Jairus Byrd

Sully80

Not seeing a lot of talk about this guy on here, the Jets are in desperate need of safety help, we got a ton of money with the unloading of 3 major contracts. Not saying I love giving guys huge contracts but I think the Seahawks run proved the safety position is very valuable. Many argue that the defense we run doesn't call for a top tier safety but when we had Kerry Rhodes under Rex he was pretty productive and he helped make that pass defense elite when we went to back to back AFC championship games. Think it may be worth the money

Free Agent Safeties

1. Jairus Byrd

2. T.J. Ward

3. Antoine Bethea

4. Chris Clemons

5. Malcolm Jenkins

6. Stevie Brown

7. Major Wright

8. Nate Allen

9. Charles Woodson

10. Ryan Clark

11. James Ihedigbo

12. Bernard Pollard

13. Donte Whitner

14. Usama Young

15. Kendrick Lewis

16. Mike Adams

17. Michael Mitchell

18. Chris Crocker

19. Yeremiah Bell

20. Quintin Mikell

21. Michael Huff

22. Brandon Meriweather

23. Ryan Mundy

24. Taylor Mays

25. Ed Reed

26. Jim Leonhard

27. Husain Abdullah

28. Darrell Stuckey

29. Sergio Brown

30. Colt Anderson

31. Darian Stewart

32. Craig Steltz

33. Chris Maragos

34. Will Allen

35. Quintin Demps

36. Matt Giordano

37. Reed Doughty

38. Danny McCray

39. Kurt Coleman

40. John Wendling

We have plenty of tires to kick this off-season.  I'm confident we'll upgrade our roster. 

Byrd is a stud so there is want, but I wonder how Idzik prioritizes the position. CBs and DBs aren't a position that needs to be paid because one day the Jets will have to pay a QB. 

I dont think Rex puts a huge value on the safety position.  Its been a need since he got here and the best they've done to address it was a one year loan of a healthy Laron Landry.

I dont think Rex puts a huge value on the safety position.  Its been a need since he got here and the best they've done to address it was a one year loan of a healthy Laron Landry.

Hopefully followed by a year loan of Dawan.  Can't stand that guy. 

Archived