Where would Geno go in this year's draft?

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough to judge when you consider that he's playing with the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

He improved over the course of the year. Cut down on the turnovers, the fumbles. Makes plays with his legs. He's got a lot of work to do before next season, but he'll have a leg up on most of the kids who get drafted this May just by virtue of having spent a year in the league already.

Improve teh weaponz, bring in a vet with the potential to beat him out in camp, and see what happens.

Agreed, but did he do enough to warrant someone saying that he could be #1 overall. How does finishing LAST in the league in QB ratings, and being eerily similar to his predecessor ever give anyone munition to decalre he could be the #1 overall pick? If anything he proved, why he dropped to the 2nd round last year, and why he would drop precipitously this year, given the depth in this draft at the QB position.

LOL. That translates to UDFA right?

Exactly. There is a reason someone the press kept saying may go #1 slid to the 2nd and prob would have slipped more. Geno has a good arm but he stairs down WR and only did well when they simplified stuff to the nth degree. He may as well wear #6

Exactly. There is a reason someone the press kept saying may go #1 slid to the 2nd and prob would have slipped more. Geno has a good arm but he stairs down WR and only did well when they simplified stuff to the nth degree. He may as well wear #6

Boomer wants his #7 back.

And there used to be a time where JN was the most welcoming jets messageboard. In fact that was the characteristic that brought most of us herre in the first place after getting banned from that other site. Sad.

Relax, he's knows he's acting like a knucklehead this past week, and pretty sure he's not hurt in the butt over being teased about it.

I would argue that returning his serves IS a form of being welcoming. He probably feels all important and listened to and stuff.

I have felt very welcome. Integrity28 just doesnt like me or my views, and the way I hammer away at the same issue's. Thats fine, I have no problem with that.

This is a great forum with very smart posters. I love it here.

The bold.

I'm not making it personal, not in any way at all. I'm giving you a hard time for being an illogical broken record. I do the same to many other people who exhibit the same behavior from time to time AND I expect it from others when I do it. No harm. No foul.

"Also, starting threads doesn't bloat your post count... responding to them does"

NOW I get it. You post 4 times in a 1 minute span to bloat your post count!!

Appreciate the pointers!!

Kirk, out!!

Shhhh... that was over a week ago, I think, get over it. 

In the second round.

Agreed.  I think the "more teams need QB's this year" argument holds water.  I also think that some of the consensus top guys stand to fall as they come under scrutiny leading up to April.  Derek Carr comes to mind.  Geno would possibly fall somewhere in the range of the 4th-6th ranked QB prospect, which puts him somewhere in the 2nd round.

To accurately predict with 100% CI yes, impossible, having a rough idea is pretty easy based on where you would rank Geno versus this years crop. I am not a scout, but I am sure any scout could give you an idea pretty easily..

You should have read the whole post, dingleberry.... you missed the punchline.

exactly the Raiders game. I saw a different player that week. He wasn't getting more time to throw. But he was getting it out in a reasonable amount of time. And stopped turning the ball over. Look at his numbers from the last 4 weeks it's huge

diff than the first 12 weeks. 

I reserve the right to hate Geno again, from week to week. Maybe this is who he is, a very streaky player. His senior year was also streaky as heck. 

In the raiders game he almost threw like 4 picks. Just cause the raiders corners can't catch the ball and play like sh*t, does not mean we should be hailing this guy as our starting qb, something he hasn't even earned.

I assume you mean, McCarron doesnt think he will be a great NFL QB, right?, as he has already been a great college QB.

Where did McCarron state that he doesnt think he will be a great NFL QB, because one of the knocks I have heard on him is that he has an ego, and tends to not give teammates credit, yet this self effacing comment not only disputes that, but also is weird as I dont think his agent would want him saying things that could cost him mucho dinero down the road.

My own opinion is that he is the 4th or 5th best QB in this draft behind Bridgewater,Manziel, Bortles and about even with Carr. All however are clearly better options than what we have now.

Mccarron said that he was staying for his senior season at Alabama to play with his brother and that he knows football may end after college so he is going to relish it while hes there

if the jets could get any of those 3 u mentioned tho id dig it

In the raiders game he almost threw like 4 picks. Just cause the raiders corners can't catch the ball and play like sh*t, does not mean we should be hailing this guy as our starting qb, something he hasn't even earned.

Pretty sure JetNation is unanimously on board with bringing in 2 new QB's capable of starting to compete for the job next year.  Even in the post you quoted, bitonti called Geno "streaky" and a player he reserves the right to "hate again". 

Mccarron said that he was staying for his senior season at Alabama to play with his brother and that he knows football may end after college so he is going to relish it while hes there

if the jets could get any of those 3 u mentioned tho id dig it

I agree. Didnt know he said that last year. Interesteing but I still think he is an NFL QB. Franchise, maybe not, but definitely can play at the next level.

It will most likely come down to 3 top 10 QBs in Bridgewater, Bortles and Manziel. The X factor, possible mid-late 1st round guy is probably Carr.

Bridgewater probably ends up the more prototypical, solid all around game- choice with the least amount of risk. Then...with Mariota out, Bortles takes a big leap forward as your new, super-big armed-untapped potential, Kapernick-esqu, more athlete, new wave-type guy. Then you have Manziel who's the, anyone's guess is better than mine with high to lows of epic proportions, type. 

With more QB-needy teams in this draft compared to last year, I say he ends up right around where we selected him, possibly higher. I made the late-career McNabb comparison prior to the draft and after seeing him this season and going back and watching some of his senior year games, I think the Alex Smith comparison is the most apt. Geno has a stronger arm and Alex was a bit more accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Geno eventually put together a few seasons like Alex has done recently, but with bigger play ability due to his arm. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132013/blake-bortles

NFL insider Adam Caplan notes teams are "all over the place" regarding UCF redshirt junior QB Blake Bortles' evaluation.

The "process of evaluating him going forward crucial to where he ends up," Caplan tweeted. Bortles obviously will not be a part of the Senior Bowl, so his performance at the Combine and his school's pro day appear to be of great importance. Bortles has plenty of starts under his belt, but the NFL does put the entire draft process on a bit of a pedestal.

You're telling me Geno wasn't more highly thought of than this guy? I could have sworn he was.

Archived