Cro "iffy" against Dolphins

flgreen

NY Jets top cornerback Antonio Cromartie iffy against Dolphins  Cromartie did not practice Wednesday, and even though the veteran has played poorly this season, it would still be a blow to the struggling secondary. Comments (2) BY SETH WALDER / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2013, 11:18 PM

Print
SHARE THIS URL:
451765045.jpg ROB CARR/GETTY IMAGES  

Antonio Cromartie leaves the field during the fourth quarter of the Jets' 19-3 loss to the Ravens.

inform.jpg

The Jets have enough problems with the deep ball, and now they might have to handle Mike Wallace and the Dolphins without top cornerback Antonio CromartieRex Ryan said Wednesday that Cromartie could be a game-time decision on Sunday at MetLife with a hip injury.

“That’s tough to call right now,” Ryan said of Cromartie’s chances of playing. “That one truly could be a game-timer or something like that. We know he’s had a history. He’s a durable guy.”

Cromartie did not practice Wednesday, and even though the veteran has played poorly this season, it would still be a blow to the struggling secondary.

“Cro’s one of the better corners in the league, so obviously we’d make adjustments,” Ryan said. “Hopefully, we don’t have to find that out. Hopefully he’s able to play.”

KERLEY CLOSE

WR Jeremy Kerley (elbow) hasn’t played since Week 9 against New Orleans, and though his health is improving, he isn’t sure if he’ll be a go on Sunday. He played catch with one hand for most of last week, but now is using both hands.

“Yeah. I’d catch with three hands if I had them,” he said.

“I think when we all saw the injury we’d say that there’s no way, but he was out there today,” Ryan said. “He did not have a red (non-contact) jersey on, but it’s almost like, ‘Don’t touch him.’ ”

Gang Green desperately could use some help at wide receiver, and after the Jets went 1-for-12 on third down last week, he might help in that area.

“That’s one of my strong suits,” Kerley said. “I just want to step on the field.”

WEARING ON NICK

Nick Mangold was limited by a wrist injury and didn’t take part in positional drills during the media portion of practice. Nevertheless, Ryan and Mangold seemed unconcerned.

Mangold said it was just “wear and tear.”

“Nothing major that I’m concerned about,” he said.

SNAP DECISION

Stephen Hill played in only 46% of the Jets’ offensive snaps last week and didn’t register a catch in the 19-3 loss to the Ravens, and Ryan wouldn’t use Hill’s health as an excuse. “No, it’s not that,” Ryan said. “We’re trying to play the best players.”

Hill hasn’t caught a pass since a 49-9 loss to the Bengals on Oct. 27. Wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal had told Hill last week that his reps would be diminishing.

Hill did not think the reduced snaps were because of performance and said he expects to go back to regular playing time next week.

Twitter.com/SethWalderNYDN

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-insider-cro-iffy-dolphins-article-1.1531704#ixzz2lwcfC816

NY Jets top cornerback Antonio Cromartie iffy against Dolphins  Cromartie did not practice Wednesday, and even though the veteran has played poorly this season, it would still be a blow to the struggling secondary. Comments (2) BY SETH WALDER / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2013, 11:18 PM

CRO is done in NY. IMO he had a good career, no regrets. he is simply aging. maybe it was the vasectomy?

Print

SHARE THIS URL:

451765045.jpg ROB CARR/GETTY IMAGES  

Antonio Cromartie leaves the field during the fourth quarter of the Jets' 19-3 loss to the Ravens.

inform.jpg

The Jets have enough problems with the deep ball, and now they might have to handle Mike Wallace and the Dolphins without top cornerback Antonio CromartieRex Ryan said Wednesday that Cromartie could be a game-time decision on Sunday at MetLife with a hip injury.

“That’s tough to call right now,” Ryan said of Cromartie’s chances of playing. “That one truly could be a game-timer or something like that. We know he’s had a history. He’s a durable guy.”

Cromartie did not practice Wednesday, and even though the veteran has played poorly this season, it would still be a blow to the struggling secondary.

“Cro’s one of the better corners in the league, so obviously we’d make adjustments,” Ryan said. “Hopefully, we don’t have to find that out. Hopefully he’s able to play.”

KERLEY CLOSE

WR Jeremy Kerley (elbow) hasn’t played since Week 9 against New Orleans, and though his health is improving, he isn’t sure if he’ll be a go on Sunday. He played catch with one hand for most of last week, but now is using both hands.

“Yeah. I’d catch with three hands if I had them,” he said.

“I think when we all saw the injury we’d say that there’s no way, but he was out there today,” Ryan said. “He did not have a red (non-contact) jersey on, but it’s almost like, ‘Don’t touch him.’ ”

Gang Green desperately could use some help at wide receiver, and after the Jets went 1-for-12 on third down last week, he might help in that area.

“That’s one of my strong suits,” Kerley said. “I just want to step on the field.”

WEARING ON NICK

Nick Mangold was limited by a wrist injury and didn’t take part in positional drills during the media portion of practice. Nevertheless, Ryan and Mangold seemed unconcerned.

Mangold said it was just “wear and tear.”

“Nothing major that I’m concerned about,” he said.

SNAP DECISION

Stephen Hill played in only 46% of the Jets’ offensive snaps last week and didn’t register a catch in the 19-3 loss to the Ravens, and Ryan wouldn’t use Hill’s health as an excuse. “No, it’s not that,” Ryan said. “We’re trying to play the best players.”

Hill hasn’t caught a pass since a 49-9 loss to the Bengals on Oct. 27. Wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal had told Hill last week that his reps would be diminishing.

Hill did not think the reduced snaps were because of performance and said he expects to go back to regular playing time next week.

Twitter.com/SethWalderNYDN

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-insider-cro-iffy-dolphins-article-1.1531704#ixzz2lwcfC816

Cro is 'iffy' period. He's been burnt as many times as the rook. Father Time has caught up with him for sure.

father time creeps up on you, like ed reed

when your play falls off the edge of a cliff, a hip injury is a more logical explanation

Cro has been bad all season for sure, but I don't think it's that he's getting old, he's only 29.  He should be in the peak of his career.  He has had an injured hip all season that is probably what's causing it.

The question is, will the hip ever get better?

Archived