Tom Brady should be suspended for his actions after the game

joewilly12

It was the right call. No chance for Gronk on the pass.

There is absolutely no grounds to suspend or fine Brady. 

End of game, guy is amped, said what he had to say to ref and was done. BFD.

At the point where they are running back up the tunnel, it's not "end of game" anymore, it's "game is over, let it go". He was out of line. Suspension would be silly, but a fine - yes.

At the point where they are running back up the tunnel, it's not "end of game" anymore, it's "game is over, let it go". He was out of line. Suspension would be silly, but a fine - yes.

why?  I'm sure the refs in the NFL are big boys and probably heard worse....plus the NFL is Kraft and Brady's beyoootches...nothing will come of it.

why?  I'm sure the refs in the NFL are big boys and probably heard worse....plus the NFL is Kraft and Brady's beyoootches...nothing will come of it.

The bold is contextually irrelevant to your question of "why?"

Brady should be made an example of, plain and simple. Competition belongs on the field, not in the tunnels, not in the parking lot, not beyond the field. What if Brady approached the same refs away from the field, say in the airport terminal on the flight home (as an example). Would it be appropriate, league-endorsed competitive behavior then?

No.

If the league doesn't set a precedent that players need to leave it on the field, then this will just be encouragement for it to become prevalent and worse in the future.

I don't wholly believe in this, BUT I say it from the point of view that Goodell has spent most of his tenure protecting the integrity of "the shield" above all. So, in my opinion it strikes me as hypocritical that Brady can accost a ref once they've left the field, but Goodell sticks his nose in every other off-the-field matter (especially when it involves African American players).

The bold is contextually irrelevant to your question of "why?"

Brady should be made an example of, plain and simple. Competition belongs on the field, not in the tunnels, not in the parking lot, not beyond the field. What if Brady approached the same refs away from the field, say in the airport terminal on the flight home (as an example). Would it be appropriate, league-endorsed competitive behavior then?

No.

If the league doesn't set a precedent that players need to leave it on the field, then this will just be encouragement for it to become prevalent and worse in the future.

I don't wholly believe in this, BUT I say it from the point of view that Goodell has spent most of his tenure protecting the integrity of "the shield" above all. So, in my opinion it strikes me as hypocritical that Brady can accost a ref once they've left the field, but Goodell sticks his nose in every other off-the-field matter (especially when it involves African American players).

While the premise of your argument has merit, the reality is Brady did not accost the refs. 

He dropped an F-bomb.  It was not even an F-bomb used as an insult.  He ran to catch up to the head ref and then walked with the refs up the tunnel.

If that is the bar that is going to be set in order to suspend a player for berating a ref, then there will be 5-10 suspensions a week. 

There are more threatening actions during a game between a ref and player than what Brady did.

Again, your premise is good, but this is not the case for its precedent.

While the premise of your argument has merit, the reality is Brady did not accost the refs. 

He dropped an F-bomb.  It was not even an F-bomb used as an insult.  He ran to catch up to the head ref and then walked with the refs up the tunnel.

If that is the bar that is going to be set in order to suspend a player for berating a ref, then there will be 5-10 suspensions a week. 

There are more threatening actions during a game between a ref and player than what Brady did.

Again, your premise is good, but this is not the case for its precedent.

ac·cost
əˈkôst,əˈkäst/
verb

1. 1.
    approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.

Glad you approve.  :hand:

ac·cost
əˈkôst,əˈkäst/
verb

1. 1.
    approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.

Glad you approve.  :hand:

What was bold? 

Or aggressive?

Again, other than a fine for the F-Bomb, there is nothing that warrants a suspension.  It is not like he Willie Coloned the ref.  Now, that was aggressive behavior.  I am sure D'Brick agrees.

What was bold? 

Or aggressive?

Again, other than a fine for the F-Bomb, there is nothing that warrants a suspension.  It is not like he Willie Coloned the ref.  Now, that was aggressive behavior.  I am sure D'Brick agrees.

Why are you asking subjective questions and nitpicking adjectives?

Also, how many times do I have to qualify that I said a fine is the appropriate way for Goodell to administer consistency with how he's handled most things since taking over as commish? 

You know, you've said a lot of really stupid things on this site over the years but just when I think you've hit rock bottom... you somehow manage to outdo yourself. 

1. Based on what evidence do Geno or Sanchez "accept losing?" Being gracious in a loss is not the same as being "accepting of losing." It's called being an adult and a professional. Neither one is a good QB but I sincerely doubt that either of them "accept losing." That is a pathetically moronic troll line. GFY.

2. Livid is one thing, but when Brady loses, he acts like a petulant child. The guys bitches and whines and even does things like run off the field and not shake the opposing QB's hand. He is an unprofessional tennis brat playing a man's sport. **** him. I hope he gets fined and suspended for his latest act of childishness. Fine example he sets for his backup who followed him and joined in on the yelling at the offiicials. If I was one of those refs, I deck Mallet and tell him to shut his ******* mouth until he takes a meaningful snap in an NFL game. 

Not as stoopid as Sanchez is improving and that V Ghost was a good draft pick. Welker is average and would be nothing without Moss were more of your pearls of wisdom.

Those are on you Baldie.

And this is why I'm arguing that Brady should be at least fined for this, because if the NFL can come down on a ref for verbally abusing a player, then the NFL should without question come down on a player for verbally abusing a ref... on primetime... after the game is over... off the field.

The hypocrisy of Roger Goodell, the man that took the NFL at it's peak and did everything he could to change/ruin the product.

5761.jpg

NFL suspended umpire Roy Ellison one game for verbally abusing Redskins LT Trent Williams in Week 11 against Philadelphia.

Williams accused Ellison of calling him a "garbage-ass, disrespectful mutherf–ker." Ex-NFL head of officiating Mike Pereira disclosed this week that this wasn't the first time Ellison had been accused of verbally abusing players on the field. Pereira had to issue Ellison warnings about his behavior in the past.

And this is why I'm arguing that Brady should be at least fined for this, because if the NFL can come down on a ref for verbally abusing a player, then the NFL should without question come down on a player for verbally abusing a ref... on primetime... after the game is over... off the field.

The hypocrisy of Roger Goodell, the man that took the NFL at it's peak and did everything he could to change/ruin the product.

5761.jpg

NFL suspended umpire Roy Ellison one game for verbally abusing Redskins LT Trent Williams in Week 11 against Philadelphia.

Williams accused Ellison of calling him a "garbage-ass, disrespectful mutherf–ker." Ex-NFL head of officiating Mike Pereira disclosed this week that this wasn't the first time Ellison had been accused of verbally abusing players on the field. Pereira had to issue Ellison warnings about his behavior in the past.

Apples and oranges.

An athlete dropping an f bomb or cussing at a referee is an acceptable social norm.  The line is drawn at contact. 

The ref's line is drawn at verbal abuse.

Apples and oranges.

An athlete dropping an f bomb or cussing at a referee is an acceptable social norm.  The line is drawn at contact. 

The ref's line is drawn at verbal abuse.

... and it shouldn't be... which is why I'm saying is it should not be acceptable, which is why I called it hypocritical. Typical of Goodell's reign, uneven administration of rules.

I can't keep spelling everything out for you. 

... and it shouldn't be... which is why I'm saying is it should not be acceptable, which is why I called it hypocritical. Typical of Goodell's reign, uneven administration of rules.

I can't keep spelling everything out for you. 

Are you one of those whiners that Goodell is ruining everything?

Like trying to deal with concussions, Goodell is not the cause of this (according to you) players running all over the refs.  It has been going on in all sports for probably a hundred years.  Right?  No,, but I would rather an athlete have a means to vent, exactly like Brady, then having to bite his tongue and let it fester.

Of all the things to nit pick, I am sure it is more your kelly green tinted glasses than an actual soap box, you are choosing this?  Something that rarely happens.  I have seen worse athlete on ref violence in soccer.  There is nothing wrong, the players have a line in the sand, i is contact.  When they come in contact, they will get suspended.

Are you one of those whiners that Goodell is ruining everything?

Like trying to deal with concussions, Goodell is not the cause of this (according to you) players running all over the refs.  It has been going on in all sports for probably a hundred years.  Right?  No,, but I would rather an athlete have a means to vent, exactly like Brady, then having to bite his tongue and let it fester.

Of all the things to nit pick, I am sure it is more your kelly green tinted glasses than an actual soap box, you are choosing this?  Something that rarely happens.  I have seen worse athlete on ref violence in soccer.  There is nothing wrong, the players have a line in the sand, i is contact.  When they come in contact, they will get suspended.

I'm a stickler for fairness. If I see a double standard, I'll call it out as such. Probably a symptom of intellect, my bad.

Anyway, I'm hardly a Jets homer - you sound like a complete jackass even insinuating that's where I'm coming from on this. Strawman, at best. Ironic too, considering you refuse to talk about blatant double standard because you are a Pats fan with serious butthurt over that loss. 

Discussion over.

Archived