Everyone Hates Schiano (MERGED)

Integrity28

Not Rex, silly. Players luuuuurrrvvvvv them some Rexxy... 

Greg Schiano. LOL, what a sh*t show. I LOVE it!!!! 

This couldn't be more entertaining to me. I hope this gives Revis some perspective, I'd love to pull his green & white jersey out of storage and welcome him back to playing for the New York Rex, for team-friendly money.

A former Bucs player who spent 2012 in Tampa calls playing for coach Greg Schiano "worse than you can imagine," and "like being in Cuba."

Per reporter Mike Silver, several current players describe a "similarly bleak environment in which the all-powerful, unyielding Schiano spews tone-deaf platitudes." Ex-Buc and current Seahawks DE Michael Bennett was willing to go on the record with his distaste for his former coach. "I think he just wants to flex his power," Bennett said. "He has small (man's) syndrome. I still talk to guys who are there, and trust me, there's not much respect for him in that locker room." With each passing week, it becomes more and more clear that Schiano is going to need a miracle to save his job.

TAMPA, Fla. -- The venom toward Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano has reached a new level with a local radio station buying a billboard calling for the coach's ouster.

Radio station 102.5 The Bone reportedly paid for the billboard in north Tampa that carries the message "Fire Schiano" and the station's logo with flames in the background.

The Bucs are winless in their first six games this season and have lost 11 of their past 12, helping to make the second-year, first-time NFL coach an unpopular figure with the fan base.

The team also went through a messy breakup with quarterback Josh Freeman, who was benched after three games in favor of rookie Mike Glennon and then later released -- but not before details of Freeman's presence in the league's substance-abuse program was leaked to the media. Schiano was adamant he was not the source of the leaks. The NFL Players Association is investigating.

Schiano was booed roundly as he left the field after Tampa Bay's last home game, a 31-20 loss to thePhiladelphia Eagles on Oct. 13.

The Bucs host the Carolina Panthers on Thursday night at Raymond James Stadium, where Tampa Bay has lost six straight games.

Archived