Today's Jets tweets

flgreen

What the hell is this refusing to name Smith the starter stuff all about?

Setting a new precedent, that failure comes with consequence.

Rex's #1 most glaring mistake with Sanchez was "anointing" him and never letting it come into question that failure could result in consequence. I think all Rex is doing now is over-compensating for a philosophic shift, to illustrate it to himself as much as to the team and especially the ownership/management.

It's not a big deal.

I think it's a joke at this point. There's no way Geno gets pulled out of the starting lineup the rest of the way. Maybe Rex thinks not making it official is working, so he's sticking with it.

Yeah, it could just be a superstitious thing - like Belli listing Brady as probable for 10 straight years.

For as "broken" as the locker room was two years ago..... the team really seems like they love playing with each other and are true family. Its a good sight.

I could not agree more and was thinking the same thing. What a difference from the past two seasons. Once Santonio is gone it will be even better chemistry. I bet Richardson, who looked somewhst disappointed when the Jets drafted him, is liking things right about now under Rex.

Archived