TB first round pick: would you had taken last year

DRJETS

On paper, Tampa Bay looked like they were addressing all of their defensive weaknesses, and like that had a chance at posting an average passing offense, and a great rushing offense. I would taken the 2013 pick, because it was a known commodity - being a top 15 pick - rather than gamble that they finish that bad again after attacking weaknesses in FA so aggressively.

It's not a fair question when you add the "knowing they got it right" part. 

It comes down to being glad they took a top 15 pick plus an escalating 4th rounder, rather than gambling that the Bucs would be terrible... which didn't look to be the case based on the moves they made.

I'm content with the transaction we made.

On paper, Tampa Bay looked like they were addressing all of their defensive weaknesses, and like that had a chance at posting an average passing offense, and a great rushing offense. I would taken the 2013 pick, because it was a known commodity - being a top 15 pick - rather than gamble that they finish that bad again after attacking weaknesses in FA so aggressively.

It's not a fair question when you add the "knowing they got it right" part. 

It comes down to being glad they took a top 15 pick plus an escalating 4th rounder, rather than gambling that the Bucs would be terrible... which didn't look to be the case based on the moves they made.

I'm content with the transaction we made.

So in short words, better the devil you know than the devil you don't. 

If we're getting a do-over, I'd rather have traded Revis for Aaron Rodgers.

At the time, when Rodgers was sliding down in the first round,  I was begging for the Jets to jumps to the first round to grab him from the second since we didn't had a first round in that year. 

There's too many unknowns at this point IMO to say one way another. First off, I think JAX will have the #1 pick and don't think it's even close.  They are 0-16 Lions bad. The Vikes look atrocious as well. I think that's your 1 and 2 right there. The Bucs have 9 games left and anything can happen, plus I think there's more talent there than the record shows. So I don't think they will definitely be top 3 when all is said and done. If that's the case, it changes the whole dynamic of this hypothetical (assuming that the target is Bridgewater). As I mentioned in another thread, if the Jets had the 2014 pick, you just know the Bucs would win enough games to be out of the top 5.

The other thing too is we don't know what Geno will look like at the end of year. Will he show enough to be considered the future (again assuming the target would be Bridgewater). Plus who knows if Bridge will work out? He's not the next PM or AL.

All that being said if I had to choose, I take SR.

You make me sad.

Want to laugh a little? I just looked up a thread about this from the old country (the day Bradway made that trade which - like in 2003 - was made prior to draft day before we even knew who would be there and who wouldn't).

One of the dumbest trades ever. Wanted to see who liked the trade and who didn't like it at the time.  Bitonti loved it (as did JonE and others). Doggin94it and Jason423 hated it (or at a minimum thought it was totally empty-headed to do it before seeing who was available to us first instead of guessing 2 days earlier).

What I didn't remember was that we picked at #26 originally.  Oakland traded up 3 slots to #23 for Fabian Washington.  Everyone initially thought that OF COURSE they're trading up to take Rodgers.  Nope.  Norv Turner loved Tuiasosopo for the future, after coaching him first-hand for the whole prior season, and thought they didn't need Rodgers.  How this guy keeps getting jobs - GOOD jobs - is beyond my comprehension.

Want to laugh a little? I just looked up a thread about this from the old country (the day Bradway made that trade which - like in 2003 - was made prior to draft day before we even knew who would be there and who wouldn't).

One of the dumbest trades ever. Wanted to see who liked the trade and who didn't like it at the time.  Bitonti loved it (as did JonE and others). Doggin94it and Jason423 hated it (or at a minimum thought it was totally empty-headed to do it before seeing who was available to us first instead of guessing 2 days earlier).

What I didn't remember was that we picked at #26 originally.  Oakland traded up 3 slots to #23 for Fabian Washington.  Everyone initially thought that OF COURSE they're trading up to take Rodgers.  Nope.  Norv Turner loved Tuiasosopo for the future, after coaching him first-hand for the whole prior season, and thought they didn't need Rodgers.  How this guy keeps getting jobs - GOOD jobs - is beyond my comprehension.

Good post, Sperm.  How is it that Bitonti is always on the wrong side of history?  Hopefully, the trend will continue with Geno :cool0044:

Whoever wrote this got my vote "Excuse me...I'm going to go outside and pleasently kill myself."      

Well, I laughed twice.  First when I clicked the link and was reminded that I was banned for life in the "old country".  Next when I flashed back to the reality of the twisted brain trust that made personnel decisions back in the day.  Eff-me.  Like I needed another slap upside the head to remind me of how futile being a lifelong fan of this team can be. At least I have seen one Jets' Super Bowl win in my lifetime and had one magical season with Mets', Jets' and Knicks' championships in the same season.  Yeah, the Rangers ****ed me in the ass, without the benefit of a kiss or lube, as usual.

Double post due strictly to a lagging server (kind of like our OLB's and DB's) -- not my own ineptitude or altered state of mind.

Archived