to look at it. Hill is on pace for 1000 yard season (or at least he was before getting brutally concussed). meanwhile Geno is on pace for a million trillion turnovers. 

Doesn't run good routes,bad hands,often injured and  we drafted him and people defend him.

He was a project coming out of college.  I saw his scouting report coming out of college and it is the exact same thing unraveling before our eyes.  He has so much potential, he is fast and very tall.  I don't know if he is going to get better at running routes.  I don't know if he is going to get better at holding on to the ball in a consistent basis.  I don't know if he is going to get better at swating the ball away instead of looking at the DB.  He is probably a four year project. 

Disagree after the INT Hill stood up as to watch the return he is no longer a WR on that play and should be prepared. Often injured Hill who spent most of the preseason riding a bike is picking up right where he left off last year.

um, what? if I'm remembering right, Hill could barely get up after that play. biggest non-call on Tennessee all game was the crown of the helmet hit Hill took.

Doesn't run good routes,bad hands,often injured and we drafted him and people defend him.

Dude the kid is ******* 22, and has more raw talent than 99% of the WR's in the NFL, and he is being asked to be a #1 WR even thou he is no where near ready to play that role, he needs 1, maybe 2 more years of coaching before he will be ready, so at the ripe age of 24-25 years old he will have about 5 years of top 10 WR talent if he takes to that coaching, I remember when it was pretty much written in stone a WR doesn't usually get it till year 3, now because 2, or 3 guys became superstars right out the shoot we have to give up on them. Anyone see what Crabtree did year 3? Now what did he do years 1, and 2? The Anwser nothing even close to what Hill has shown the 1st 3 games, you guys need to relax on these young NON top of the 1st round drafted players. Oh by the way Geno is included in that NON top of the 1st round drafted players, kid isn't ready, but that doesn't mean he won't be a top QB in 3 years, but we won't find out, because we have no patience as a society anymore.

Dude the kid is ******* 22, and has more raw talent than 99% of the WR's in the NFL, and he is being asked to be a #1 WR even thou he is no where near ready to play that role, he needs 1, maybe 2 more years of coaching before he will be ready, so at the ripe age of 24-25 years old he will have about 5 years of top 10 WR talent if he takes to that coaching, I remember when it was pretty much written in stone a WR doesn't usually get it till year 3, now because 2, or 3 guys became superstars right out the shoot we have to give up on them. Anyone see what Crabtree did year 3? Now what did he do years 1, and 2? The Anwser nothing even close to what Hill has shown the 1st 3 games, you guys need to relax on these young NON top of the 1st round drafted players. Oh by the way Geno is included in that NON top of the 1st round drafted players, kid isn't ready, but that doesn't mean he won't be a top QB in 3 years, but we won't find out, because we have no patience as a society anymore.

The 2 New England rookies are doing just fine did I say rookies 1 st year players HIll is on his second year here and 2 camps.

Intangibles!!!!

I wonder if they threw that flag, it would still be Tennessee football right? It occurred after the change of possession.

Depends on the actual penalty wording I think, if it was called as a hit on a defenseless WR (I can see in real time, and in the heat of the moment an official calling if that even thou it really wasn't), or illegal hit using the crown of the helmet preceded by during the return, and/or the ruling on the field is an Int, during the return. The 1st one gives the Jets the ball, and 15 yards, the 2nd Titans the ball, and back 15.

The 2 New England rookies are doing just fine did I say rookies 1 st year players HIll is on his second year here and 2 camps.

Dude really your going to compare what a WR is doing while playing with arguably the greatest QB of all time VS one playing with a rookie QB who is clearly not ready for the NFL? Yea how did those guys look the 1st 2 weeks? Horrible, and they still look horrible, but Brady throwing them open, and reading the D like a master he is hides a lot of their problems.

Just like Randy Moss was finished had nothing left when he was in Oakland who cares the Patriots got him, oh sh*t wait R Moss is ******* awesome, it's the QB not him!

If your going to say stupid stuff like this I'm done having any football discussions about this with you, wake up, and realize what you actually used as an argument.

Depends on the actual penalty wording I think, if it was called as a hit on a defenseless WR (I can see in real time, and in the heat of the moment an official calling if that even thou it really wasn't), or illegal hit using the crown of the helmet preceded by during the return, and/or the ruling on the field is an Int, during the return. The 1st one gives the Jets the ball, and 15 yards, the 2nd Titans the ball, and back 15.

true, but either way the call is crucial because it either puts the defense on a longer field or the offense ahead 15 yards.

I'm also beginning to suspect the officiating a little. McIntyre bumping Locker was a penalty but the Hill hit wasn't? if you look hard enough, you can find a penalty in any NFL play, it's beginning to feel like that they're working extra hard to find Jets penalties. they also managed to miss at least one blatant Titans hold yesterday.

true, but either way the call is crucial because it either puts the defense on a longer field or the offense ahead 15 yards.

I'm also beginning to suspect the officiating a little. McIntyre bumping Locker was a penalty but the Hill hit wasn't? if you look hard enough, you can find a penalty in any NFL play, it's beginning to feel like that they're working extra hard to find Jets penalties. they also managed to miss at least one blatant Titans hold yesterday.

I agree, I think the whole "the Jets are the worst team in the league notion during the offseason, and leading up to the season" might be influencing the refs to throw flags against them on certain plays, and cut the opposition some slack just because "hey it's the Jets they suck". I know it sounds all conspiracy theory, and stuff, but it's hard not to come away thinking this as a fan of the Jets, and paying attention to some of the BS defensive holding calls, and then watch our WR's, and TE's get blatantly mugged 5 minutes later with no call. Don't get me wrong the Jets have taken A LOT of stupid penalties, but A LOT could have been non calls.

Archived