Quarterback Index.

BurnleyJet

No surprise where they rank Geno.

The old guard at quarterback is not going away quietly. After a 2012 highlighted by the best rookie class in memory, quarterback royalty in 2013 looked remarkably similar to the top guns back in 2009.

It was the year of Peyton Manning, like so many before. But right behind him was a Philip Rivers revival worthy of his best seasons. (This is a guy who once led the league in yards per attempt (YPA) for three consecutive seasons.) Drew Brees hasn't gone anywhere. Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger started the season slow, but try naming five better quarterbacks than them in the second half.

The next generation is coming. Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck and Ryan Tannehill all progressed. Cam Newton "matured," which is media translation for his defense getting better (Newton never was exactly a problem). Nick Foles came out of nowhere to bolster the 2012 rookie class.

The young guys will have their day on top. Perhaps it will come in these playoffs. For now, it's the same old bosses running the NFL.

This is the Quarterback Index. Every four weeks, I rank all 32 starters, top to bottom. This is one of those weeks. The rankings are based on 2013 play alone. I've included everyone's preseason ranking next to them in parenthesis.

Alone at the top

1. Peyton Manning (3)

Manning is about to win his fifth MVP award, which is more than Joe Montana and Tom Brady combined. Just three players have ever won it more than twice. Manning will win the award at age 37, matching Rich Gannon as the oldest player to win MVP. Manning and the 36-year-old Brady are rewriting our expectations for how quarterbacks age. Manning surprisingly threw the ball deep more as the weather turned cold.

Top four

2. Philip Rivers (19)

3. Drew Brees (4)

4. Tom Brady (2) (Aaron Rodgers) (1)

Rivers and Mike McCoy made the Chargers' offense fun to watch, something that rarely happened in the Norv Turner era. ... Brees' excellent season was remarkably similar to the last two, although he was hit a lot more. ... Brady's rough first half wasn't all on his lack of weapons, but he'd have my vote for second-half MVP. (Note: That's not a real award.)... Rodgers was as outstanding as ever when he played. He would be ranked No. 2 for his time on the field, but he didn't start enough to qualify here.

Next level

5. Ben Roethlisberger (6)

6. Russell Wilson (8)

7. Andrew Luck (6)

8. Cam Newton (14)

9. Nick Foles (N/A)

10. Bears quarterbacks (15)

11. Matt Ryan (7)

12. Tony Romo (13)

Roethlisberger is throwing more than ever without losing any efficiency. He's also going to play 16 games for the first time since 2008. Why might offensive coordinator Todd Haley be on the way out again? ... Russell Wilson overcame a lot more this year than people realize, from his offensive line to a shaky receiver group. ... Luck also has dealt with a weak supporting cast, reducing his errant throws over the last month.

Despite Riverboat Ron's rep, the Panthers' offense is more conservative this year. Newton remains a difference maker, but his biggest change was to drastically cut down on his mistakes. ... Foles never looks quite as good on Game Rewind as he does in the box score. Perhaps that's why he's only 16th on Pro Football Focus' rankings despite leading the NFL in many categories: touchdowns per throw, yards per attempt, yards per completion and quarterback rating.

Based on Josh McCown's play, Bears coach Marc Trestman looks like the pre-eminent quarterback guru in the league. ... Matt Ryan really isn't much different of a player than a year ago. Football is just confusing. ... Romo's YPA fell significantly for the second consecutive year. He'll finish outside the top 10 in the category for the first time in his career.

The next level after that

13. Matthew Stafford (16)

14. Ryan Tannehill (18)

15. Colin Kaepernick (9)

16. Joe Flacco (10)

17. Alex Smith (25)

18. Andy Dalton (23)

Stafford climbed as high as No. 6 on this list during the season, and then he made me feel foolish for talking myself into believing in him. It felt like being a Lions fan. ... I have been leading Team Tannehill since day one and still see Pro Bowls in his future. ... Kaepernick wasn't quite ready to carry an offense. He remains a difficult player to figure out, ranking sixth in ESPN's QBR rating, 13th in Football Outsiders' rankings and 19th according to Pro Football Focus. This was a half-step back, before taking a few steps forward next year.

Flacco isn't nearly as bad as his stats indicate, but those stats are hideous. ... Smith's skill set transferred better outside of San Francisco than expected. ... Dalton is wildly inconsistent, which is not what you want from a quarterback with limitations. He remains the prime meridian of quarterbacks. If you are below Dalton, you are a problem.

After Dalton

19. Carson Palmer (23)

20. Eli Manning (12)

21. Robert Griffin III (11)

22. Mike Glennon (N/A)

23. Matt Cassel (N/A)

Palmer mostly threw the ball well in the second half of the season. Expect him back in Arizona in 2014. ... This was easily Eli's worst season since 2006. The good streaks weren't there enough this year. ... Forget the RGIII comparisons to Newton's career arc. Griffin is capable of an even bigger jump next season. ... Glennon was one of the year's pleasant surprises. He deserves a chance to keep starting. ... Cassel has proved to be the perfect backup or placeholder for a promising young player. (Christian Ponder is not that player.)

End of the road

24. Jason Campbell

25. Christian Ponder

26. Ryan Fitzpatrick

27. Chad Henne

28. Case Keenum

29. Kellen Clemens

30. Matt McGloin

31. Matt Schaub

32. Terrelle Pryor

33. Geno Smith

34. EJ Manuel

A lot of backups played a lot of football this season. Campbell, Fitzpatrick and Clemens probably lengthened their careers by a few years each with their competent play. ... The Jets should not hesitate to bring in competition for Smith. If Geno takes a big step next year, that's a good problem to have. ... The Bills are in a tough spot with Manuel. He missed too much playing time and didn't look remotely ready when he started.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304038/article/quarterback-index-yearend-rankings

"The Jets should not hesitate to bring in competition for SMITH"? What? If someone has to "compete" with Smith, then guess what, they are awful. It was the same thing this past year with Sanchez, if you have to compete with that guy, then you suck.

Dont bring in "competition", bring in someone who is just plain better, or draft someone who is just plain better, and give them the job.

"The Jets should not hesitate to bring in competition for SMITH"? What? If someone has to "compete" with Smith, then guess what, they are awful. It was the same thing this past year with Sanchez, if you have to compete with that guy, then you suck.

Dont bring in "competition", bring in someone who is just plain better, or draft someone who is just plain better, and give them the job.

You're right.   Any good rookie QB should be expected to dominate from week 1.   

Jet fans would have wanted each of this top 10 list cut or traded.  

1. Manning had a pretty atrocious rookie year. 

2. Rivers was pretty close to league lead in TOs last year

3. Brady was a late rd pick, never would have had a legit chance

4.  Brees was let go by SD

5.  Rodgers couldn't beat out a 38-year old fossil in favre, he must suck

the list goes on and on.    Regardless of who the Jets QB is they need more than 1 year to develop.    If Geno isn't the guy so be it but they need to give the next guy a chance to make mistakes and develop.    Sanchez had 4 years - probably 1 too many, but you can't keep making knee jerk decisions.   

the list goes on and on.    Regardless of who the Jets QB is they need more than 1 year to develop.    If Geno isn't the guy so be it but they need to give the next guy a chance to make mistakes and develop.    Sanchez had 4 years - probably 1 too many, but you can't keep making knee jerk decisions.   

I'd rather knee jerk, than do what Rex did with Sanchez, and keep throwing an epically bad QB out there every week, expecting some sort of miracle, that all of a sudden, Sanchez morph's in to Peyton or Drew.

Are we going to do that with Geno also, and hope he morph's into at least a serviceable QB, instead of the worst ranked QB in the NFL. If thats the plan, will we be right back here in 4 years wondering why we treated Geno like the USC bum?

I'd rather knee jerk, than do what Rex did with Sanchez, and keep throwing an epically bad QB out there every week, expecting some sort of miracle, that all of a sudden, Sanchez morph's in to Peyton or Drew.

Are we going to do that with Geno also, and hope he morph's into at least a serviceable QB, instead of the worst ranked QB in the NFL. If thats the plan, will we be right back here in 4 years wondering why we treated Geno like the USC bum?

If we do it will be because Idzik wants that to be so.  If anyone thinks Rex has complete control of our offseason QB moves - after the QB play we've gotten for 5 years and after he didn't have that control even this past season - that's for the conspiracy theorists to discuss.  

With few exceptions, I think most of the fan base - whatever they think of Ryan individually - wants us to bring in a QB for next year that can start from week 1.  And if Geno has exponential growth over the winter and spring and summer, and wins the job over a legitimate starter, then we all win.  But to go into the season with just Geno and Simms and like a mid/late round project rookie (or Garrard again), after the QB play we've gotten this year, is not what most are hoping to see (or that's my guess anyway).   But if it happens that will be a full 100% on Idzik.

i meant to up vote this but i down voted.  good post

Seeing Matt Mc Goin 's name where it is shows me this is a complete crock of sh*t,

useless garbage, meaningless.

Not to mention Eli as the NFL's #20 QB based on this season alone, with a heavy emphasis on the past 4 weeks.  If his last name was different he'd be in the middle or bottom of the bottom group.  He literally has not had one outstanding game all season long.  Even Geno - who has been bad even by rookie standards - has a couple of really good ones (granted they came against the likes of Atlanta and Cleveland) which is a couple more than Eli's had.  Eli's past 4 weeks the only game he had a passer rating above a C-minus range is arguably the easiest NFL team to boost one's passer rating against (Washington).  They are #32 in the league in ypa surrendered, and that's all-powerful in the eyes of the passer-rating formula.

Totally agree with you.  This list useless garbage and meaningless.

If we do it will be because Idzik wants that to be so.  If anyone thinks Rex has complete control of our offseason QB moves - after the QB play we've gotten for 5 years and after he didn't have that control even this past season - that's for the conspiracy theorists to discuss.  

With few exceptions, I think most of the fan base - whatever they think of Ryan individually - wants us to bring in a QB for next year that can start from week 1.  And if Geno has exponential growth over the winter and spring and summer, and wins the job over a legitimate starter, then we all win.  But to go into the season with just Geno and Simms and like a mid/late round project rookie (or Garrard again), after the QB play we've gotten this year, is not what most are hoping to see (or that's my guess anyway).   But if it happens that will be a full 100% on Idzik.

I agree.

But cutting bait after a season of no talent around him is as bad or even worse. Atleastwith Sanchez you absolutely knew what you had (or didn't have), cutting Geno is in fact knee-jerk and it tells you nothing about the player but everything about the front office.

But cutting bait after a season of no talent around him is as bad or even worse. Atleastwith Sanchez you absolutely knew what you had (or didn't have), cutting Geno is in fact knee-jerk and it tells you nothing about the player but everything about the front office.

Although, I have actually mentioned cutting or trading Geno, I agree that would only be if they say, brought in a CUTLER and drafted maybe a 3rd or 4th round QB.

If however, we are going to keep GENO, then by all means do anything you can to get one of the TOP QB's in this draft and have GENO as a backup, as really, thats about his ceiling in the NFL.

If the Jets do another "Sanchez" and jus assume Geno is "the man", then more than likely we will be back to another Sanchez 4 year disaster plan, as soon as next year.

Cutler isn't going to fit here even if he'd come. I'd say bring him in anyway for a year or two but he's looking to get paid and for a longterm contract. the Jets should take absolutely no part in signing Cutler for 8 years, $100 million.

How to you know that the person you're drafting is just "better"? How do you simply bring in a vet that is just "better" who can dominate from week 1? What team is simply giving up such a QB to free agency? C'mon, Alex Smith wasnt even able to hit free agency. Smith was traded for two 2nd round picks. So since competition and QB development is such a bad idea then let me ask the question again, how do you simply bring someone in who is just plain "better"? 

You know what my thought is? Jet fans simply dont want to go through the pain of developing talent. Its understandable. We also look at the cup half empty as well. No matter what anyone says about Geno, pro or con, this rookie has won 7 games with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, on offense. He's shown flashes, but he's also shown more often than not that he's a rookie with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on offense. 

We cant imagine how hard it is to be in a situation where you have to be damn near perfect on everything you do because you have no talent around you to compensate for any of your rough edges as a rookie. Granted the Jets are #6 in rushing but even with being in the top 10 in rushing at #6 they are dead last in the top 10 when it comes to rushing TD's, so its not even like the 6th best rushing attack in the game is producing the 6th best rushing TD's in the game. The Jets and their 6th best rushing attack is 23rd in rushing TD's. So like I said, this Rookie QB has won 7 games with absolutely nothing. 

Lastly, for the people who would like to compare Geno to Sanchez and say "Well, it was the defense who really won those games. Geno was simply there for the ride". Well, Geno Smith in 7 team wins has 5 "come from behind/game winning" drives. Yes.......I said 5 ( Bucs, Bills, Falcons, Pats, Browns). So for the games that this rookie certainly cost us, there are 5 games that Geno certainly won us. And the only offensive weapon that stepped up to help the kid was NICK FOLK, the damn kicker. 

How the f**k do you not try to develop a guy who out of 7 games has 5 game winning drives/come from behind wins I will never know. But one thing I do know, leave it up to Jet fans not to see the forest from the trees. Geno Smith is our QB because he's shown that he's a calm, collected, even keel QB who has the talent to play in this league. He's simply not Russel Wilson and just needs development. I believe we already have the coordinators/coaches to do so....something Sanchez NEVER had. 

Jet fans need to take a chill pill, seriously. 

How to you know that the person you're drafting is just "better"? How do you simply bring in a vet that is just "better" who can dominate from week 1? What team is simply giving up such a QB to free agency? C'mon, Alex Smith wasnt even able to hit free agency. Smith was traded for two 2nd round picks. So since competition and QB development is such a bad idea then let me ask the question again, how do you simply bring someone in who is just plain "better"? 

You know what my thought is? Jet fans simply dont want to go through the pain of developing talent. Its understandable. We also look at the cup half empty as well. No matter what anyone says about Geno, pro or con, this rookie has won 7 games with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, on offense. He's shown flashes, but he's also shown more often than not that he's a rookie with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on offense. 

We cant imagine how hard it is to be in a situation where you have to be damn near perfect on everything you do because you have no talent around you to compensate for any of your rough edges as a rookie. Granted the Jets are #6 in rushing but even with being in the top 10 in rushing at #6 they are dead last in the top 10 when it comes to rushing TD's, so its not even like the 6th best rushing attack in the game is producing the 6th best rushing TD's in the game. The Jets and their 6th best rushing attack is 23rd in rushing TD's. So like I said, this Rookie QB has won 7 games with absolutely nothing. 

Lastly, for the people who would like to compare Geno to Sanchez and say "Well, it was the defense who really won those games. Geno was simply there for the ride". Well, Geno Smith in 7 team wins has 5 "come from behind/game winning" drives. Yes.......I said 5 ( Bucs, Bills, Falcons, Pats, Browns). So for the games that this rookie certainly cost us, there are 5 games that Geno certainly won us. And the only offensive weapon that stepped up to help the kid was NICK FOLK, the damn kicker. 

How the f**k do you not try to develop a guy who out of 7 games has 5 game winning drives/come from behind wins I will never know. But one thing I do know, leave it up to Jet fans not to see the forest from the trees. Geno Smith is our QB because he's shown that he's a calm, collected, even keel QB who has the talent to play in this league. He's simply not Russel Wilson and just needs development. I believe we already have the coordinators/coaches to do so....something Sanchez NEVER had. 

Really, the simple answer is that GENO is the worst rated QB in the league, and just about anyone they sign in FA, like a McCown, by some miracle Cutler, Vick etc will better than Geno. Also, If he were in this years draft, he would go in the 3rd or 4th round, given the number of top prospects who all are probably better options than Geno.

Sorry, but when you are the worst rated QB in the League, it really isnt difficult to get better, right?

Really, the simple answer is that GENO is the worst rated QB in the league, and just about anyone they sign in FA, like a McCown, by some miracle Cutler, Vick etc will better than Geno. Also, If he were in this years draft, he would go in the 3rd or 4th round, given the number of top prospects who all are probably better options than Geno.

Sorry, but when you are the worst rated QB in the League, it really isnt difficult to get better, right?

Simple, Geno's the worst rated QB in the league with the worst offensive talent in the league by far. You name me an offense with worse offensive talent put on the field. Most of the season we didnt even know who would be the 4 WR's suiting up on Sunday. Now all of a sudden McCown is viable option? lmao. Vick just got his lunch eaten and hasnt been able to stay on the field for an entire season for like....ever! Geno would go in the 3rd or 4th round all of a sudden? Geno's first half of his final collegiate year he was in Heisman conversations, where are you even getting this crap? 

Look at guys who people think is better than Geno like Mike Glennon. Dude has some promise, but look at dudes game film. He stares down Vincent Jackson 90% of the plays. The difference is Glennon has Stephen Jackson. Guys like Matt Stafford only has a steady job because of Megatron. Stafford isnt a very good QB, he has the best damn WR in the game. Thats the truth. Geno Smith's best WR is Jeremy Kerley, and if im correct he was just rated the 106th best WR in the league going into sunday. What skillset offensive weapon do we have thats in the top 50? You tell me. If you can do that as well as name me a team that has worse skillset weapons as the Jets I will literally shut my mouth only after saying that you completely owned me on the subject. But until that day comes the people who keep harping on a rookie QB with no weapons should simply go somewhere and havaseat. 

Simple, Geno's the worst rated QB in the league with the worst offensive talent in the league by far. You name me an offense with worse offensive talent put on the field. Most of the season we didnt even know who would be the 4 WR's suiting up on Sunday. Now all of a sudden McCown is viable option? lmao. Vick just got his lunch eaten and hasnt been able to stay on the field for an entire season for like....ever! Geno would go in the 3rd or 4th round all of a sudden? Geno's first half of his final collegiate year he was in Heisman conversations, where are you even getting this crap? 

Look at guys who people think is better than Geno like Mike Glennon. Dude has some promise, but look at dudes game film. He stares down Vincent Jackson 90% of the plays. The difference is Glennon has Stephen Jackson. Guys like Matt Stafford only has a steady job because of Megatron. Stafford isnt a very good QB, he has the best damn WR in the game. Thats the truth. Geno Smith's best WR is Jeremy Kerley, and if im correct he was just rated the 106th best WR in the league going into sunday. What skillset offensive weapon do we have thats in the top 50? You tell me. If you can do that as well as name me a team that has worse skillset weapons as the Jets I will literally shut my mouth only after saying that you completely owned me on the subject. But until that day comes the people who keep harping on a rookie QB with no weapons should simply go somewhere and havaseat

"Geno would go in the 3rd or 4th round all of a sudden" " Where are you even getting this crap"? WOW, he went in the 2nd round in probably the worst QB draft in the past 25 years, and some are calling this draft easily a top 5 draft for QB's.

In fact all the following THIS YEAR would go ahead of GENO:

Bridgewater

Bortles

Manziel

Carr

McCarron

Murray

Mettenberg

and last year

Manuel

Maybe your right, with this years class, maybe he would drop to the 5th round,

"Geno would go in the 3rd or 4th round all of a sudden" " Where are you even getting this crap"? WOW, he went in the 2nd round in probably the worst QB draft in the past 25 years, and some are calling this draft easily a top 5 draft for QB's.

In fact all the following THIS YEAR would go ahead of GENO:

Bridgewater

Bortles

Manziel

Carr

McCarron

Murray

Mettenberg

and last year

Manuel

Maybe your right, with this years class, maybe he would drop to the 5th round,

Dude, the same people who are calling this class the best in the past 25 years were also the guys who missed on Russell Wilson and Nick Foles (Though our OC didnt miss on Foles). Also, hindsight is always 20/20, but in your case THAT doesnt even work because you're basically saying that every last one of these QB's mentioned will at minimum not bust. 

That in itself would make continuing this convo ridiculous on my part. Attempting to smear someone in an attempt to bypass my points of 5 game winning drives of those 7 wins with the least amount of talent in the entire league as a rookie QB means exactly that. 

I'd rather you just say you dont like him. I, as well as others could deal with that. 

Dude, the same people who are calling this class the best in the past 25 years were also the guys who missed on Russell Wilson and Nick Foles (Though our OC didnt miss on Foles). Also, hindsight is always 20/20, but in your case THAT doesnt even work because you're basically saying that every last one of these QB's mentioned will at minimum not bust. 

That in itself would make continuing this convo ridiculous on my part. Attempting to smear someone in an attempt to bypass my points of 5 game winning drives of those 7 wins with the least amount of talent in the entire league as a rookie QB means exactly that. 

I'd rather you just say you dont like him. I, as well as others could deal with that. 

No at a minimum be better than Geno.

I have said in probably half my posts that I dont like Geno,,and in fact have said, that if need be, and they got a vet FA, drafted a QB and kept Simms, that they could cut or trade Geno.

You act like I have been keeping that a secret when in just about every post I write, I rip up Geno, and the bum from USC that was he predecessor.

Sorry, I dont like Geno. OK?

No at a minimum be better than Geno.

I have said in probably half my posts that I dont like Geno,,and in fact have said, that if need be, and they got a vet FA, drafted a QB and kept Simms, that they could cut or trade Geno.

You act like I have been keeping that a secret when in just about every post I write, I rip up Geno, and the bum from USC that was he predecessor.

Sorry, I dont like Geno. OK?

Cool. 

And when you're ready to talk about the worst offensive weapons, 5 game winning drives in 7 wins, the best WR being rated the 106th best I'll be here ready to read it. 

Yes the Jets have terrible offensive talent. That includes the QB. All of the scouting reports have proven to be true. He could be good if he fixes the flaws but a few of them seem to be insurmountable. They definitely will bring in someone to compete with him. They won't give up so quickly. Don't be surprised if he's holding a clip board next season like he should have been this season.

Yes the Jets have terrible offensive talent. That includes the QB. All of the scouting reports have proven to be true. He could be good if he fixes the flaws but a few of them seem to be insurmountable. They definitely will bring in someone to compete with him. They won't give up so quickly. Don't be surprised if he's holding a clip board next season like he should have been this season.

I certainly wouldnt be surprised. I just dont get the thought process of an elite QB being the "end all/be all". That works in the mind of people, in reality you put talent on both sides of the ball, especially if you dont have that essential end all/be all type QB. The biggest addition to the offense in recent memory is Austin Howard and Chris Ivory, in regards to WR's David Nelson. Now thats just plain ridiculous. 

One thing I will say, I cant wait to see what Idzik will do with the HC position, the cap and the Draft. 

Cutler isn't going to fit here even if he'd come. I'd say bring him in anyway for a year or two but he's looking to get paid and for a longterm contract. the Jets should take absolutely no part in signing Cutler for 8 years, $100 million.

Cutler doesn't fit anywhere, he is physically good, but not a good NFL QB, he is a poor mans Tony Romo, and by that he comes up smaller In a big spot every time worse than Romo, no heart, or balls. When things go bad it's everyone else's fault, and acts like A bitch! Take away Marshall, and Forte, and he would be begging for a job, not asking for 100 million!

Cutler doesn't fit anywhere, he is physically good, but not a good NFL QB, he is a poor mans Tony Romo, and by that he comes up smaller In a big spot every time worse than Romo, no heart, or balls. When things go bad it's everyone else's fault, and acts like A bitch! Take away Marshall, and Forte, and he would be begging for a job, not asking for 100 million!

He would be the best QB the Jets have had since say Vinny, would he not? And he's probably better than Vinny in reality, would you agree?

All of what you said is pretty much spot on, but Cutler compared to what we have had to endure for so long, would be like a gift from Heaven. I would take him in  a heartbeat, just because we could finally put an end to our never ending QB search that has held this franchise back for 40 years.

Ironic

Because that has always worked out so well for us...

Because that has always worked out so well for us...

Uh Yeah, they brought in Vinny (Parcells of course) and that worked well, they brought in Favre (and until injured worked pretty well), they drafted Pennington and he had some good years.

Look, if you want to stick with Geno, and watch the second coming of Sanchez for the next 4 years, thats fine, but I expect IDZIK to find something a little better than the LAST rated QB in the NFL. WOW, I have high expectations, as heaven forbid, this franchise actually has a decent QB.

Uh Yeah, they brought in Vinny (Parcells of course) and that worked well, they brought in Favre (and until injured worked pretty well), they drafted Pennington and he had some good years.

Look, if you want to stick with Geno, and watch the second coming of Sanchez for the next 4 years, thats fine, but I expect IDZIK to find something a little better than the LAST rated QB in the NFL. WOW, I have high expectations, as heaven forbid, this franchise actually has a decent QB.

Haha.  Good one.  You know your Jets history!

They brought in Vinny to back up Foley.  The drafted Pennington to back up Vinny.  The brought in Favre and he didn't last the season.  Sounds great!

He would be the best QB the Jets have had since say Vinny, would he not? And he's probably better than Vinny in reality, would you agree?

All of what you said is pretty much spot on, but Cutler compared to what we have had to endure for so long, would be like a gift from Heaven. I would take him in a heartbeat, just because we could finally put an end to our never ending QB search that has held this franchise back for 40 years.

I agree with Zero of this, Cutler went to the playoffs once, maybe twice, and he did it on the back of the #1 defense, and the best TO causing defense in like 50 years, only to hurt his vagina because he couldn't handle the hits he was taking. Dude throws more bad balls in the NFL than anyone not named Sanchez, or G Smith. Noodle arm, Favre, Testevarde, were all better than Cutlet in a game, Cutlet is more physically gifted than Noodle arm, but can't hold Favre, or Testaverde's jock in playing QB!

I agree with Zero of this, Cutler went to the playoffs once, maybe twice, and he did it on the back of the #1 defense, and the best TO causing defense in like 50 years, only to hurt his vagina because he couldn't handle the hits he was taking. Dude throws more bad balls in the NFL than anyone not named Sanchez, or G Smith. Noodle arm, Favre, Testevarde, were all better than Cutlet in a game, Cutlet is more physically gifted than Noodle arm, but can't hold Favre, or Testaverde's jock in playing QB!

Disagree.

Ok, yes, Geno had 5 game winning drives but he wasn't that good and NEEDED to have those last minute drives to win the games. Its not like Geno was lighting up the scoreboard and finalized the game with one last good drive. Usually it was because the O sucked but Our DEFENSE kept us close enough that it afforded Geno one last shot at the game. Let's not get it twisted by saying somehow Geno won us those games...its not true. The defense gave us a shot and Geno cashed it in but he had maybe two good games all year. We NEED to bring in QBs to compete with Geno because he has sucked and if we don't have an large improvement in QB play we will have a FOURTH straight year of no playoffs. Nothing I have seen tells me the Geno is ready to be a starter in 2014. EVERYTHING I see tells me we either need to draft a QB or acquire a veteran QB. Either way, there is no way we are coddling Geno like we did with Sanchez. Its clear that the O has held this team back for 5 years and that has to end. With an average or above average O, we are contending for the division and we are probably a solid 5 seed in the playoffs. The O must be fixed and that includes the QB play. 21 INTs and 7 FUMBLES by the QB cannot happen next year. We must have a qb who puts up more TDs than Turnovers.

LL

Archived