In all seriousness-Did a Rex extension happen?

Scott Dierking

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But are they one year deals?

Who knows, but it wouldn't particularly surprise me, especially given the folks whose contracts are expiring are hardly people to be excited over.  Of all the guys with expiring contracts, Dunbar is probably the only one who I could see really wanting to commit to and probably not having to be too concerned about having to send packing even if they end up replacing Rex next year.

In my opinion, they are holding off finalizing Rex's deal because they wanted Kotwica to leave and replace him, probably with Westhoff.  A low-ball contract was probably offered to Kotwica to encourage him to look elsewhere while still maintaining the position that he was still employed while he entertained better offers.  Now that Kotwica's gone, it would not surprise me if Rex's contract is announced in a few days.

They are taking special care with Kotwica, partially because he's been here so long, partly because he went to West Point, went on active duty and came back to coach West Point.  They had to show respect.

In my opinion, they are holding off finalizing Rex's deal because they wanted Kotwica to leave and replace him, probably with Westhoff. A low-ball contract was probably offered to Kotwica to encourage him to look elsewhere while still maintaining the position that he was still employed while he entertained better offers. Now that Kotwica's gone, it would not surprise me if Rex's contract is announced in a few days.

They are taking special care with Kotwica, partially because he's been here so long, partly because he went to West Point, went on active duty and came back to coach West Point. They had to show respect.

It's crazy how on point this is minus the whole couple days thing lol

Archived