Christmas Mafia - Game Over - Town Wins!

Nolder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of derp setup... you all know that while Nolder asked us to PM our votes to him, the towniest thing to do would be what I've been doing which is to say on thread who you just voted or unvoted. There's absolutely nothing anti-town about being accountable for the votes you cast. It's actually a pretty simple way to work around the oddball mechanic. Not sure why there are theories about the amount of scum teams and the threat of L-4 - L1, but nobody is suggesting the simplest path: vote transparency.

I have voted Verbal, then 80, for those not paying attention.

I made it clear I was skimming a long time ago. 

already pointed this out to you earlier why bring it up again ...its obvious Nolder does not want us voting or claiming who we vote in thread so why do you keep pushing ?

already pointed this out to you earlier why bring it up again ...its obvious Nolder does not want us voting or claiming who we vote in thread so why do you keep pushing ?

What did you point out? I only remember you saying I was skimming, not sure in what context you meant it.

wtf are you sighing about  ? You don't even know the mechanics of the game ...skim and then have the nerve to sigh at those actually discussing something productive ?

Join Doggin on the FOS list

All I've had time for is skimming, and the sigh has nothing to do with that. The *sigh* is because the notion of playing the game out in fear of being 4 votes from lynch the whole way is ******* ridiculous. You are ridiculous.

Also, the notion that I didn't read Nolder's rules = me scum is absurd. You're asserting that I've pushed talking aobut who we vote more than once, in some sort of suspect manner, if I were scum I'd hope my team would have stifled me - only some idiot like Darthe would try to use something like that as a 'scum play' of some sort.

The fact that you're hurling FOS at me for it seems odd, almost opportunist. 

All I've had time for is skimming, and the sigh has nothing to do with that. The *sigh* is because the notion of playing the game out in fear of being 4 votes from lynch the whole way is ******* ridiculous. You are ridiculous.

It is what it is man I didn't make the rules Im just trying to figure out a good way to proceed. if someone gets up to five votes don't you think it would then make sense for scum to pounce ? yeah I think people should claim at 5 votes

Also, the notion that I didn't read Nolder's rules = me scum is absurd. You're asserting that I've pushed talking aobut who we vote more than once, in some sort of suspect manner, if I were scum I'd hope my team would have stifled me - only some idiot like Darthe would try to use something like that as a 'scum play' of some sort.

Nolders rules are not the only reason I pegged you as scum .

It is what it is man I didn't make the rules Im just trying to figure out a good way to proceed. if someone gets up to five votes don't you think it would then make sense for scum to pounce ? yeah I think people should claim at 5 votes

Whatever.

Nolders rules are not the only reason I pegged you as scum .

Oh, the other reason must be because you are excellent at being wrong.

Speaking of derp setup... you all know that while Nolder asked us to PM our votes to him, the towniest thing to do would be what I've been doing which is to say on thread who you just voted or unvoted. There's absolutely nothing anti-town about being accountable for the votes you cast. It's actually a pretty simple way to work around the oddball mechanic. Not sure why there are theories about the amount of scum teams and the threat of L-4 - L1, but nobody is suggesting the simplest path: vote transparency.

I have voted Verbal, then 80, for those not paying attention.

Well, yes, I suppose.

But post D1 I'm only going to give maybe one or two warnings then there will be modkills handed out.

No. It's disrespectful to the people putting in more effort than me, you goon.

So you admit to skimming then yell at everyone for 1.  Thinking you might be scum and 2.  Call everyone idiots for trying to figure out how to play with mechanics we've never seen before.  Amazing.

You're the most active player every game no matter the circumstances. Yet being suspicious of you for not paying attention is "false meta".  I don't expect you'll see how that kind of defense will keep my vote on you.

So you admit to skimming then yell at everyone for 1.  Thinking you might be scum and 2.  Call everyone idiots for trying to figure out how to play with mechanics we've never seen before.  Amazing.

You're the most active player every game no matter the circumstances. Yet being suspicious of you for not paying attention is "false meta".  I don't expect you'll see how that kind of defense will keep my vote on you.

I'm not yelling at everyone. 

I'm pointing out that both you and Smash have tried to parlay my skimming Nolder's rules into FOS on me. Not reading the rules isn't a scum tell. It's a null tell, and it's something I admittedly do all the time. I have no issue with you guys slapping my wrist for doing it, but to use it as an opportunity to try and get me lynched reeks.

Lost in the scuttle of 80 and Smash lecturing about rule reading, is the fact that I've broadcast loud and clear some of the most pro-town posts of the game. I know that doesn't make me town, yada yada, I point that out because here are two jackholes blatantly ignoring my town sentiment in favor of using my skimming as a sh*t reason to take me out. Opportunism is usually a scum tell, so they tell me.

Think on that.

Lost in the scuttle of 80 and Smash lecturing about rule reading, is the fact that I've broadcast loud and clear some of the most pro-town posts of the game. I know that doesn't make me town, yada yada, I point that out because here are two jackholes blatantly ignoring my town sentiment in favor of using my skimming as a sh*t reason to take me out. Opportunism is usually a scum tell, so they tell me.

You also ripped Doggin for trying to be overly townie. 

It's not opportunism.  I pretty much think you're town every single game because I suck at reading you through your walls of posts.  This game I don't think you're town.  I could well be wrong.  But until another shiny object surfaces I like my vote.

It's not opportunism.  I pretty much think you're town every single game because I suck at reading you through your walls of posts.  This game I don't think you're town.  I could well be wrong.  But until another shiny object surfaces I like my vote.

You accused me of yelling at people for thinking I'm scum (Dan would tell you this is my number 1 town tell) and for trying to figure out mechanics. Now, since I pointed out that being an exaggeration, you're shifting to accusing me of yelling at Doggin for trying to sound too townie.

1. How is this new narrative tied to the one you started off with?

2. How is pointing out someone pinging me for trying to sound too townie a bad thing?

3. How is "you skimmed, you yelled at people" which is an absolute null tell, being parlayed into ".... this makes you scum" NOT an opportunistic play?

Good.  Now give us your scum list please.

I'm not ready to. I gave you my guess-list, that'll have to be good enough.

There's not enough meat on this game to unveil what my true FOS is just yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to teasing out sloppy scum moves without the mechanic of people casing and voting. It's not like I can use GBtA as a lure, or trap cases, the best I can do is make myself an easy mark and see who and how people come after lynching me.

One of you or Smash is probably scum, I'd say. Everyone else is treating this game like it's on DM.

How about the next game we  use google images...we make the Cop unkillable but with a post restriction that he can only provide his results using pics and we all have to vote from there...kind of an advanced game of mafia dixit style.

Good night all.

Hahaha I'm down for that.

It's not opportunism. I pretty much think you're town every single game because I suck at reading you through your walls of posts. This game I don't think you're town. I could well be wrong. But until another shiny object surfaces I like my vote.

You're casing Ape for 1: calling Doggin a super townie and 2: skimming.

This is your main shiny object?

What about the time that I shot Hess, claimed vig, and you adamantly pushed to lunch me? That's not worse?

There is very little in gameplay yet and you are easily the dirtiest. You could be accused here of deflecting attention to an easier candidate to mask your scummy behavior so far.

I think you're scum.

You're casing Ape for 1: calling Doggin a super townie and 2: skimming.

This is your main shiny object?

What about the time that I shot Hess, claimed vig, and you adamantly pushed to lunch me? That's not worse?

There is very little in gameplay yet and you are easily the dirtiest. You could be accused here of deflecting attention to an easier candidate to mask your scummy behavior so far.

I think you're scum.

So far, I see 80 pushing lynches on two townies... you and me. 

Again, I think 80 is trying to work some sort of bomb bluff play into this, hoping he can come off as so blatantly scum that we'll assume he's trying to get lynched, and as such we won't lynch him.

We're 14 pages in and 80 is pushing hard for an actual case on a player, after casing me 10 pages ago? Cmon town get your head out of your ass.

The fact that 80 is pretending to have a case at all is why he should be lynched, for the record. Not to mention the substantial amount of hedging he's doing, by basically pushing my lynch for crap case reasons, and insulating his push against me by reminding us all he can't read me.

Archived