NBD- Ed Reed has 50 grand stolen from his car

Matt39

I shake my head and laugh every time I see someone make this statement.

Agree. Last time I checked carrying money was not against the law.

Plus, 50K  100K isnt not exactly a fortune to guys in that income bracket.

Maybe he was going to A/C to gamble,  have a real good time or something. It's his biz.

PS does this bull still have legs or is it time to buy gold again?

Maybe he was going to A/C to gamble,  have a real good time or something. It's his biz.

It's not. But let's face it, the authorities see large sums of cash, they're thinking some sort of crime or criminal intent is involved. I'm sure the cops questioned him about why he needed that amount of cash in the first place. It's what they do.

You're right, it isnt. Its just been taught that if you have cash then it must be for some criminal activity given that the transaction cant be traced like using a credit card.  Which bull are you talking about? It would be cool to hold what you currently have and put cash in another place to get gains in order to buy more gold later. 

It's not. But let's face it, the authorities see large sums of cash, they're thinking some sort of crime or criminal intent is involved. I'm sure the cops questioned him about why he needed that amount of cash in the first place. It's what they do.

True, especially if they didnt recognize who Ed Reed was. I could just imagine how that conversation went lol. 

I think you're getting me wrong. It's not against the law, I don't want it to be against the law and I would absolutely defend it in every case. More power to him.

I'm just asking, realistically, why would you be carrying that around? If he's going to AC, he can't use cards?

I'm pretty sure that cash transactions over 10K for private individuals have to be reported to the IRS - also banks have to report those types as well - so if you're dealing w/ 50k of cash in hand - I can see why it would draw attention from authorities.

I think you're getting me wrong. It's not against the law, I don't want it to be against the law and I would absolutely defend it in every case. More power to him.

I'm just asking, realistically, why would you be carrying that around? If he's going to AC, he can't use cards?

No I'm not getting you wrong. I see what you meant.

However........the scale and type of partying these guys get into don't get paid by Visa or Amex.

Ed Reed carrying around 50K is the equivalent of the average joe carrying around 1K, most of us have had that in our pockets, I once had 10K on me, do we do it all the time? No, but every once in awhile most of us have had 1K in our pocket from time to time.

Maybe he had some rookies to reimburse for their "bullied dinners" and they didn't want the IRS to know about it.

In business on a few occasions I either got or was entrusted with a serious amount of currency. Once hit a nice quarter payoff off on a Super Bowl pool. Each time I was either scared sheetless to get to the bank or to the safe in my house or to get an off duty cop to accompany me. Don't care how rich you are this story is crazy. On the other hand I've been to this bar and this story is as dumb. Heard from others they made off with over $200K-

http://nypost.com/2014/02/04/armed-thugs-steal-63000-super-bowl-pool-at-queens-bar/

Three Queens thugs didn’t need to pick the right numbers to win a $63,000 Super Bowl bar pool — they just stole the pot at gunpoint on Monday, sources said.

The masked men, all carrying silver-colored handguns, stormed Wharf Bar & Grill at 416 Beach 116th St. in Rockaway Park, and pistol-whipped two employees inside, sources said.

The gunmen made off with $63,000 in cash, authorities said.

The tavern, like countless other bars across America, ran a pool where patrons bought 100 squares of a grid, accounting for all potential scores at Sunday’s big game between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos.

Archived