Idzik could trade for Cornerback. (Id/Rex conference call)

GREENBEAN

I'm okay trading for a CB. No thanks to DJax though.

I'm really not okay with trading for a CB. This FA market was rich at the position. There were high priced options, and moderately priced options. Idzik skipped out or missed out on all of them. All players who cost nothing but money. To come out of that empty handed, then turn around and trade a pick (or picks, or player, or both) for a CB they then have to pay is, well, inexcusable.

I'm really not okay with trading for a CB. This FA market was rich at the position. There were high priced options, and moderately priced options. Idzik skipped out or missed out on all of them. All players who cost nothing but money. To come out of that empty handed, then turn around and trade a pick (or picks, or player, or both) for a CB they

then have to pay is, well, inexcusable.

I agree but if the cost is a 4th rounder or something like that I'm okay with it. I'd rather they just take a guy in the mid rounds for depth. I grow tired of first round CBs.

Folks forget this is way he was trained,,build thru draft, make good trades sending draft picks for guys like marshaawn Lynch/harvin, and THEN when team is ready for legit SB run, THEN you spend money in FA like Sealltle did in 2013 and this year (jared Allen??) etc

I'm really not okay with trading for a CB. This FA market was rich at the position. There were high priced options, and moderately priced options. Idzik skipped out or missed out on all of them. All players who cost nothing but money. To come out of that empty handed, then turn around and trade a pick (or picks, or player, or both) for a CB they then have to pay is, well, inexcusable.

+1. but that boat has sailed. they need at least 2 more cb's and now MUST  rely on either a trade, mini draft, or draft.

I am not sure the JETS missed out on the CB market.

Who did they have as their first preference. The JETS were only interested in Vernon Davis and he signed with his team. Other than that the JETS have not been interested in any other CB.

The DRC look in was only on the 4th day of FA and that too the deal they offered him showed they did not have much confidence in his ability to play consistently at a top level.

Its not like the JETS liked 4, 5 guys and missed out on all of them.

I won't be surprised if the JETS mentality right from the start has been if we get this guy or that guy good OR else we see a  few guys available in draft that would be available when we pick and would fit the team perfectly.

Trading picks for players was dumb when Tannenbaum was doing it. What's changed?

1. Tannenbaum did it for players who needed new contracts.

2. Tannenbaum traded away way too many picks.

3. Tannenbaum wasn't left with 7+ draft picks after trading away said pick(s).

4. I want it to be better when the current guy does it.

Folks forget this is way he was trained,,build thru draft, make good trades sending draft picks for guys like marshaawn Lynch/harvin, and THEN when team is ready for legit SB run, THEN you spend money in FA like Sealltle did in 2013 and this year (jared Allen??) etc

Ironically, Seattle did spend on some and trade for some.  Except they were mostly busts.  Lynch is one of the only ones that did work out for them.

I am not sure the JETS missed out on the CB market.

Who did they have as their first preference. The JETS were only interested in Vernon Davis and he signed with his team. Other than that the JETS have not been interested in any other CB.

The DRC look in was only on the 4th day of FA and that too the deal they offered him showed they did not have much confidence in his ability to play consistently at a top level.

Its not like the JETS liked 4, 5 guys and missed out on all of them.

I won't be surprised if the JETS mentality right from the start has been if we get this guy or that guy good OR else we see a  few guys available in draft that would be available when we pick and would fit the team perfectly.

They were obviously interested in both Davis and DRC. They were rumored to be interested in Munnerlyn, who signed a very reasonable 3 year, $11.5M contract. Two former Seahawks, Browner and Thurmond, signed one year deals. Any one of those guys would've been a welcome addition, and likely a starter. Whether the Jets showed interest or not isn't the point, they completely missed a talent rich pool of talent at a position of need, much of that talent which could've been had at very reasonable prices.

They were obviously interested in both Davis and DRC. They were rumored to be interested in Munnerlyn, who signed a very reasonable 3 year, $11.5M contract. Two former Seahawks, Browner and Thurmond, signed one year deals. Any one of those guys would've been a welcome addition, and likely a starter. Whether the Jets showed interest or not isn't the point, they completely missed a talent rich pool of talent at a position of need, much of that talent which could've been had at very reasonable prices.

I think they only legitimately missed on Davis, and got hoodwinked in the process. I'm not sure why they didn't go after Verner. DRC was clearly an afterthought that they didn't really want (1yr/$6 mil offer).

I think they only legitimately missed on Davis, and got hoodwinked in the process. I'm not sure why they didn't go after Verner. DRC was clearly an afterthought that they didn't really want (1yr/$6 mil offer).

Most reports are that he fits a Tampa 2 system better and is not suited for the type of man-coverage schemes Rex runs. Who knows, as outside of the time we played them this year I never heard his name, but it would explain us not being interested. 

If they were interested in DRC not sure if they would wait so long to call him up.

Again dont think if the JETS were ever interested in Browner and Thurmond.

Those don't scratch the surface.  Those are just the ones still with the team.  

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2010/04/24/round-4-seahawks-trade-for-lendale-white/

Waived him a month later.

funny, 2010, one of GM schneiders 1st deals w/hawks was 4th round for Lendal a RB, aka, Idziks 4th round deal w/Ivory RB in beginning LOL

Archived