Christmas Mafia - Game Over - Town Wins!

Nolder

ever think we're looking for reaction you idiot ...or are you the only player that does that ?

Of course I think it.

Pro-tip: The best way to maximize the value of being prodded, to learn things of my own, and to widen the aperture of reactions beyond 2 players, is to authentically play into it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Doggin slightly contradicts himself then posts some crap about me being convinced there are two scum teams which was and outright lie 

ape comes in the game skimming his ass off and posting gibberish and he wants to vote me up to see how I react ?

heres my reaction Ape is scum and got caught not paying attention to detail and so Is Doggin .... I'm not sure townies act like this especially these two.

Lily I'm not sure policy lynch is a good move at this point for Idiot Lizzie

When I'm scum, I don't miss details, therefore I don't get "caught" not paying attention to them. 

As town, I rarely ever read the rules, and almost always breeze past details. Why? Because eventually some scummy dimwit is going to try to use it as a case against me, and then it makes scum hunting easier.

Sorry for my lack of participation, but I just got done saying how much I hate no-traditional weird mechanic type games and Nolly signed me up anyway.

So, kill me?

To be honest I feel this way too.  Doggins game was cool but I miss normal mafia.  I don;t mind fancy games with interesting twist but this tweeking of mechanics kinda makes it less about mafia and more about figuring out the game. 

I would like to mention that people should TELL US before we sign up and get roles before they let us know they are doing something off the wall.  I would have not signed up or played this game. 

To be honest I feel this way too.  Doggins game was cool but I miss normal mafia.  I don;t mind fancy games with interesting twist but this tweeking of mechanics kinda makes it less about mafia and more about figuring out the game. 

I would like to mention that people should TELL US before we sign up and get roles before they let us know they are doing something off the wall.  I would have not signed up or played this game. 

In Nolder's defense, I thought he made it clear he was doing something experimental. Also, we're all signed-up, we're here, might as well follow-through. This mechanic may not last beyond D1, who knows.

In Nolder's defense, I thought he made it clear he was doing something experimental. Also, we're all signed-up, we're here, might as well follow-through. This mechanic may not last beyond D1, who knows.

He may have.  I must have missed it.  I just got an email and he said Christmas mafia.  Its fine.  I appreciate anyone that mods.  Was just looking forward to a game we can actually play mafia and not try and figure out mechanics.  Seeing who is on trains and voting patterns are a big part of the game. 

He may have.  I must have missed it.  I just got an email and he said Christmas mafia.  Its fine.  I appreciate anyone that mods.  Was just looking forward to a game we can actually play mafia and not try and figure out mechanics.  Seeing who is on trains and voting patterns are a big part of the game. 

I agree, let's let it play out.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been in the mood for more traditional mafia myself.

That said though I wanted to do a kind of silly no pressure game after Injustice and I thought I made that clear.

Although I absolutely don't blame anyone who missed that since I did sign up half the game on my own.

Like if you think of the last game as Star Wars this was supposed to be Space Balls.

I was trying a few things out but mainly it was just supposed to be an excuse to hang out some more and have some fun through the holidays.

I didn't want to do traditional because some people (like myself) go tryhard mode with those games while others don't, especially when stuff is going on such as Christmas and they're strapped for time. 

The game was supposed to be a backdrop for us just hanging out and playing at playing mafia but I guess it's getting in the way for some people.

Dunno what to say except sorry, I didn't think it would be this bad. Which is part of the problem, I didn't really think this through I just put it together because I thought it wouldn't matter too much.

I'm getting a lot of complaints both on thread and in private.

I've already made some alterations to the game already which I think might make things a little better but if it's still not enough I guess I can make big changes which would include getting rid of anonymous voting entirely. I don't want to have a game where people aren't having fun. That's just dumb. So uhh I guess if there's enough people who feel this way I'll make it happen and change things up. If that is what you would like please PM me. I wont be offended or anything I just wanted us all to have fun and if that's not happening I want to fix it.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been in the mood for more traditional mafia myself.

That said though I wanted to do a kind of silly no pressure game after Injustice and I thought I made that clear.

Like if you think of the last game as Star Wars this was supposed to be Space Balls.

I was trying a few things out but mainly it was just supposed to be an excuse to hang out some more and have some fun through the holidays.

I didn't want to do traditional because some people (like myself) go tryhard mode with those games while others don't, especially when stuff is going on such as Christmas and they're strapped for time.

The game was supposed to be a backdrop for us just hanging out and playing at playing mafia that but I guess it's getting in the way for some people.

Dunno what to say except sorry, I didn't think it would be this bad. Which is part of the problem, I didn't really think this through I just put it together because I thought it wouldn't matter too much.

I've already made some alterations to the game already which I think might make things a little better but if it's still not enough I guess I can make big changes which would include getting rid of anonymous voting entirely. I don't want to have a game where people aren't having fun. That's just dumb. So uhh I guess if there's enough people who feel this way I'll make it happen and change things up. If that is what you would like please PM me. I wont be offended or anything I just wanted us all to have fun and if that's not happening I want to fix it.

I have no complaints. Thank you for modding. This game allows people like Ape to play even more assanine and reckless than normal but we will figure it out.

heh I was going to add you to the low post list but I think you had some decent things to say early on

that being said

since Im 5/8 in votes

I'll go ahead and reveal I'm the Oracle I choose one player at night and when I die town gets their alignment.

Im going to start using Capitol Letters and colors so the stupid Ape can comprehend easier,

Capitol

stupid Ape

You can't make this sh*t up. 

Although I absolutely don't blame anyone who missed that since I did sign up half the game on my own.

The game was supposed to be a backdrop for us just hanging out and playing at playing mafia but I guess it's getting in the way for some people.

Let it ride out.  I appreciate you starting the game and I will see it through.  Didnt want to be a whiny bitch about but I know how much you hate inactives and wanted to at least let you know why I wasnt full on Batman mode.

Just shot you btw peace

I have no complaints. Thank you for modding. This game allows people like Ape to play even more assanine and reckless than normal but we will figure it out.

people like Ape to play even more assanine and reckless

Again, can't make this sh*t up. 

The problem isn't the game, or the mechanics, or the holidays... the problem is the 3 most active non-Apes are Smash, 80 and Lizzie.

That's like the Bermuda triangle of ******* moron.

Dont apologize dude.  I 100% understand and appreciate that.  Just let it play it out man. 

heh I was going to add you to the low post list but I think you had some decent things to say early on

that being said

since Im 5/8 in votes

I'll go ahead and reveal I'm the Oracle I choose one player at night and when I die town gets their alignment.

Im going to start using Capitol Letters and colors so the stupid Ape can comprehend easier,

When you die we get the alignment of any players you've visited, dead or alive?  And its just alignment, not role or both?

Holy hell man.  Do you even read or think about anything you say or do?  What would you call coming out and shooting someone early day 1 before a lot of people even posted? 

a backdrop for us just hanging out

So, my brother who has told us for the past 3 months he's staying in NY for Christmas just thew us a curveball and wants us all to head up north to my parents new place for Christmas. It's easy enough for us, but kind of lame considering I have a 5 day weekend attached to Christmas, but he wants to do this the weekend before, so I have to take vacation time to accommodate.

My sister and her husband had to shift all of their plans as well. I'm glad we'll be together, but that guy everyone has in their family that thinks they have more on their plate than anyone else, and that everyone should bend to their schedule happens to be my brother. The one with the least responsibilities out of us all.

So... Cards Against Humanity, Poker, Woodford Reserve and Harpoon Winter Warmer are the games and drinks queued up. Movies: Christmas Vacation, Elf, March of teh Wooden Soldiers (awesome mafia theme idea), and many others are packed, and I'm building a huge playlist of original classic Christmas songs on spotify...  

Holy hell man.  Do you even read or think about anything you say or do?  What would you call coming out and shooting someone early day 1 before a lot of people even posted? 

lol, you know you are a complete derp when Crusher has to shift out of Crusher persona and starts sounding like a school teacher. 

that being said

since Im 5/8 in votes

I believe this claim.  Mainly because I don't think Smash could have made up a creative role like that  :superman:

So, my brother who has told us for the past 3 months he's staying in NY for Christmas just thew us a curveball and wants us all to head up north to my parents new place for Christmas. It's easy enough for us, but kind of lame considering I have a 5 day weekend attached to Christmas, but he wants to do this the weekend before, so I have to take vacation time to accommodate.

My sister and her husband had to shift all of their plans as well. I'm glad we'll be together, but that guy everyone has in their family that thinks they have more on their plate than anyone else, and that everyone should bend to their schedule happens to be my brother. The one with the least responsibilities out of us all.

So... Cards Against Humanity, Poker, Woodford Reserve and Harpoon Winter Warmer are the games and drinks queued up. Movies: Christmas Vacation, Elf, March of teh Wooden Soldiers (awesome mafia theme idea), and many others are packed, and I'm building a huge playlist of original classic Christmas songs on spotify...  

Woodford Reserve is a very nice sipping bourbon.  This kidn of sh*t is annoying until everyone gets together.  Once you get there you will have a great time and glad you did.  it's gotta be like that in every family.

Cause of my divorce I can;t go to my parents for Christmas.  My ex wife insist on splitting up the Christmas eve and Christmas day.  So I got to stay in virginia until after Christmas.  We are going up to my parents on the 29th to stay till the 3rd.  Works out nice because I get to be there for my birthday on the 31st and go out with my family that night.  Then I get to lay my fat ass on my mothers sofa and watch all the college football with my Dad and my sons. 

When I'm scum, I don't miss details, therefore I don't get "caught" not paying attention to them. 

As town, I rarely ever read the rules, and almost always breeze past details. Why? Because eventually some scummy dimwit is going to try to use it as a case against me, and then it makes scum hunting easier.

Um - this.  

Elf was the sh*ttiest Will Ferrell movie ever made. And that's saying something.

Watch this instead.

12012035_f260.jpg

Woodford Reserve is a very nice sipping bourbon.  This kidn of sh*t is annoying until everyone gets together.  Once you get there you will have a great time and glad you did.  it's gotta be like that in every family.

Cause of my divorce I can;t go to my parents for Christmas.  My ex wife insist on splitting up the Christmas eve and Christmas day.  So I got to stay in virginia until after Christmas.  We are going up to my parents on the 29th to stay till the 3rd.  Works out nice because I get to be there for my birthday on the 31st and go out with my family that night.  Then I get to lay my fat ass on my mothers sofa and watch all the college football with my Dad and my sons. 

Glad it works out for you but still sucks in how it takes your choice away. Reminds me of what's going on with my friend.

Looks like he's only going to get to see his daughter for 3 hours on Christmas because his ex enjoys being petty and vindictive.

Merry ******* Christmas I guess.

So I'm not going to lie, I havent read a single post in this thread once I realized there was another funky mechanic.  I'm glad I didnt though.  lulza

Doggin is scum vote doggin

GRC:GFY

Example 1: I used this same joke on the very next page.  This was like one of the first posts too.  

So since scum can hide votes on townies we should be looking out for super quick trains I guess?

Early ping

First Jax dies now this. 

This is why I'm glad I didnt read the thread.  I've been traveling and just watched it.  I thought it was a great way to wrap it up.  Father like son.

You know, I'm just saying, if I was someone that cares about spoilers I'd flip my sh*t right now.

:blowup:   I would have felt the same way.

So I'm not going to lie, I havent read a single post in this thread once I realized there was another funky mechanic.  I'm glad I didnt though.  lulza

Example 1: I used this same joke on the very next page.  This was like one of the first posts too.  

Early ping

This is why I'm glad I didnt read the thread.  I've been traveling and just watched it.  I thought it was a great way to wrap it up.  Father like son.

:blowup:   I would have felt the same way.

Yes.  the ending was epic and very well done.  Jax lived as the man and died as the man.  Sorry.  Look at the time stamp.  I was drunk and distraught when I typed that.

Oh man. I'm a dick.

I chuckled. 

He sounds kinda artificial. His reaction to the voting mechanic and his joke imitation of Des seemed a bit fake. I also didn't like that post where he said he'll make it easy and dropped a vote on Ape to get him going. 

Not much to go by at this point, but his posts are prolly my least favorite so far.

I think you sound artificial.

You've got to be kidding me.

You aren't a dick, you are just the worst ******* mafia player I've ever seen... and I've seen some really, really bad ******* players.

Wut? Really? 

You make me want to hate you.

Unreal.

Also, this mechanic sucks, can't ******* scum hunt, can't see what's going on, it's such a huge detriment to town to not be able to analyze maneuvers and to not have a voting record to hold people accountable for as the game progresses... not sure how it's even possible to balance t his.

Then again, it's a Nolder game, balance was the last thing I expected to be right.

Mock outrage?

Wants pro-townie points ^^^^

Thought the same thing.

Let's get Smash to like 4-5 votes. I want to see what he does.

I found this weird.

Smash vs. Doggin was interesting know what we know know or at least think we know. I feel like Doggin is acting extra townie.  Nyn too.

LK vs. 80 was like nails on a chalkboard. I could kill 80.  He likes to act like a tough guy when he's scum.

Crusher was on fire yesterday and saved that catch up from a blow my brains out level of derp.

Archived