How the Seahawks were built(and now hopefully, the Jets)

Matt39

Geno 2.0 will come with upgrades.

Lets hope so as he has to improve:

1.Accuracy

2.Not staring down receivers

3.Not holding the ball so long

4.Reading defenses

5.Not relying on the same receiver

6.Decision making

Besides avoiding fat guys butts, this sounds like the exact same thing we just went through with our past QB.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fine if you think so, but similarly speaking, it is simply your own opinion and saying "you cannot argue that point" is frankly without merit.  Obviously turnovers are hugely important and I'm not disputing that the Seahawks' superiority in that area is key.  However, I think it's fairly safe to say that a defensive player needs to have athleticism and ultimately be in position to make a play in order to stop any particular pass or run as well.  Success in getting INTs and forcing fumbles is obviously it's own skill, but that's vastly different than a lack of athleticism.  Revis, even when at his very best, never putting up any particularly staggering INT numbers, and that's even despite him getting thrown at very frequently while with the Jets based on their scheme designs.  I think it's safe to say it had nothing to do with a lack of athleticism.  It just seems a bit contradictory to state that the Seahawks' defense is superior in every possible way when the Jets 2009 defense were better in every yardage category.

Also keep in mind, those 8 additional turnovers led to a grand total of 5 less points allowed by the 2013 Seahwaks than the 2009 Jets.  While a better number, not close a significant difference for what is clearly the most important defensive statistic (and that's not even getting into the difference in points allowed that can be credited to their respective offenses).  Again, I have no problem with your opinion being that this D is better, I just can't see how they're supposedly proven to be better in every way imaginable.  Even if there is a difference either way, it's rather negigible.  The real difference between those two teams is unquestionably most significant on the offensive side of the ball, the rest is rather insignificant splitting of hairs.

Ok, well, I have neither the time to look up the facts, nor the energy, to prove that the Seahawks defense is more athletic than the Jets 2009 defense was, almost down to a man. If that's not plainly obvious for all to see, I guess we will just have to disagree sir.

Ok, well, I have neither the time to look up the facts, nor the energy, to prove that the Seahawks defense is more athletic than the Jets 2009 defense was, almost down to a man. If that's not plainly obvious for all to see, I guess we will just have to disagree sir.

Its as plain as day as far as I can tell. That backend of their defense is scary good. This is by far the best secondary I have seen since the Oakland Raiders back when Atkinson and Tatum were tearing people's heads off. Their linebackers are fast and vastly underrated, and their line gets to the QB without the need for blitzes or stunts. This defense is fast, nasty and relentless.

Peyton may still be able to beat this defense, only because he is Peyton, but that doesn't in anyway diminish how dominating and fast a defense Carroll has assembled.

"Rex doesn't stink, you guys. It's just that there were so many illusory roadblocks in his way that probably aren't there now, ok?"

"And no other coaches encounter these illusory roadblocks, ok? They win games because those illusory roadblocks are cleared for them, ok?"

Thanks. It's generally not until we get to the passive-aggressive strawman attacks that we know for sure that your alleged argument has been completely trashed.

Thanks. It's generally not until we get to the passive-aggressive strawman attacks that we know for sure that your alleged argument has been completely trashed.

I get bored pointing at the field and the results that take place on that field as evidence to counter these weird fantasy arguments based in wishes and hopes.

I get bored pointing at the field and the results that take place on that field as evidence to counter these weird fantasy arguments based in wishes and hopes.

How pissed off will you be next year when the Jets are in the playoffs?

I understand being critical, and being argumentative on message boards, but at what point does it take all the pleasure of being a fan away? I'm sure you crossed that threshold a while ago. Must suck.

I understand being critical, and being argumentative on message boards, but at what point does it take all the pleasure of being a fan away? I'm sure you crossed that threshold a while ago. Must suck.

This is the Herm Era all over again, except Rex is a more sympathetic figure because he looks like the guy that would be sitting two bar stools down from you. The Seahawks, who have been as historically moribund a franchise as the Jets have been, are in the Super Bowl and look to be title contenders for the next five years, minimum. Meanwhile, we kinda get to hope that Rex Ryan can teach Geno Smith how to play football. This is where we are as a franchise. Forgive me for not sharing in the enthusiasm.

This is the Herm Era all over again, except Rex is a more sympathetic figure because he looks like the guy that would be sitting two bar stools down from you. The Seahawks, who have been as historically moribund a franchise as the Jets have been, are in the Super Bowl and look to be title contenders for the next five years, minimum. Meanwhile, we kinda get to hope that Rex Ryan can teach Geno Smith how to play football. This is where we are as a franchise. Forgive me for not sharing in the enthusiasm.

I agree the one thing we learned this year is we don't know if we have a QB !

Like I said, I'd feel bad for him if he wasnt such filth.

How pissed off will you be if they're not?

I started rooting for this team in the early 70's. Lol. I'll be disappointed, but I don't get pissed off at the Jets anymore. It's not worth it.

That said, I expect playoffs next year. I hope they do something meaningful at the QB position, but I think they can reach the postseason with Geno if they (read: Idzik) shore up the rest of the offense. And I expect that to be done with all the money and draft picks they have at their disposal this offseason.

I expect playoffs next year. I hope they do something meaningful at the QB position, but I think they can reach the postseason with Geno if they (read: Idzik) shore up the rest of the offense. And I expect that to be done with all the money and draft picks they have at their disposal this offseason.

Uh huh. Just making sure.

Archived