CAA runs this city...2013-14 New York Knicks thread

Matt39

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Matt39 in this forum all through next year's 12-70 Knicks campaign, just so he can mush SMC's face in his own poo. I also want Matt here when the Knicks card comes up with the #1 pick in this year's lottery, which goes right to Denver.

The allure of MSG is gone. No one cares about "winning in NY" anymore. The owners have taken the life out of this city.

The allure of MSG is gone. No one cares about "winning in NY" anymore. The owners have taken the life out of this city.

Word. If I was an elite player, NY is probably the last place I'd want to be. Taxes, media BS, Francesa, traffic, and every owner other than the Maras being absolute dipsh*ts. Who needs it? The highest grossing endorser in the NFL has spent his career in Indianapolis and Denver. Jordan played in Illinois and is still cashing ten-digit endorsement checks. I was listening to the Knicks post-game today and you would have thought they were questioning Melo about his murdering orphaned babies today, like he needed to he publicly shamed because his basketball team sucks.

Word. If I was an elite player, NY is probably the last place I'd want to be. Taxes, media BS, Francesa, traffic, and every owner other than the Maras being absolute dipsh*ts. Who needs it? The highest grossing endorser in the NFL has spent his career in Indianapolis and Denver. Jordan played in Illinois and is still cashing ten-digit endorsement checks.

The Mara's get their asses kissed for no reason imo- but I don't disagree with any of this. 

lol...I think of the idea and the only way you'll play is if you get to decide all of the rules. Yeah, no thanks hombre. 

How many rebounds Anthony Bonner had in game 53 of the 1995 season isn't what I'm looking to answer.

LOL, I wasn't going to go that route.  I had more substantive questions in mind.

I want Matt39 in this forum all through next year's 12-70 Knicks campaign, just so he can mush SMC's face in his own poo. I also want Matt here when the Knicks card comes up with the #1 pick in this year's lottery, which goes right to Denver.

Yeah, a NETS fan wants one supposed Knicks fan to troll another Knicks fan when the same--allegedly--team they root for has a bad season.

Think about that, Matt. 

While I agree the "allure" is gone, but, come on man!  You didn't see it when the allure was there.  Or was that between Power Rangers episodes?

While I agree the "allure" is gone, but, come on man!  You didn't see it when the allure was there.  Or was that between Power Rangers episodes?

Too old for Power Rangers. I watched Transformers.  Stayed up late for Jets Journal too- coincidentally on MSG if memory serves.

Checketts hired riley- DOlan's old man owned Cablevision at the time

WRONG

While Checkets did hire Riley, Paramount owned the Knicks at the time.  Charles Dolan of Cablevision did not buy the Knicks and MSG until 1994 in a partnership with ITT Corp.  Cablevision gained sole ownership in 1997.

Good thing you were too chicken sh*t to take me up on my offer.   

WRONG

While Checkets did hire Riley, Paramount owned the Knicks at the time.  Charles Dolan of Cablevision did not buy the Knicks and MSG until 1994 in a partnership with ITT Corp.  Cablevision gained sole ownership in 1997.

Good thing you were too chicken sh*t to take me up on my offer.   

Right- it was a trick question. I knew there wasn't an owner...and Charlie Dolan did own the cable company at the time. 

Paramount lol.

Right- it was a trick question. I knew there wasn't an owner...and Charlie Dolan did own the cable company at the time. 

Paramount lol.

WTF are you talking about?  It wasn't a trick question.  Riley came in 1991, the supposed year you started watching the team.  Paramount owned the team then and Charles Dolan/Cablevision was no where involved. 

Viacom then bought Paramount and sold the Knicks, Rangers & MSG to Cablevision in 1994.

Next time don't argue with me about the Knicks when you don't even know the answer to the basic question of who owned the team.

The Dolans didn't come until 1994.

WTF are you talking about?  It wasn't a trick question.  Riley came in 1991, the supposed year you started watching the team.  Paramount owned the team then and Charles Dolan/Cablevision was no where involved. 

Viacom then bought Paramount and sold the Knicks, Rangers & MSG to Cablevision in 1994.

Next time don't argue with me about the Knicks when you don't even know the answer to the basic question of who owned the team.

The Dolans didn't come until 1994.

Paramount holdings owned the team- there wasn't a specific owner. And yes in 1991 Charles Dolan owned Cablevision- never did I say he had anything to do with MSG at the time. Checkett's ran the show in 91 and brought in Riley. No I didn't remember that Paramount owned MSG at the time Checketts was making basketball decisions. But feel free to cut and paste some more Wiki.

Paramount holdings owned the team- there wasn't a specific owner. And yes in 1991 Charles Dolan owned Cablevision- never did I say he had anything to do with MSG at the time. Checkett's ran the show in 91 and brought in Riley. No I didn't remember that Paramount owned MSG at the time Checketts was making basketball decisions. But feel free to cut and paste some more Wiki.

Yes, Charles Dolan owned Cablevision in 1991, but Cablevision didn't own the Knicks so I have no idea what you're talking about.  I asked you who owned the Knicks when Riley was hired and you said Cablevision, which is false.

Checketts was brought in by old ownership.  And, no, this isn't about Wiki, LOL.  Any Knicks fan who watched the Knicks back then remembered them pimping the "Paramount Theater" on TV which was adjacent to the Garden.  The name survived the ownership sale.  Now it's called the Theater at Madison Square Garden.

Yes, Charles Dolan owned Cablevision in 1991, but Cablevision didn't own the Knicks so I have no idea what you're talking about.  I asked you who owned the Knicks when Riley was hired and you said Cablevision, which is false.

Checketts was brought in by old ownership.  And, no, this isn't about Wiki, LOL.  Any Knicks fan who watched the Knicks back then remembered them pimping the "Paramount Theater" on TV which was adjacent to the Garden.  The name survived the ownership sale.  Now it's called the Theater at Madison Square Garden.

MSG has been split up so many different ways over the years it's confusing. I know Cablevision didn't own the Knicks in 91....my initial post mentioning the old man was just referencing what he was doing at the time- never said they owned the Knicks.

I could have lied, but my initial thought was Checketts- but I knew he wasn't the owner. I didn't remember Paramount holdings.

T0m is drunk at 5:30 in the morning. LOL

Knowing about Paramount is like knowing that Hess owned the Jets. If you were a fan then you'd know that. It was an easy question.

The Cablevision sale didn't go through until after the Rangers won the Cup. They thought they were buying perennial championship teams, but not.

Just stop, Matt. Checketts was the executive, not the owner. If I wanted for you to answer about the executive I would've asked.

Heck, I'll give you an easy question so you can redeem yourself, young man.

Breen and Clyde are the main broadcast team today for local broadcast of Knicks game. Who was the main broadcast team in the 1990s?

Just stop, Matt. Checketts was the executive, not the owner. If I wanted for you to answer about the executive I would've asked.

Heck, I'll give you an easy question so you can redeem yourself, young man.

Breen and Clyde are the main broadcast team today for local broadcast of Knicks game. Who was the main broadcast team in the 1990s?

Marv until he started wearing women's underwear and John Andariese.

Can you name the 4 players drafted by the Knicks in the 90's who played in the final 4 the year prior?

Archived