Mayock's Positional Rankings in Draft.

eboozer

Some surprises are Marqise Lee ranks above Evans; Calvin Pryor ranked ahead of Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix @ Safety.

McCarron as #5 QB surprising. CJ Mosely ranked ahead of Barr @ LB.

Any other things jump out @ you gentlemen?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning on Feb. 22, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2014 NFL Draft.

Quarterback

1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

2. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M

3. Blake Bortles, Central Florida

4. Derek Carr, Fresno State

5. AJ McCarron, Alabama

Running back

1. Carlos Hyde, Ohio State

2. Jeremy Hill, LSU

3. Bishop Sankey, Washington

4. Andre Williams, Boston College

5. Tre Mason, Auburn

Wide receiver

1. Sammy Watkins, Clemson

2. Marqise Lee, USC

3. Mike Evans, Texas A&M

4. Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State

5. Jarvis Landry, LSU

Tight end

1. Eric Ebron, North Carolina

2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington

3. Jace Amaro, Texas Tech

4. Troy Niklas, Notre Dame

5. C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa

Center

1. Marcus Martin, USC

2. Weston Richburg, Colorado State

3. Travis Swanson, Arkansas

4. Bryan Stork, Florida State

5. Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma

Guard

1. David Yankey, Stanford

2. Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA

3. Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State

4. Chris Watt, Notre Dame

5. Cyril Richardson, Baylor

Offensive tackle

1. Jake Matthews, Texas A&M

2. Greg Robinson, Auburn

3. Taylor Lewan, Michigan

4. Zack Martin, Notre Dame

5. Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama

Defensive tackle

1. Louis Nix III, Notre Dame

2. Timmy Jernigan, Florida State

3. Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh

4. Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota

5. Dominique Easley, Florida

Defensive end

1. Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina

2. Kony Ealy, Missouri

3. Dee Ford, Auburn

4. Scott Crichton, Oregon State

5. Trent Murphy, Stanford

Linebacker

1. Khalil Mack, Buffalo

2. C.J. Mosley, Alabama

3. Anthony Barr, UCLA

4. Chris Borland, Wisconsin

5. Ryan Shazier, Ohio State

Cornerback

1. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State

2. Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State

3. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech

4. Jason Verrett, TCU

5. Bradley Roby, Ohio State

Safety

1. Calvin Pryor, Louisville

2. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama

3. Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State

4. Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois

5. Deone Bucannon, Washington State

What's interesting is that Mayock has Dennard and Pryor as his #1 CB and Safety, respectively. Mayock is pretty spot on about his DBs and it goes along with the buzz that both Dennard and Pryor have been getting towards the end of the season.   Granted, this is usually when Mayock says he starts really reviewing the tape, but having Pryor over Clinton-Dix is becoming pretty trendy, especially after watching Earl Thomas and Kam in the superbowl.

What's interesting is that Mayock has Dennard and Pryor as his #1 CB and Safety, respectively. Mayock is pretty spot on about his DBs and it goes along with the buzz that both Dennard and Pryor have been getting towards the end of the season.   Granted, this is usually when Mayock says he starts really reviewing the tape, but having Pryor over Clinton-Dix is becoming pretty trendy, especially after watching Earl Thomas and Kam in the superbowl.

Why is it trendy? Is it due to his size, compared to Ha-Ha?

also, surprised how far Dee Ford moved up the Draft Boards based on his Senior Bowl performance.

Why is it trendy? Is it due to his size, compared to Ha-Ha?

also, surprised how far Dee Ford moved up the Draft Boards based on his Senior Bowl performance.

Trendy as in a lot of these draft guys, like Mayocl, say this is the time of year that they are are really getting to watching the tape and when people were watching Louisville it was primarily Teddy they were talking about. He was always considered a top prospect, but as of late I'm seeing him rated about Clinton-Dix with more frequency.

Not sure why he wouldn't be number one. CJ Mosley over. Barr? Landry as his 5th receiver? Over Robinson and Cook?

Couple things I've read:

--Mosley has impressed with his ability in coverage, giving some the idea that he could play all three LB spots in a 4-3

--Ka'Deem Carey has a domestic violence charge on the record.

--Barr supposedly doesn't move well laterally, and McShay said that he essentially doesn't play as well as his size/speed would lead you to believe--not as explosive as you'd think he'd be, despite the sack totals.

--Brandin Cooks has a ton of speed, but doesn't do much after the catch statistically.

--Landry and Robinson are similar players, even though Robinson is bigger, but Landry allegedly has surreal hands.

Couple things I've read:

--Mosley has impressed with his ability in coverage, giving some the idea that he could play all three LB spots in a 4-3

--Barr supposedly doesn't move well laterally, and McShay said that he essentially doesn't play as well as his size/speed would lead you to believe--not as explosive as you'd think he'd be, despite the sack totals.

--Brandin Cooks has a ton of speed, but doesn't do much after the catch statistically.

--Landry and Robinson are similar players, even though Robinson is bigger, but Landry allegedly has surreal hands.

Good info TS....  can you see Mosley as an OLB in a 3-4? Can he bring the pressure, while setting the edge.

Couple things I've read:

Yup. If his hands touches it, its caught. 

I'm gonna guess now that the two WRs who light it up at the combine will be Cooks and Paul Richardson.

Solid names and guesses. I'm gonna stick with Sammy and Marqise Lee: both of them are just so damned athletic and explosive, I bet Lee tops out the broad jump and top 5 in high jump, I really think he's gonna beast it this weekend.

I'm hoping that a few bad 40 times(4.48 - 4.5) on a guy like Lee and a 4.6 on Evans would guarantee they are there at 18. The 40 is overrated... you can get lucky with a player who drops.

I never understood the importance of the combine. you have 2,3,4 years of tape on the player, yet said player can rise or fall due to a 10th of a second, jump an inch higher, or move around some cones a little faster. use the combine to pick a players brain. use the tape to determine the players talent level

Archived