It's time for everyone to stop kissing Brady's ass

Matt39

Brady didn't have receivers even close to what Manning has had for his whole career until 2007. Which is not-so-shockingly when Brady started outperforming Manning.

Sanchez did well with Santonio, Braylon n Cotchery too, neither of whom were better than any if the starters Brady n Manning had.

you have to give Rex credit.  Sure Brady has blown him out of the building a few times but Rex has also confounded Brady on more than a few occasions.  When the D line gets to him, even without the sacks, he rushes.  Blitz him and you die.

I would not be happy w Brady as a Pats fan this year but it's 3 SBs so now you just live w him and bow down until he retires. He's earned that respect and admiration. The way he seems to treat the rest of the team is an abomination however. Interesting he's always by himself on the sideline. End of an era and it's like the Prince is being taken away kicking and screaming like a little bitch.

Second best QB at  Metlife today. He;s awful under pressure. Throws players under the bus on the sideline. A clean pass to Gronk wins the game.

The "he makes mediocre WR's good" is such a load of sh*t.

He's on his way out, he was a great QB though, just falling off a cliff this year. I can't credit the Jets defense as much as I can Brady's inaccuracy. He was putrid 

Think Belichick drafts a QB in the first 2 rounds this year?  I say definitely.  Though of course he might not give a sh**.  When Brady retires he won't be far behind.

Didn't he say a while back that he would retire when Brady did?

If so, smart guy.  Doesn't want to be outed as just another NE coach who rode Brady's coattails.

I hear you (for my money, Brady is still the best in the league), but he hasn't been the same since that knee injury.

Yes, you needed to clarify that in your intial statement... He hasn't been the same in the pocket since 2008, but this year he's lost his accuracy.. I've seen it numerous games, just missing guys and even when hitting them, it's behind them. Looks like Consuela...

I'm not going to call him done yet, but it's definitely heading that way..

We can do this stuff all day.  First of all, Manning's weapons were overrated.  He had one truly great, HOF weapon (Harrison), one excelllent one (Wayne), and meanwhile, Dallas Clark and Edgerrin James' (both thought to be great) abilities were helped GREATLY by playing with Peyton.

Also, I can argue that Peyton never had a defense like Brady had for those 3 Super Bowls.  Not even close.  The Pats had Harrison, Law, Seymour, Bruschi, McGinnest and Vrabel all stay together for those years.  The Colts had.....Freeney.  As organizations, the Pats were greatly superior.  Yet Peyton won more games overall.  He was the better QB.

Nonsense. Manning having 2 hof WR's is proof that his weapons were overrated?? lol Give Brady his due, you sound foolish otherwise

I would not be happy w Brady as a Pats fan this year but it's 3 SBs so now you just live w him and bow down until he retires. He's earned that respect and admiration. The way he seems to treat the rest of the team is an abomination however. Interesting he's always by himself on the sideline. End of an era and it's like the Prince is being taken away kicking and screaming like a little bitch.

Definitely. It sems like guy's have started to tune him out. You can only listen to someone yell at you for so long before you just stop caring. Edelman dissed him for a reason last week.

I hear you (for my money, Brady is still the best in the league), but he hasn't been the same since that knee injury.

yeah he's not what he once was but the Pats have taken away skill players almost every season then took away his security blanket in Welker as well (and now Peyton is reaping those benefits) You just can't take that much away from a QB as the Pats have and expect the same results.

I think the Pats have made some real idiotic moves the past 4 + years and Brady is certainly paying the price. I guess they felt he could do it with a bunch of rookies and cast offs and I guess they were dead wrong. He will still win them regular season games but he wont beat the playoff caliber defenses since they are tough even when your team is loaded.

Yes, you needed to clarify that in your intial statement... He hasn't been the same in the pocket since 2008, but this year he's lost his accuracy.. I've seen it numerous games, just missing guys and even when hitting them, it's behind them. Looks like Consuela...

I'm not going to call him done yet, but it's definitely heading that way..

CTM when you have piss poor skill players you will begin to see QB's miss on the open plays. The difference is when you had a boat load of skill players they were running open all over the field it was much easier to read and react, Now you have to find the open receiver and its just not as easy and when that clock is ticking in your head its also not easy to be as accurate as you are when you can get rid of the ball quickly and decisively. I think Brady is just as accurate as he ever was but he does not benefit from mismatches all over the field and its taking its toll.

His bad percentage is telling me he's throwing more balls away , his receivers are not making the tough catches, and his receivers are not getting open as often casing him to throw the ball in places he normally would not.

CTM when you have piss poor skill players you will begin to see QB's miss on the open plays. The difference is when you had a boat load of skill players they were running open all over the field it was much easier to read and react, Now you have to find the open receiver and its just not as easy and when that clock is ticking in your head its also not easy to be as accurate as you are when you can get rid of the ball quickly and decisively. I think Brady is just as accurate as he ever was but he does not benefit from mismatches all over the field and its taking its toll.

His bad percentage is telling me he's throwing more balls away , his receivers are not making the tough catches, and his receivers are not getting open as often casing him to throw the ball in places he normally would not.

He had piss poor players for most of his career..

Nonsense. Manning having 2 hof WR's is proof that his weapons were overrated?? lol Give Brady his due, you sound foolish otherwise

I was the one DEFENDING Brady in this thread earlier, you numbskull.  I put Brady among the all-time greats, somewhere in the 2-4 range, but Peyton is the GOAT.

He had piss poor players for most of his career..

people call the players he played with piss poor because they didn't put up the huge stats but in reality every damn one of them played clutch playoff football and every damn one of them was able to make the tough catches and they made plenty of them.  They all played very well within a ball control short passing game and they were tough as nails over the middle. Brady never really opened it up until guys like Moss and Welker showed up.

So no they were not piss poor. Sure Branch,Brown and Givens never put up huge numbers outside of the Pats but in reality they were not that type of WR .... Neither was a true number 1 guy but the sum of the parts certainly made that offense clutch as hell and they always had a nice option out of the backfield as well. They had a championship defense those early years as well and you didn't see continuous 3 and outs putting unneeded pressure on the defense.. Piss Poor is a poor choice of words when referring to those guys.

When Moss and Welker came on the scene Bradys numbers went from 24 TD's and 12 Ints 61 comp % to 50 TD's and 8 Ints  and a 68 comp % .But in fairness in 2006  Brady lost Both Givens and Branch so his numbers dropped signifigantly across the board in 06 as compared to 05 and 04.

IMO the only year Brady Played with anything close to piss poor players was in 06

Archived