Another NFL player poll to argue about- Brady wins this one

faba

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah.  This explains a lot.

UNCW Baseball beat Justin Verlander (Old Dominion University) 2 out of the 3 times we faced him.  Doesn't mean a thing these days.

It was a joke numb nuts.

JiF, where do you rank Bill Belichick as a HC all-time?  Where do you rank Tony Dungy, Jim Caldwell and John Fox?

I dont have head coaching rankings but all these dudes, sans Fox till this season, have rode the coat tails of their QB.

I dont have head coaching rankings but all these dudes, sans Fox till this season, have rode the coat tails of their QB.

That's fair.  But when 3 different HC's ride the coattails of a QB, and only ONE HC (who is universally considered an all-time great and defensive genius) rides the coattails of another, I'd say the former is more impressive.

Because you would have had Peyton Manning as your QB.

Everybody, JiF isn't trolling here. This is purely Gator homerism and his hatred of Manning because he went to Tennessee. Nothing more. 

You're an idiot.  I dont hate Manning.  He's amazing.  One of my favorite non-Jets players ever.  Awesome on and off the field.

I hate Brady with all my heart and soul.  He's literally my least favorite athlete of all time, recently surpassing Jason Taylor.  I'd still take him over Manning any day of the week. 

That's fair.  But when 3 different HC's ride the coattails of a QB, and only ONE HC (who is universally considered an all-time great and defensive genius) rides the coattails of another, I'd say the former is more impressive.

What was BB's record prior to Tom Brady?  And what was Dungy's prior to Manning? 

This is stupid BTW...but I'm board listening to a conference call I could give a **** about so I'll play.

What was BB's record prior to Tom Brady?  And what was Dungy's prior to Manning? 

This is stupid BTW...but I'm board listening to a conference call I could give a **** about so I'll play.

BB has never beaten the Gators, so there's that.

You're an idiot.  I dont hate Manning.  He's amazing.  One of my favorite non-Jets players ever.  Awesome on and off the field.

I hate Brady with all my heart and soul.  He's literally my least favorite athlete of all time, recently surpassing Jason Taylor.  I'd still take him over Manning any day of the week. 

So... you are trolling.

Carry on. 

I could have coached the Broncos to the Super Bowl this year.

That said, there is zero doubt in my mind that if Brady was the Broncos QB that they'd win the Super Bowl.  The fact Manning is involved, makes me have my doubts. 

Also, Manning never beat the Gators and that means something.

You could have coached the Texans and won a Superbowl this year. I have zero times infinity doubt about this.  Love

Brady had Welker last year and threw him under the bus when he missed a pretty crappy pass in their last Superbowl appearance.  Brady loss a Superbowl with Randy Moss.  He would not even make it to this one with the Broncos.  He only won playoff games this year because of the dominant running game they had in bad weather. 

When they needed him to win he loss.  LOVE

Sneak troll attack? 

You could have coached the Texans and won a Superbowl this year. I have zero times infinity doubt about this.  Love

Brady had Welker last year and threw him under the bus when he missed a pretty crappy pass in their last Superbowl appearance.  Brady loss a Superbowl with Randy Moss.  He would not even make it to this one with the Broncos.  He only won playoff games this year because of the dominant running game they had in bad weather. 

When they needed him to win he loss.  LOVE

THIS. 

This will be the real test. 

Brady is 0-2 in the Super Bowl with Wes Welker. If Manning wins this one with Wes Welker the argument is effectively over. 

THIS. 

This will be the real test. 

Brady is 0-2 in the Super Bowl with Wes Welker. If Manning wins this one with Wes Welker the argument is effectively over. 

Uh, the reason Brady "lost" one with Welker is that Welker DROPPED a perfectly thrown ball by Brady, that you or I could have caught. Welker makes that catch and Brady and Bellichick have 4 rings.

Got it. I now LOVE Rex. He's my all-time favorite Jets coach. Nothing but praise from me from now on.

I just think they're saying that your posting numbers are totally out of whack with your coherent posting numbers. The ratio is way off. Anything above a 7:1 grates on peoples nerves, especially when you're the busiest poster here.

I just think they're saying that your posting numbers are totally out of whack with your coherent posting numbers. The ratio is way off. Anything above a 7:1 grates on peoples nerves, especially when you're the busiest poster here.

I got the message. Really, Thanks. I will not approach the subject of our coach. And I was dead serious that I appreciated the constructive criticism. I am by no means above being criticized when it is warranted, and it certainly was warranted in this case.

Thanks again.

Welker should have made the catch- tough catch but you expect him to make it. 

I'll put it this way: If Mark Sanchez or Chad Pennington made that throw we'd be killing them for throwing too high and being inaccurate. I'm gonna kill Brady even more because he is supposed to be way better than those guys. 

The only challenge I see is you have to "reach" the Superbowl in order to be clutch in it.  Plus I would say the most clutch Superbowl play I have seen in a very long time was Eli when he dispatched the Patriots perfect season.   Personally I'm fine with Brady winning a meaningless poll.  Good for him.  I'm sure he is GRACIOUS in winning.

He is in the Bahamas with Gisele.  I am sure he is.

Archived