Look at it this way:

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

Just another typical fall Monday in that everyone I know is again ridiculing me and making fun of my beloved Jets.  Again, we are a joke.

My wife says to me, "since Rex took over how many times have you actually 'felt good' about the team?"  It made me think and go back and look through Rex's tenure game by game, season by season.  Here's the truth:

2009:  Started 3-0.  Lost 6 out of next 7.  Loses at home to Falcons team and he thinks we're out of playoffs.  We then beat teams that literally shut it down.  Had a great postseason run.  Enjoyed those games.

2010:  Great year all around.  Best year under Rex.  No question.

2011:  Got to 8-5; Lost out to miss playoffs.  Brutal.

2012:  Started 2-2.  Went 4-10 to close the season.  Brutal.

2013:  Got to 5-4 by beating Saints.  Lost next 3 to all but ruin the season.  Brutal.

2014:  Just lost 4th straight.  Brutal.

Since the start of the 2011 season we have played 53 games.  We have gotten blown out 13 times.  That's 25% of the games we have been non competitive.  Since 2012 we've played 37 games.  We've been blown out 11 times.  That's 30% of the games.  Almost 1 out of 3 games we get blown out.

Someone please tell me why we even argue about whether Rex should stay.  Why in the world do we put up with this?

It's almost four years of absolutely horrid football.  

We deserve to feel good about our team.  It is impossible to do so when one out of every 4 games over the course of 3 1/4 years you are getting blown out.  He needs to go away.

the talent since 2010 has been marginal offensively. Rex is partially responsible for that.

but this team shouldn't be THIS bad.

I've been on the "Rex needs to go" train since the Bears game. before that I was indifferent to whether Rex stayed or went, but they've gotten progressively worse since game 2, and games 2-4 were winnable games. I'm tired of knowing the game is over if the Jets are down by 10 points. I'm tired of the fact we still haven't mastered the timeout. I'm tired of penalties. I'm tired of never making game plan adjustments at halftime. I'm tired of having not developed an offensive player in 6 years in an offensive league. I'm tired of wondering what Sanchez/Smith would turn into with even minimal offensive coaching and focus. I'm tired of all of it.

I'd love Harbaugh, but I don't know why he'd come here. Ever.

Someone please tell me why we even argue about whether Rex should stay.  Why in the world do we put up with this?

Rex certainly will get fired. Don't worry about that.

But after that, when they stink next year, some fans will realize that the head coach was not even close to the problem with this team. 

John Fox is not a better coach than Rex Ryan. He's just got horses. Rex is scraping the bottom of the peanut butter jar, talent-wise. This roster is embarrassingly low talent. And that's not on Rex.

But after that, when they stink next year, some fans will realize that the head coach was not even close to the problem with this team.

John Fox is not a better coach than Rex Ryan. He's just got horses. Rex is scraping the bottom of the peanut butter jar, talent-wise. This roster is embarrassingly low talent. And that's not on Rex.

gotta disagree on Fox bit....he's certainly not Lombardi but he went to the Super Bowl with Jake D, and almost beat the pats who were blatantly cheating at the time...also won a playoff round with Tim Tebow ....the guys a better coach than Rex

You are out of your goddamn mind, buddy.

I made one good decision this year. Using Vick as an excuse to sit out the year watching these idiots. I saw the part of the Green Bay game with the great time out call and the first quarter yesterday.

This is a very bad team. I guess they figured why waste the $20 million of unused cap? It still would not have made much of a difference with the talent evaluators in this organization. Now they can work toward another high round pick next year to waste on another defensive back. Hey, that rookie safety sure is a hard hitter. Too bad I can run faster than him.

Sorry, not gloating. I really admire you guys who can stick it out following this team. I can't.

You should keep trying to make that point about John Fox. It's not getting repetitive at all.

The best case scenario is that Idzik is orchestrating a controlled implosion as a way to back Woody off, get rid of Rex, and have the control he wants.

that's actually what I think. Lord Idzik is force choking everyone.

2011:  Got to 8-5; Lost out to miss playoffs.  Brutal.

2012:  Started 2-2.  Went 4-10 to close the season.  Brutal.

The problem with the Jets as an organization starts with stuff like right here. The Jets collapsed in glorious fashion in 2011, Rex had no idea how to handle it or how to fix anything. Rex should have been on the hot seat right there, but instead we went into the next year where he refused to budge on Sanchez and we got sh*t like the Thanksgiving game and interchangeably using Tim Tebow. For those two years, Rex got himself into one bizarre ****up after another and could not fix any of it. That's where you fire a coach, right then and there. And yet, we held on to him for another two years. Nobody in the office knows how to evaluate anything, and they don't know when to cut your losses. 2 full seasons down the drain based on nothing but bullsh*t narrative and hope. Good organizations do not do that sh*t.

gotta disagree on Fox bit....he's certainly not Lombardi but he went to the Super Bowl with Jake D, and almost beat the pats who were blatantly cheating at the time...also won a playoff round with Tim Tebow ....the guys a better coach than Rex

Won a playoff game with Tebow? What, as if that's a bigger accomplishment than winning 4 playoff games with Mark Sanchez?

The best case scenario is that Idzik is orchestrating a controlled implosion as a way to back Woody off, get rid of Rex, and have the control he wants.

Having really only 2 players from his drafts playing does not help his cause. Idzik is a cap guy, not a personnel nor scouting guy. The Eagles made this mistake for decades. There is no trophy for cap management. You can make a mess of it, and the Jets often have, But it's only part of the job, and if your drafting blows it doesn't really matter.

Archived