Two wizened Jets fans jump on the Bevell Train: How to fix the Jets

T0mShane

Bridgewater can't be that good if he plays for Louisville. If he was a really good prospect he would be at LSU or South Carolina or USC.

This is horrible logic and I hope you are kidding.

Joe Flacco was a Delaware Fighting Blue Hen in the FCS.  Granted, Joe Flacco sucks, but for one postseason he was stellar. 

Ben Roethlisberger was a Redhawk from Miami (Ohio) and has 2 rings.

Tom Brady was a backup QB for Michigan and has 3 rings.  Drew Brees went to Purdue.  Aaron Rodgers went to Cal.  Colin Kaepernick went to Nevada.  Phillip Rivers went to NC State.  Russell Wilson also went to NC State and then Wisconsin.  None of those are SEC Schools.

The only SEC QB's who have won a ring of late are the Mannings.  And they went to Tennessee and Ole Miss, not any of those schools you mentioned.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bridgewater can't be that good if he plays for Louisville. If he was a really good prospect he would be at LSU or South Carolina or USC. I have seen him play and he has an arm, but so does Geno. I think A.J. McCarron is the NFL ready QB in the draft with the LSU kid next, but ANOTHER rookie QB? Unfathomable.

It's unfortunate that there's so many know-nothing clowns posting on this site right now, it really allows nonsense like this to blend in.

This is horrible logic and I hope you are kidding.

Joe Flacco was a Delaware Fighting Blue Hen in the FCS.  Granted, Joe Flacco sucks, but for one postseason he was stellar. 

Ben Roethlisberger was a Redhawk from Miami (Ohio) and has 2 rings.

Tom Brady was a backup QB for Michigan and has 3 rings.  Drew Brees went to Purdue.  Aaron Rodgers went to Cal.  Colin Kaepernick went to Nevada.  Phillip Rivers went to NC State.  Russell Wilson also went to NC State and then Wisconsin.  None of those are SEC Schools.

The only SEC QB's who have won a ring of late are the Mannings.  And they went to Tennessee and Ole Miss, not any of those schools you mentioned.

No...he's right.  Southern Mississippi is a collegiate juggernaut...that's the only reason they were able to snake Favre away from those SEC's schools.

I can't wait for the Jets to hire Darrell Bevell ... and then defend him for not having enough weaponz. 

Yes because we don't have $50 million in cap space or 10 or so draft picks to bring in weapons for our new, likely offense-minded HC to work with.  You've jumped the shark.

Bridgewater can't be that good if he plays for Louisville. If he was a really good prospect he would be at LSU or South Carolina or USC. I have seen him play and he has an arm, but so does Geno. I think A.J. McCarron is the NFL ready QB in the draft with the LSU kid next, but ANOTHER rookie QB? Unfathomable.

Bridgewater was offered a full ride to the U, and commited to Miami, but backed out when they changed HC's, and then signed on with Louisville instead, he was a 5 star recruit, ranked 6th by rivals.com after his senior year, this statement is ludicrous, and should be deleted!

Bridgewater was offered a full ride to the U, and commited to Miami, but backed out when they changed HC's, and then signed on with Louisville instead, he was a 5 star recruit, ranked 6th by rivals.com after his senior year, this statement is ludicrous, and should be deleted!

Theree is so much stupid in the idea that a good QB has to come form a big school that it's scary. I readily admit I do not watch much NCAA, but if you look at where good NFL QBs went to school(and in Tom Brady's case whether they started)it isn't much help in predicting NFL success. It's almost negligible.

Archived