Revis making excuses

Klecko73isGod

Very tempted to bet you that Revis ends up with more playoff wins with the Jets than the Patriots when he leaves for the highest bidder in 2 years but I think you guys are going to the Super Bowl...so that kind of trumps his 4 playoff wins when Rex created Revis.

That's a sucker bet.

Jets- backing into the playoffs as the 6th seed=more playoff game opportunities.

Pats- Always winning the AFCE and the 1st or 2nd seed=less playoff game opportunities.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know you, and i know you can handle yourself here, but why are you even bothering to reply to this thread? You already know the deal...just enjoy their pain and laugh at them...it's fun!

This is why PatsfanTX is PatsfanTX.

Pretty sure there is a salary cap in football. That makes every player accountable for their play, subject to what they are being paid.

I am not commenting on Revis' play, but ore so why someone would comment on his play in relation to salary. It is a very worthy perspective. Evaluating performance vs salary.

And, as much as this player worries about salary, it is even more worthy of introspection 

at the bold yes if you are a gm, player or team, since we are "small potatoes" in this event of discussing it, what is the point. again No athlete in that perceptive is ever really worth the money they get, or play completely up to their salary in the eyes of a FAN, and some fans we know have agendas when trying to bring this up. 

it's a moot point cause it's never gonna change when the salary cap keeps going up in all sports and fans can not sympathies on a athletes level nor can an athlete sympathies on a fans level.

at the bold yes if you are a gm, player or team, since we are "small potatoes" in this event of discussing it, what is the point. again No athlete in that perceptive is ever really worth the money they get, or play completely up to their salary in the eyes of a FAN, we know fans have agendas. 

The point is simpler than that. By overpaying relative to his value, a team would be robbing itself of talent (theoretically, in the form of the $ they're able to spend on talent) at other positions.  It has nothing to do with whether it's worth this money compared to society at large. 

It's not as much of a problem for NE because Brady took a team-friendly deal below his market value. If you have a Brady with just under a $15M cap number (and not merely as one down year of his deal), and his value is over $20M, then they can overpay a Revis by $2-3M and still have change left over.

A team like the Jets do not have that now and did not have that when we let him go. We had Revis in his true prime. While he certainly helped - a LOT - we weren't contenders or not contenders just because of him.

And in the end, a shutdown corner getting paid like a QB shouldn't be giving up a 50-yard game winning TD in the 2nd half. Never, ever, ever.

at the bold yes if you are a gm, player or team, since we are "small potatoes" in this event of discussing it, what is the point. again No athlete in that perceptive is ever really worth the money they get, or play completely up to their salary in the eyes of a FAN, and some fans we know have agendas when trying to bring this up. 

it's a moot point cause it's never gonna change when the salary cap keeps going up in all sports and fans can not sympathies on a athletes level nor can an athlete sympathies on a fans level.

Is this English?

There isn't a single player in the NFL more concerned with the size of their paycheck than Darrelle Revis. Therefore it is extremely valid to discuss his performance in relation to his salary. Especially in a sport that has a salary cap and a team's ability to improve their personnel is very much dependent on all of their players being paid according to their relative value. 

Sorry if this concept is too difficult for you to grasp, but it is reality. 

The point is simpler than that. By overpaying relative to his value, a team would be robbing itself of talent (theoretically, in the form of the $ they're able to spend on talent) at other positions.  It has nothing to do with whether it's worth this money compared to society at large. 

It's not as much of a problem for NE because Brady took a team-friendly deal below his market value. If you have a Brady with just under a $15M cap number (and not merely as one down year of his deal), and his value is over $20M, then they can overpay a Revis by $2-3M and still have change left over.

A team like the Jets do not have that now and did not have that when we let him go. We had Revis in his true prime. While he certainly helped - a LOT - we weren't contenders or not contenders just because of him.

And in the end, a shutdown corner getting paid like a QB shouldn't be giving up a 50-yard game winning TD in the 2nd half. Never, ever, ever.

Shut down d.thomas, b.tate, a.j. green and J.nelson got off one good one other then that Rodgers had to use his number 3 and 4 wide outs..as I said the pats aren't complaining..While A.Talib is injured.

If Revis gets on the open market next yr I won't be surprised if he gets paid more..

this thread is like when a girl breaks up with you and you try to convince everyone that will listen that you didn't think she was hot to begin with

No. It's not like that at all. 

Especially since I had the same gripe about Revis when he played for the Jets.

He is an outstanding football player. He is arguably the best to ever play his position (when you consider the rules of this era I don't think anyone else really has a claim) That being said, whenever he gives up a big  play, and while there have been very few, they have still happened, he has some kind of excuse - the other guy pushed off, my hamstring popped... etc. 

Someone should explain to Revis that being great doesn't mean you are superhuman. It's OK if you get beat once in a while.

No. It's not like that at all. 

Especially since I had the same gripe about Revis when he played for the Jets.

He is an outstanding football player. He is arguably the best to ever play his position (when you consider the rules of this era I don't think anyone else really has a claim) That being said, whenever he gives up a big  play, and while there have been very few, they have still happened, he has some kind of excuse - the other guy pushed off, my hamstring popped... etc. 

Someone should explain to Revis that being great doesn't mean you are superhuman. It's OK if you get beat once in a while.

ok fine you're exempt. but my comment applies to other other 7.125 billion inhabitants of earth, and any other alien races that can intercept our broadcasts. feel better?

Shut down d.thomas, b.tate, a.j. green and J.nelson got off one good one other then that Rodgers had to use his number 3 and 4 wide outs..as I said the pats aren't complaining..While A.Talib is injured.

If Revis gets on the open market next yr I won't be surprised if he gets paid more..

Pats aren't complaining because, among other reasons, they're getting Brady for $8M below his market value. JMO.

i dont know you, and i know you can handle yourself here, but why are you even bothering to reply to this thread? You already know the deal...just enjoy their pain and laugh at them...it's fun!

Good to know that you need us to brighten your pathetic life skippy.

That's  Fun.

You lost me at sympathies.

Archived