Our Running Back by Committee looks pretty good.

Jetsfan80

This week we got our first look at our 3 RB's all being available, and though we haven't discussed it much, I liked what I saw.

Bilal is clearly our workhorse.  But Ivory may be a bit of a bruiser/goalline guy who has good speed to boot.  Goodson looks like a burner who will play the Sproles/Pierre Thomas type of role in the offense. 

I think Ivory has the highest upside of the 3 because he's a nasty runner who can push the pile.  However, he also runs like he's going to get himself killed.  If Bilal and Goodson can be counted on this year, those 2 will make a nice duo when all is said and done.

The thing that I am going to be interested is if they think Powell or Ivory will be more succesful down the stretch.  They both could benefit from wearing down defenses.  I like the group, but I am skeptical that they will last very long. 

At least we have 3 viable options right now.  Some teams out there (Giants?) don't have anyone.  Plus the big thing, of course, has been the offensive line playing better than last year and the play-calling of Mornhinweg. 

I'm really pleased with Powell. I always thought of him as a #2 but he's doing well and he gets through a lot of holes Greene NEVER would get through.

Jury's still out on Ivory and Goodson but I like most of what I've seen from them. I do wish Ivory would try going around people rather than over them, though. Injury waiting to happen, and he seems really good when he's not injured.

This week we got our first look at our 3 RB's all being available, and though we haven't discussed it much, I liked what I saw.

Bilal is clearly our workhorse.  But Ivory may be a bit of a bruiser/goalline guy who has good speed to boot.  Goodson looks like a burner who will play the Sproles/Pierre Thomas type of role in the offense. 

I think Ivory has the highest upside of the 3 because he's a nasty runner who can push the pile.  However, he also runs like he's going to get himself killed.  If Bilal and Goodson can be counted on this year, those 2 will make a nice duo when all is said and done.

I think your assessment and comparisons are right on lets just hope they stay healthy that's the only obstical

If at least two of them can stay healthy we should be in good shape!  Powell's the man and Goodson was fun to watch on Sunday until he went out.  Ivory seems to play three plays a game so I really don't know know much about him other than when that guy gets a full head of steam, watch the hell out.

Powell has turned into a very nice back for us.  Goodson and Ivory are both question marks but damn they both run like they want it.  The effort those two put into their runs was impressive.  If they can stay healthy they make a nice compliment for one another and will help Geno progress.  Ivory seems like a guy who could beat a team down with a lead in the fourth quarter. Sorta like Lamont Jordan.

If at least two of them can stay healthy we should be in good shape!  Powell's the man and Goodson was fun to watch on Sunday until he went out.  Ivory seems to play three plays a game so I really don't know know much about him other than when that guy gets a full head of steam, watch the hell out.

I've been pumping up Ivory all season and we're finally getting to see some glimpses of what he can do.  His numbers aren't pretty so far and he hasn't gotten involved in the passing game (may not be his role) but he's been passing the eye test.

Goodson is a fast mofo.  Only thing I knew about him was he had a fast speed rating on Madden.  The Madden rationale told me Randall Cobb was going to be a special player so hopefully it'll go 2/2.  LOL.

The Falcons D is terrible...so it will be interesting to see what they do vs. a little stiffer competition but definitely looks like they all bring something to the table.  Goodson looks like he could be a game breaker, Ivory runs with no fear and looks like he could bust one at anytime but he runs so hard I fear that ball is always up for grabs and Powell is just an all around solid dependable player in every aspect of the game.

Of the 3, Powell looks like the guy that can make something out of nothing.  He's had numerous plays this season when there has literally been nothing, defender in the backfield yet he finds a way to get some positive yardage.

Powell has turned into a very nice back for us.  Goodson and Ivory are both question marks but damn they both run like they want it.  The effort those two put into their runs was impressive.  If they can stay healthy they make a nice compliment for one another and will help Geno progress.  Ivory seems like a guy who could beat a team down with a lead in the fourth quarter. Sorta like Lamont Jordan.

My only issue with Ivory...he looks like a back that's only as good as his blocking...now I get that's the case for most backs but he doesnt seem to have the wiggle to make a guy miss and still get positive yards the way Powell can.  However, if Ivory has a monster hole in front of him, look out!

The Falcons D is terrible...so it will be interesting to see what they do vs. a little stiffer competition

Falcons D was awful against the pass but they were decent against the run.  Might be a case of "why run when you can throw on them" but still.

Steelers have been awful against the run this year but after a bye week I bet they get a lot tighter on D.

My only issue with Ivory...he looks like a back that's only as good as his blocking...now I get that's the case for most backs but he doesnt seem to have the wiggle to make a guy miss and still get positive yards the way Powell can.  However, if Ivory has a monster hole in front of him, look out!

He seems pretty disinterested in making people miss.  Not sure it's a lack of wiggle or a NEED to knock a bitch out. 

He seems pretty disinterested in making people miss.  Not sure it's a lack of wiggle or a NEED to knock a bitch out. 

He looks for contact like Shonn Greene, but unlike Greene, he can actually make someone pay and doesn't get up like he just ran 3 marathons.

Of the 3, Powell looks like the guy that can make something out of nothing.  He's had numerous plays this season when there has literally been nothing, defender in the backfield yet he finds a way to get some positive yardage.

Last running play of the game when Geno called the audible was ALL Bilal.  Shook a guy in the back field and went forward for 6.  Cold have easily been a 2 yard loss and change that kick from win to SOJ.

Last running play of the game when Geno called the audible was ALL Bilal.  Shook a guy in the back field and went forward for 6.  Cold have easily been a 2 yard loss and change that kick from win to SOJ.

Bilal = workhorse

Ivory = punisher

Goodson = burner

Talk about an identity shift.

With his speed, I'd like to see Goodson returning kickoffs. Gates stinks at doing that.

No sense in risking one of our RB's to injury.  Just tell Gates to take a knee in the end zone every single time, and that if ever takes it out and fumbles, we shoot him in the d***.

I like Bilal Powell, I call him "My pal Bilal" He is as tough as a pine knot and runs hard. Always gives second effort and should have gotten more carries last year when Shonn Greene was diving into the pile for his usual two yard gain. The jury is our on ouchy Ivory and haven't seen enough of Goodson. His 30 yard pass reception was sweet. Speed and he can catch - that is a potentially lethal combination.

Consider I'm not putting him anywhere near the same level, but I've kind of come to think of Powell as a poor man's Martin.  The kind of guy who is good at everything, great at nothing, but every now and then will catch you off guard by making a play that shows he you he's faster/stronger/shiftier than you might really think.  It's due to this that I think Ivory and Goodson are great compliments to him as they bring that big play potential into the mix to top it off.  Letting Powell be the workhorse will also only help to hopefully keep those other two healthy throughout the season.

Bilal reminds me of Curtis. Nothing Flashy but always consitent...he could really end up being a great number one with a few more starts under his belt. He has this elusivness about him that makes me think hes very smart out there

Did I seriously get ninja'd with this friggin' comparison?  Wow.

does Ninja'd mean I beat you to the thought? than yes you did

and for those over enthusiastic people who quote mine and say im crazy or way off base. I said Reminds me of martin, not the second coming, not better, not as good. reminds me.

Like Bleedin Green said, HE is good at many and not great at anything. I prefer that to the Hillis and Blounts of the leauge

Consistency is the most underated skill set nowadays

Powell is the best back on the team. 

And nothing has been shown different since week 1.  Goodson I think will be a great change of pace back but I have a strong feeling this will be Powells backfield mostly......Unless Ivory can start consistently producing like Powell...then maybe they begin to equally share carries...otherwise I see his carries just being 6-8 a game at most.  Which kinda sucks bc I expected a lot out of ivory...when he came in for sproles last year on the Saints this guy lite up the damn field for 2 weeks.

Bilal reminds me of Curtis. Nothing Flashy but always consitent...he could really end up being a great number one with a few more starts under his belt. He has this elusivness about him that makes me think hes very smart out there

More like Freeman McNeil....always picks up about 4 or 5 yards.

Archived