Jets Sign Jalen Saunders

JetNation

Yesterday the NY Jets signed another one of their draft picks, this time it was Jalen Saunders (4th Round – 104th Overall selection).

Round 4: WR Jalen Saunders, Oklahoma

As board guru 
http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/115590-which-draft-pick-was-your-favorite/?p=2489296 pointed
out, Saunders is a dynamic punt returner. That’s important. Kerley has been doing that job when healthy and that’s a terrible way to run an impact special team position like PR. The guy who runs a 90 yard return can’t be busting his rear on offense too and be expected to make a huge play. Keep that returner fresh and maybe he breaks a big play.  Some might say PR is not a “starter” position and to that I say don’t be a dummy. Saunders “starts” as a PR day one, and maybe he’s a replacement for Kerley on real offense someday over the rainbow. Or maybe he’s just an awesome punt returner and that’s fine.

"I would describe my playing style like a gorilla. I’m a savage on that field. I would say between a gorilla and a terrier, a pet dog or a terrier. They’re real small and people don’t expect too much from them. They always like to fight and always like to play around. That’s just the type of player I am. I’m real feisty."

"I would describe my playing style like a gorilla. I’m a savage on that field. I would say between a gorilla and a terrier, a pet dog or a terrier. They’re real small and people don’t expect too much from them. They always like to fight and always like to play around. That’s just the type of player I am. I’m real feisty."

A pet terrier. He brags that he's like a pet terrier. A gorilla and a terrier.

Seems just as short in the brains department as in height. Why liken yourself to a little dog before camp starts? He's going to get a camp nickname like Ginger or Fluffy or Precious. Probably Fluffy with that f*cking hair. And even worse, it might stick for the rest of his career. Or they could go the other way, and call him Curious George and write him fake hate-letters or you-suck or you just got cut letters and sign them from the man in the yellow hat.

May as well cut Curious Fluffy now. He's going to crumble under this pressure anyway. Sad, really.

A pet terrier. He brags that he's like a pet terrier. A gorilla and a terrier.

Seems just as short in the brains department as in height. Why liken yourself to a little dog before camp starts? He's going to get a camp nickname like Ginger or Fluffy or Precious. Probably Fluffy with that f*cking hair. And even worse, it might stick for the rest of his career. Or they could go the other way, and call him Curious George and write him fake hate-letters or you-suck or you just got cut letters and sign them from the man in the yellow hat.

May as well cut Curious Fluffy now. He's going to crumble under this pressure anyway. Sad, really.

Don't be sad. We're gonna be cheering him.

Besides, Incognito isn't in that locker room.

Manbearpig.

Archived