Now I'm startin' to get pissed!!

eboozer

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Bassett thinks we were interested in most of these players because he sees blurbs on Twitter saying we're interested. The same "journalists" producing those blurbs are the ones who said that Browner was a Patriot and Pettigrew was a Jet. Everyone is lying and/or guessing.

I think he has better connections to the Jets than anyone on this board. IMO

Max is probably the exception to this.

why don't they just block you for a week. all you do is troll

He's not a troll. He's a passionate fan who disagrees with us concerning this matter. We all want the Jets to be back on top.... hope we can keep it civil, here.

Last time I checked, the dry dock period was a hell of a lot longer than 3-1/2 days. 

In other words - lighten the **** up. 

This particular ship has been docked for 45 years!

Hello?

So we did not over pay for Austin Howard and Pettigrew and the world comes to an end,

Was it ever reported that the JETS contacted Verner. I did not read that. For CB's the JETS only seem to be interested in Vontae Davis and he signed with the Colts right of the bat.

There is still lot of talent out there. And most of the players and their agents will be readjusting their expectations as this goes on. The JETS can still swing a few more players for contracts that are more in line with contributions these players would offer.

And you've given Idzik 80 hours to fix it and since he hasn't exactly what you wanted you are getting pissed?   :face:

I don't need him to do exactly what I want.... but "dipping" his toe in the water is falling far short of what I was HOPING he would do. Decker, I believe, wanted to come here(with his whole Reality Show with his smokin' Country Singer wife) so I don't know how hard Idzik had to sell him. Giacomo was a Seattle guy looking for a contract.

That's about it.... as Bassett states, I'm hoping for more.

Don't know why mentioning how disappointed I am makes me a bad Jet fan?

Do you get paid for every time you use the "face palm" emoticon? There are many more to choose from!

DRC probably isn't ready to drop his demands. he may eventually but it is early in free agency from the players' perspectives, also.

and thats a key point about FA,,as days drag on prices drop and you not only get a player but at a much cap friendly price

He's not a troll. He's a passionate fan who disagrees with us concerning this matter. We all want the Jets to be back on top.... hope we can keep it civil, here.

keep telling yourself that. dude is a trolling expert. evn when he is trying to be civil, theres always some kinda wise assish, negative twist to it. I have sat here since the start of free agency and listened to all these so called experts literally try and belittle and embarrass posters with opposing views. they should be down right embarrassed

show me where you havnt. if the shoe fits... not gfy

You're right.  The logical posts that world isn't coming to and end the past couple days -- total troll moves.  That list of Super Bowl winners and how nearly none of them won through buying FA's, total troll move.

So kindly...GFY.  I'll take my own advice and ignore the insufferable douches like yourself going forward.

I don't need him to do exactly what I want.... but "dipping" his toe in the water is falling far short of what I was HOPING he would do. Decker, I believe, wanted to come here(with his whole Reality Show with his smokin' Country Singer wife) so I don't know how hard Idzik had to sell him. Giacomo was a Seattle guy looking for a contract.

Do you get paid for every time you use the "face palm" emoticon? There are many more to choose from!

around here, if you don't lick idziks balls, you are some kind of F***ing traitor or something. these are the same jackoffs that were telling us how great tannenbone was doing, and then 3 years later , they want the freaking idiot fired. just give the moron hypocritical jet fans time and they will be strining idzik up by the same nads they are licking now.

mrsryan

and thats a key point about FA,,as days drag on prices drop and you not only get a player but at a much cap friendly price

it would be very hard in one day for both the player and his agents to admit they whiffed by rejecting the denver deal, if there indeed was one.

You're right.  The logical posts that world isn't coming to and end the past couple days -- total troll moves.  That list of Super Bowl winners and how nearly none of them won through buying FA's, total troll move.

So kindly...GFY.  I'll take my own advice and ignore the insufferable douches like yourself going forward.

wouldn't expect any less from you

You also have several other teams thinking the same thing. There comes a point where if you wait too long, or for that magical "Ebay" price to come, a smarter more savvy person steals it right from under your nose. That was the point Jetsblog was making about Idzik.

It's been three days. Pettigrew stayed with Detroit. If the Jets weren't willing to break the bank to pry him from the place where knows his role and his value is at it's highest, we weren't gonna get him. As far as we know, Verner wanted to play in Tampa. Or possibly the Jets didn't value him as highly as the Bucs did. 

You and Basset have no idea what Idzik's thinking is. 

We are only three days into a process that this year is almost 60 days long as the draft ain't until May. There are still a lot of players with roster bonuses due later this month that will be cut. 

The Jets signed the best FA WR available and got a RT who is no worse than an equal to the guy we lost for less money. 

I happen to like what Idzik's done and I like his approach. I wanted Vontae Davis but losing out on him is far from the end of the world as there are arguably better CBs still available and it is one of the deepest positions in the draft. 

:Nuts: Happy now?

around here, if you don't lick idziks balls, you are some kind of F***ing traitor or something. these are the same jackoffs that were telling us how great tannenbone was doing, and then 3 years later , they want the freaking idiot fired. just give the moron hypocritical jet fans time and they will be strining idzik up by the same nads they are licking now.

mrsryan

Classic!!

it would be very hard in one day for both the player and his agents to admit they whiffed by rejecting the denver deal, if there indeed was one.

I heard that drc didn't reject the deal and that the deal was still on the table and then the broncos took it off the table when they signed talib. I could be wrong tho

mrsryan

I love you. Post more. 

Dude. I disagree with you, but that doesn't make me an  insufferable douche "

I heard that drc didn't reject the deal and that the deal was still on the table and then the broncos took it off the table when they signed talib. I could be wrong tho

could be. either way, still hard to basically concede your market value has gone down by a substantial amount in 24 hours.

Have Idzik follow this plan, and I'll be the guy right next to all of you kissing his ass. Never hear another word from me complaining about the job he's done in FA.

I'll be content.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/3/14/5508778/free-agency-suggestions-for-john-idzik

Many people are upset with how free agency has gone for the New York Jets. I can't say it has been fantastic, but I disagree that it's been awful as many have suggested. I'm glad John Idzik is being prudent and isn't spending like Mike Tannenbaum. That said, here is how Idzik can make free agency a rousing success, in my opinion.

Sign WR James Jones, TE Zach Miller, CB Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie, and S Chris Clemons.

Jones is a decent receiver that can make big plays. Along with Eric Decker, he would make the receiving corps significantly better, and is a great stopgap while the team drafts more receiving talent. He has apparently had numerous discussions with the Jets, but isn't planning on making any visits.

Miller is still on the Seattle Seahawks roster, but he is widely expected to be cut soon. He is a much better option than Brandon Pettigrew, and would give the team a credible tight end trio, along with Jeff Cumberland and Zach Sudfeld. The Seahawks connection with Idzik makes this one especially reasonable, in my opinion.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is the best cornerback on the market. There are reports he turned down a massive contract from the Denver Broncos, but at this point, his demands simply have to go down. He would be an excellent fit in Rex Ryan's man-heavy scheme, and would be a substantial improvement on last year's secondary.

Lastly, Chris Clemons would give the team a credible free safety, something they haven't had since Kerry Rhodes. He isn't a ballhawk, but he is good in pass coverage and would pair well with Antonio Allen.

All of these moves seem reasonable to me, shouldn't cost a fortune (except maybe Rodgers-Cromartie), and woulf vastly improve the team. What are your thoughts? Who else would you like to see signed?

Oh, you mean less than three days into free agency, there are still a few players worth signing? Cool.

Oh, you mean less than three days into free agency, there are still a few players worth signing? Cool.

That's about ALL that's left!

See how accommodating I can be?

Now I really have to get back to work.

You're not an insufferable douche.  We disagree...and it's a bit annoying, but I can understand that in your shoes the people screaming at you that you're wrong is just as annoying.

Speaking of douches.. Heard a great joke that someone said Redd Foxx used to use in clubs..

" I told my wife they sell flavored douche. They have strawberry, vanilla, choclate and dozens of other flavors. 
The wife thought that it was a great idea. She replied that she would run down to the store and get some. 
She gets home and with my luck the flavor she picked was Tuna."

You're not an insufferable douche.  We disagree...and it's a bit annoying, but I can understand that in your shoes the people screaming at you that you're wrong is just as annoying.

+1

Peace Out!!

Archived