Laziness from our receivers

Sperm Edwards

Receivers need to go get the f*cking football.  I'm happy with the win and not looking to nitpick (though that's precisely what this thread is doing), or absolve some by ripping others, but these guys are freaking lazy receivers.  Go get the damn ball.  When you're all alone you can let it hit you in the chest.  When the coverage is tighter, go get it.  Don't wait for the ball to come to you.  Reach out and catch it with your hands.  Just laziness.  Hill did it twice and there were others (think Cumberland did one on a key pass as well but can't remember).

Invasion of the Body Catchers all over again.  I hate that crap.

Other than that, thrilled with the win.  F*ck Brady, f*ck Belichick, and f*ck their filthy scumbag fanbase with their retahd Bahstan accent.

Said same thing on Hill plays. Cumberland at least looked like he was pissed at himself for not going up and getting that ball.

Love Cumberland.  Our receiver with the most upside IMO and very good as it stands right now.

There's a reason they've held onto him for so long. Kid can play. Hill was a waste of a pick...just doesnt have  football ability.

It's not laziness with Hill, I just don't think he can catch a ball with his hands. 

Not buying it.  He's unpolished and probably doesn't have the ability to be a top receiver that his measurables suggest he could be.  But every awful receiver in the league CAN catch with his hands.  They wouldn't be on anyone's roster otherwise.  This is just laziness.  Coaches have to shoulder some blame in this because when it's multiple guys on the roster doing it that means it's not being stressed enough.  However much they're stressing it in practice it isn't enough.  

You can't just run your route and when the ball's in the air just wait for it to hit you in the breadbox so you can comfortably catch it with the inside of your elbow.  Go get the freaking ball.  It's right there.  The pass is thrown right to you.  Just go get it.  It's yours if you reach out and grab it.  It's incomplete if you don't.

Hill should have made that catch on the deep ball. His doppelganger, Calvin Johnson, out jumped triple coverage for a TD today.

I don't expect him to be Megatron.  That's ridiculous.  But I expect him to try for the ball, though, instead of looking like he wants the ball to do all the work.

Receivers need to go get the f*cking football.  I'm happy with the win and not looking to nitpick (though that's precisely what this thread is doing), or absolve some by ripping others, but these guys are freaking lazy receivers.  Go get the damn ball.  When you're all alone you can let it hit you in the chest.  When the coverage is tighter, go get it.  Don't wait for the ball to come to you.  Reach out and catch it with your hands.  Just laziness.  Hill did it twice and there were others (think Cumberland did one on a key pass as well but can't remember).

Invasion of the Body Catchers all over again.  I hate that crap.

Other than that, thrilled with the win.  F*ck Brady, f*ck Belichick, and f*ck their filthy scumbag fanbase with their retahd Bahstan accent.

are you f'ing kidding me with this pathetic thread after a win? how dare you complain about this when the team just dismantled the patriots. f'ing ridiculous. sick of all this crap on the forums affter a win. can't we enjoy the damn win instead of all the self-loathing complainging jets fan losers searching for anything to bitch about?

Yeah, that's a good point.  I don't know what to think of Hill. He gets more separation than any of our receivers most of the time.  He effortlessly gets deep.  He's fluid and fast.  He just can't catch that well, and he's a little too soft maybe.  You're right though, he can learn to catch better with more practice.

I thought Nelson was pretty aggressive fighting for the ball today, and Kerley was solid if not spectacular. 

Find Hill to be an enigma though. 

In my opinion, he will never completely live up to his lofty potential.  But he can get better than he is now. 

I think Hill is working towards it.  I agree he should be attacking the ball more, but he is still a little raw and I am not surprised. Torrey Smith just did the exact same thing on a long gain and got the catch.  Plenty of NFL receivers are like that.  They should be trained out of it, but it isnt' anything shocking

Hill should have made that catch on the deep ball. His doppelganger, Calvin Johnson, out jumped triple coverage for a TD today.

CJ he's not, but watch Johnson play enough, he body catches just as many balls at the rest of the league.  The only non slot receiver that I see who consistently catches the ball with his hands is Fitzy, the rest of the guys all let it get into their body a decent amount.

Not buying it.  He's unpolished and probably doesn't have the ability to be a top receiver that his measurables suggest he could be.  But every awful receiver in the league CAN catch with his hands.  They wouldn't be on anyone's roster otherwise.  This is just laziness.  Coaches have to shoulder some blame in this because when it's multiple guys on the roster doing it that means it's not being stressed enough.  However much they're stressing it in practice it isn't enough.  

You can't just run your route and when the ball's in the air just wait for it to hit you in the breadbox so you can comfortably catch it with the inside of your elbow.  Go get the freaking ball.  It's right there.  The pass is thrown right to you.  Just go get it.  It's yours if you reach out and grab it.  It's incomplete if you don't.

He's got serious fundamental flaws.

Even when he turns around and jumps to catch a ball he waits for it to hit his body. I'm not saying he can't catch the ball with his hands, but instinctively he always seems to wait for it to hit his body.

Jericho Cotchery used to be the polar opposite. He used to catch freaking kick offs and punts with his hands. 

I think Hill is working towards it.  I agree he should be attacking the ball more, but he is still a little raw and I am not surprised. Torrey Smith just did the exact same thing on a long gain and got the catch.  Plenty of NFL receivers are like that.  They should be trained out of it, but it isnt' anything shocking

Plenty of receivers do it; if you go back and watch Randy Moss, who had some of the smoothest hands I've ever seen, he would routinely out-jump opponents just to catch it at his waist. The important thing is that Hill is routinely beating coverages deep and sooner or later we're going to start hitting those at a better clip.

are you f'ing kidding me with this pathetic thread after a win? how dare you complain about this when the team just dismantled the patriots. f'ing ridiculous. sick of all this crap on the forums affter a win. can't we enjoy the damn win instead of all the self-loathing complainging jets fan losers searching for anything to bitch about?

Then don't read it.  The subject of this thread nearly cost us what should have been a more secure win.  I'm happy with the win, and happy with 90% of the team, if you actually bothered to read my post.  But this problem isn't going to go away because the refs called unsportsmanlike conduct on a 56-yard attempt that would have been no good with or without the penalty.

It needs addressing.  If you don't like reading about it, then don't read it.  There is no rule that says all threads or all posts need to be boastful bravado because we eked one out that, frankly, should have been in the bag if we could catch.  Just like the last Pats game: Smith threw all of those terrible picks, but it wouldn't have meant the game (and we wouldn't have been in those situations) if the receivers caught the ball in the first place.

I don't expect them to be superstars because they just aren't that good.  I expect the effort, though.  Any fan should expect that.

Then don't read it.  The subject of this thread nearly cost us what should have been a more secure win.  I'm happy with the win, and happy with 90% of the team, if you actually bothered to read my post.  But this problem isn't going to go away because the refs called unsportsmanlike conduct on a 56-yard attempt that would have been no good with or without the penalty.

It needs addressing.  If you don't like reading about it, then don't read it.  There is no rule that says all threads or all posts need to be boastful bravado because we eked one out that, frankly, should have been in the bag if we could catch.  Just like the last Pats game: Smith threw all of those terrible picks, but it wouldn't have meant the game (and we wouldn't have been in those situations) if the receivers caught the ball in the first place.

I don't expect them to be superstars because they just aren't that good.  I expect the effort, though.  Any fan should expect that.

lol.....i guess i should have put /saracsm before my post.......it was a joke

Plenty of receivers do it; if you go back and watch Randy Moss, who had some of the smoothest hands I've ever seen, he would routinely out-jump opponents just to catch it at his waist. The important thing is that Hill is routinely beating coverages deep and sooner or later we're going to start hitting those at a better clip.

These were on-target jump balls and he's positioned somewhat behind the CB and yet he's waiting for the ball to come to him.  That is laziness.

I been thinking about it and I think it could also be lack of awareness and anticipation.  He is just not a smart football player and if he was he would be a beast cause he can really separate like the great one.

Everybody does it.  I did it plenty and I generally don't see a problem with it. There are times you have to fight for the ball though and Hill should have gone up for it.

He isn't busting on you.  He is being sarcastic because people were busting on his Rex D chokes again thread.  Me included cause it seems like total bullsh*t to complain about a D giving Brady 20 points in a game plus a series and scoring 7 themselves.  Net -13 seems pretty good to me.

lol yes you should have.  

i thought maybe you saw my thread complaining about the defenses lack of making the 4th quarter srtop to seal the win. i got a few of the same type of responses.

people don't seem to like it when you point out a fundamental flaw that has plagued the team after they pulled out a win with the help of a bs penalty

Geno was throwing guys open all day....we need to go heavy WR in the draft. Hill's a liability if he's not wide open deep.

Funny you say this, I think that is why he threw the pick.  There is a big difference between throwing to a guy on the move than throwing to a guy settling in.  I don't agree about HIll.  I think he is doing pretty well and only getting better.  I think Hill is drawing coverage and while I don't have a problem with the PI call, there are tons of times where that call is not made.

i thought maybe you saw my thread complaining about the defenses lack of making the 4th quarter srtop to seal the win. i got a few of the same type of responses.

people don't seem to like it when you point out a fundamental flaw that has plagued the team after they pulled out a win with the help of a bs penalty

Everytime someone brings up a "BS" call im going to remind them that it was because of a bs call on Hill that we were in that position in the first place.

Everybody does it.  I did it plenty and I generally don't see a problem with it. There are times you have to fight for the ball though and Hill should have gone up for it.

He isn't busting on you.  He is being sarcastic because people were busting on his Rex D chokes again thread.  Me included cause it seems like total bullsh*t to complain about a D giving Brady 20 points in a game plus a series and scoring 7 themselves.  Net -13 seems pretty good to me.

the thing is i was not complaining about the overall performance of the defense. there is that one area of the game in which this defense has consistently failed under rex ryan. and thats sealing the victory in the 4th quarter.

I have to disagree with you.  One thing is to bring legitimate feedback on our players like this thread and another thing is to rip the coach, who is making wonder with this team after coming from a huge win that nobody gave him a chance, is despicable.

Everytime someone brings up a "BS" call im going to remind them that it was because of a bs call on Hill that we were in that position in the first place.

you are right. that call was definitely bullsh*t. doesn't change the fact that without a call as obscure as the tuck rule we give tom brady the ball near midfield in sudden death

I have to disagree with you.  One thing is to bring legitimate feedback on our players like this thread and another thing is to rip the coach, who is making wonder with this team after coming from a huge win that nobody gave him a chance, is despicable.

i disagree with me also

you are right. that call was definitely bullsh*t. doesn't change the fact that without a call as obscure as the tuck rule we give tom brady the ball near midfield in sudden death

Agreed. But how sweet is it that it went our way this time?

I would have loved to have just won that game outright 34-24 with that pass to Hill icing it but this is a little harder for Pats fans to have to swallow...which is fun!

1 question. were you or were you not pissed off when the patriots were allowed to tie it up at the end of the game? and did you or did you not see it coming?

I was more pissed that Cumberland dropped that pasd on the sideline because I knew if Brady got the ball with 2 mins left a win or tie was imminent. We got the lesser of two evils. When youre playing Brady thats all you can hope for.

Archived