Who Should Start At QB Next Week??

CobraVerde

Who Should Start At QB Next Week??  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Start At QB Next Week??

• Geno Smith
    • Michael Vick
    • Matt Simms
    • Trade before the deadline and bring in a QB
    • Trade some batsh*t crazy thing and get Johnny Manziel
    • Get Tebow

Geno.

Why, at this point, does anyone want us to win games?

We aren't making the playoffs. Do you want to keep this coach? This GM? They why the outcry for desperation moves that'll cost us down the road? Trading for Locker just straps us with Locker for the next couple years... it fixes nothing now. 

Suck it up. Take the losses. Clean house and give that #1 pick overall to people who know how to use it.

This. This. And more this.

I don't know what's so difficult about this for people to understand. The best thing for the future of this team at this point is to finish 1-15.

This. This. And more this.

I don't know what's so difficult about this for people to understand. The best thing for the future of this team at this point is to finish 1-15.

well for one I don't think Rex would necessarily be gone if this happened.............woody loves him some rex..........do you really want idzick with the number 1 pick with rex in his ear?  It would be a CB no doubt.

well for one I don't think Rex would necessarily be gone if this happened.............woody loves him some rex..........do you really want idzick with the number 1 pick with rex in his ear?  It would be a CB no doubt.

There is absolutely zero point to winning games once a season is lost, like this one clearly is. Absolutely nothing good can come of it - like how we won the last 3 out of 4 games last year to save Rex's job and continue spinning our wheels as an organization for yet another year, we would've been far better off had we just lost those games. 1-15 is out best hope for 1) the highest pick possible (hopefully Mariota), and 2) as complete a purge of the coaching staff and front office as possible. If 1-15 won't result in Rex's ouster, nothing will.

Geno.

Why, at this point, does anyone want us to win games?

We aren't making the playoffs. Do you want to keep this coach? This GM? They why the outcry for desperation moves that'll cost us down the road? Trading for Locker just straps us with Locker for the next couple years... it fixes nothing now. 

Suck it up. Take the losses. Clean house and give that #1 pick overall to people who know how to use it.

Great post. Makes total sense, which is why it will never happen.

There is absolutely zero point to winning games once a season is lost, like this one clearly is. Absolutely nothing good can come of it - like how we won the last 3 out of 4 games last year to save Rex's job and continue spinning our wheels as an organization for yet another year, we would've been far better off had we just lost those games. 1-15 is out best hope for 1) the highest pick possible (hopefully Mariota), and 2) as complete a purge of the coaching staff and front office as possible. If 1-15 won't result in Rex's ouster, nothing will.

i hear what your saying but i don't root for losses no matter what I am to competitive that being said i think we are bad enough in other areas even if vick played good it would not be enough to win games.  I think vick will still lose just not as embarrassing as geno would  have.

Anyone but Geno.  I believe it's time to move on.- he's not the future, likely won't be on the roster next year.  I honestly wouldn't be upset if they cut the guy - just to let everyone know the team has moved on.

agree, i don't really care who starts anymore. but it cannot be gneo.

I really want to see Simms at this point. Whats the worst that can happen - the Jets lose embarrassingly? They already have that covered without Simms starting.  I think the priority for the rest of the season should be to see if any QB on the Jets can play football.

simms was waived, and every team in the NFL had the chance to put him on their 53 man roster, not one did.  the entire league voted that he is not even good enough to back up.  forget about him

geno doesn't give a sh*t, is immature, curses out fans, shows up late to meetings and sucks at football, **** him

give vick a week of practice, and go all 1950's on the NFL, run vick, harvin, kerley and CJnoK in a crazy legs hirsch attack.  if the jets just move the ball and flip field position rather than giving the other team the ball at midfield every ******* possession they may actually win a game

...writer Mehta reports that Geno has lost the locker room.   looks like he is done with the Jets.  he had his chance. Jets need to move on.....

Mehta added that several Jets players have been unhappy with Smith since he missed a team meeting before New York’s game against the San Diego Chargers a few weeks ago.

Smith recently tried to blame the media for blowing stories out of proportion, but there was nothing he could say about a three-interception performance after he showed positive signs in a loss to the New England Patriots last week.

“It was just atrocious the way that I started out,” he said Sunday, via the NY Daily News. “I never expected to start a game out like that.”

Similar to the last time Smith was benched, Michael Vick wasn’t much better. He threw an interception of his own and lost two fumbles. But unlike last time, Smith reportedly will not be getting his job back next week unless the Jets’ front office forces Ryan to start him.

When discussing the potential of Smith starting next week against the Kansas City Chiefs, defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson didn’t exactly throw his support behind the former West Virginia star.

“Three turnovers in the first quarter?” Richardson said. “You know you can’t do that. If he’s the starter next week he’s the starter. If not, he’s not.”

What more can you say about a quarterback who has thrown 31 interceptions in 24 career games?

give vick a week of practice, and go all 1950's on the NFL, run vick, harvin, kerley and CJnoK in a crazy legs hirsch attack.  if the jets just move the ball and flip field position rather than giving the other team the ball at midfield every ******* possession they may actually win a game

Just for sheer entertainment purposes.  It would be kind of fun for the Jets to go throwback  Vick, Johnson, Ivory in the backfield; Harvin, Kerley, Amaro out wide...and just got straight veer option type sh*t out there.  

It would be cool considering the NFL is basically arena league now.  

...writer Mehta reports that Geno has lost the locker room.   looks like he is done with the Jets.  he had his chance. Jets need to move on.....

Mehta added that several Jets players have been unhappy with Smith since he missed a team meeting before New York’s game against the San Diego Chargers a few weeks ago.

Smith recently tried to blame the media for blowing stories out of proportion, but there was nothing he could say about a three-interception performance after he showed positive signs in a loss to the New England Patriots last week.

“It was just atrocious the way that I started out,” he said Sunday, via the NY Daily News. “I never expected to start a game out like that.”

Similar to the last time Smith was benched, Michael Vick wasn’t much better. He threw an interception of his own and lost two fumbles. But unlike last time, Smith reportedly will not be getting his job back next week unless the Jets’ front office forces Ryan to start him.

When discussing the potential of Smith starting next week against the Kansas City Chiefs, defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson didn’t exactly throw his support behind the former West Virginia star.

“Three turnovers in the first quarter?” Richardson said. “You know you can’t do that. If he’s the starter next week he’s the starter. If not, he’s not.”

What more can you say about a quarterback who has thrown 31 interceptions in 24 career games?

Richardson just said about Geno; if he dies, he dies. 

Archived