Twilight Zone - Mafia Game

Leelou

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! I was going to vote Arsis, but he's gone. I had a bad feeling about Nyn, but I shrugged it off as OMGUS. I could vote there, but not going to yet. Did 80 actually make a case? It wasn't half bad, but I feel good about Verb at this point, so I'm not going there. In short, I don't know where I want to vote today yet. 

I just skimmed the game, Nolder was ******* obvious. If JIF wasn't such a terrible arguer it would have been obvious quicker. 

When did young people become so lazy that they needed to start abbreviating "OK"?

Ping #1 = This is a hedging statement. I think she was also an early vote on Nolder, probably scum voting scum to breadcrumb scum votes in her history, while also massaging the rest of what is going on to see what takes off.

Ping #2 = She's hedging yet again on Arsis, while suggesting we shift focus to the people pushing his train, by presenting a logical fallacy that scum is pushing his train. 

You are so right. How dare I be right about Nolder and Arsis? I've been very very naughty.

I learned my lesson, honest!

You are so right. How dare I be right about Nolder and Arsis? I've been very very naughty.

I learned my lesson, honest!

A townie wouldn't defend themselves with this, because townies would realize that being right and knowing how to navigate what was going on at the time is a luxury afforded to the scum team. 

I rest my case.

A townie wouldn't defend themselves with this, because townies would realize that being right and knowing how to navigate what was going on at the time is a luxury afforded to the scum team. 

I rest my case.

Ah uh. And how many times have you played with me when I rolled town?  Because the word on the street is I always have something to say.

Wow! I was going to vote Arsis, but he's gone. I had a bad feeling about Nyn, but I shrugged it off as OMGUS. I could vote there, but not going to yet. Did 80 actually make a case? It wasn't half bad, but I feel good about Verb at this point, so I'm not going there. In short, I don't know where I want to vote today yet. 

Pretty sure we all kinda know where you're gonna end up voting today.  :winking0001:

Does Lily always sound this artificial? Haven't played with her in a while.

Ah uh. And how many times have you played with me when I rolled town?  Because the word on the street is I always have something to say.

You "buddied up" to Arsis saying he seemed town, with no real logic for saying so other than "feeling", and then proceeded to make a second statement that left the door open to you voting him. This is a scum tell, no matter who says it. It has nothing to do with you or your tells, so this line of defense is absolute garbage.

They are quite real, I assure you.

All I remember about you is that you tried the bravado bit here, didn't like the backlash and quit on the game as a result. So yeah, 100% false bravado. 

Pretty sure we all kinda know where you're gonna end up voting today.  :winking0001:

Does Lily always sound this artificial? Haven't played with her in a while.

Yes, she often does sound artificial. Lily sounds scummy no matter what, but over the years of playing with her I've found there are a couple things she can sometimes slip on as scum, and that's when it becomes obvious. The rest of the time, Lily's presence in a game is a complete wifom where you constantly ask yourself "can she really be this scummy and not be scum?" Kudos to her, that is great meta to have.

You "buddied up" to Arsis saying he seemed town, with no real logic for saying so other than "feeling", and then proceeded to make a second statement that left the door open to you voting him. 

I didn't need a door open to vote him. I voted him first  xD

Where did I buddy Arsis?  I don't even.... lol

All I remember about you is that you tried the bravado bit here, didn't like the backlash and quit on the game as a result. So yeah, 100% false bravado. 

I as making a joke about my boobs. In case you're wondering, you ruined it. Heh.

Yes, she often does sound artificial. Lily sounds scummy no matter what, but over the years of playing with her I've found there are a couple things she can sometimes slip on as scum, and that's when it becomes obvious. The rest of the time, Lily's presence in a game is a complete wifom where you constantly ask yourself "can she really be this scummy and not be scum?" Kudos to her, that is great meta to have.

Okay

I didn't need a door open to vote him. I voted him first  xD

Where did I buddy Arsis?  I don't even.... lol

Seriously?

What doesn't seem logical exactly? Arsis loves rolling scum. Hates rolling town. If he doesn't care he's usually town. It's how I read him and it served me well in past games. 

Everything you say after asking what doesn't seem logical, isn't logical. It is heuristic and I don't care, because I can't confirm any of it. What I can confirm is that scum typically rides the fence, and that's what you were doing with Arsis - you declared he's probably town, but then hedged, and left the door open to you going back to him with your vote.

So, while you moved your vote to Nolder, you didn't have an actual focus on Nolder. When he started getting heat, given how easy a lynch he is, scum probably flocked to voting him just in case he ate it. That's what I always do with Nolder when I've been scum mates with him.

It's easy to perceive this as you voting Nolder, but trying to work situations with other players to see what sticks with you interactions with Lily and Arsis.

I don't understand.

I started Nolder's train. Reinforced my vote by agreeing with JiF And yet you're ignoring all the last voters on his train that piled on when it was evident he was gonna be the lynch of the day... and instead you're FoSing me? Dress it how you like but you're basically tunneling me for reasons that don't make sense.

You're saying I was buddying Arsis but at the same time leaving wiggle room to vote him? based on what? lol you're making this up as you go along?

I said I thought his posts were okay. I didnt vote him on D1 at any point. Nor on D2 when he gained some votes I still went with the direction I planned to as stated on D1 which was Lily. So I'm missing the part where I was setting up the path to vote him... considering I could have game his train a nudge on more than one occasion but never did.

So thus far we have...

Emo Nolderp meltdown

JiF vs Arsis battle D1?

Emo Arsis meltdown (or something?)

and now we're all performing in Return to the Planet of the Apes, staring...the Ape.

We just need the gratuitous "Is Ape dead yet?" post from CTM whenever he gets back from the Phish concert and this game is GOLD

I don't understand.

I started Nolder's train. Reinforced my vote by agreeing with JiF And yet you're ignoring all the last voters on his train that piled on when it was evident he was gonna be the lynch of the day... and instead you're FoSing me? Dress it how you like but you're basically tunneling me for reasons that don't make sense.

You're saying I was buddying Arsis but at the same time leaving wiggle room to vote him? based on what? lol you're making this up as you go along?

I said I thought his posts were okay. I didnt vote him on D1 at any point. Nor on D2 when he gained some votes I still went with the direction I planned to as stated on D1 which was Lily. So I'm missing the part where I was setting up the path to vote him... considering I could have game his train a nudge on more than one occasion but never did.

"Scum hedges, you hedged" and "I don't need meta to know universal scum tells" = these are actually reasons that make perfect sense, they are logic-driven. You using meta to defend yourself is what doesn't make sense.

Bold = Based on the statement you made, that I quoted, when I explained it very clearly at the time of voting you.

Last paragraph = I don't care if you are missing it, I'm not interesting in convincing you that you are scum. I've explained my case, I trust the instinct read. I'm not going to crater on it further re-explaining it to you. If I am wrong, it will lead me to scum regardless, this is my D1. I'm rusty, I've got some catching up to do.

Archived