Christmas Mafia - Game Over - Town Wins!

Nolder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shut up and listen. Explain to use about your ability to kill. Only day? Do you have to shoot everyday>? Can you shoot everyday? Obviously you cannot handle this on your own so you should allow us to help you. If not you should die today. Plain and simple.

I had a single, totally discretionary, shot.

Why kill the Lizard when we can keep him around to smack when we're feeling blue?

Instead...I say we punch him in the face, refer Nol to rule 14 and let me show Verb a magic trick.

Pretty reasonable.  but still want to kill him just cause.  I won't though, not yet.  Going back to Doggin. 

unvote vote doggin

Liz, can you explain something? Lady game, you went on a days long rant about how vigs were anti town and had to die. This game, as a vig (u claim), you shoot on the thinnest of pretexts. Why the discrepancy?

What's bad about this post you're making is that I didn't go on a days long rant on how vigs are bad. I said that in our particular situation, with a compulsive vig, and since he was at a kill ratio of 60% town, and we had untraditional mechanics such as that the vig role could have been aligned with scum as easily as town; and that at the height of my argument that scum was probably 1/3 of the room remaining; that it made more sense to take him out instead of having a bunch of clueless townies direct his shooting.

Also I took the pain to distinguish between a single and multi shot vig and how the point I was making was based purely on his multi shot capability, unique game mechanics, and horrible track record.

I don't see how that applie here to be honest. If anything, according to convention wisdom, I should not have a single vote on me. Do you subscribe to what others have said is standard play?

What's bad about this post you're making is that I didn't go on a days long rant on how vigs are bad. I said that in our particular situation, with a compulsive vig, and since he was at a kill ratio of 60% town, and we had untraditional mechanics such as that the vig role could have been aligned with scum as easily as town; and that at the height of my argument that scum was probably 1/3 of the room remaining; that it made more sense to take him out instead of having a bunch of clueless townies direct his shooting.

Also I took the pain to distinguish between a single and multi shot vig and how the point I was making was based purely on his multi shot capability, unique game mechanics, and horrible track record.

I don't see how that applie here to be honest. If anything, according to convention wisdom, I should not have a single vote on me. Do you subscribe to what others have said is standard play?

I didn't correct you last game because....well because I didn't want to encourage your crazy ramblings....

But my town kill ratio was 100%.

Six to one, half dozen you're a retard.

You shooting Hess was dumb.  You may be scum with a day kill for all we know.  I may put my vote on you again just because you said you shouldn;t have one. 

What are your thoughts on Doggin?  And why so confident with those 4?

I don't have thoughts on Doggin... and I'm not confident at all, it's quite obvious I'm just taking a stab in the dark early on for sh*ts and giggles... why would you posture like this meant more than that?

I don't have thoughts on Doggin... and I'm not confident at all, it's quite obvious I'm just taking a stab in the dark early on for sh*ts and giggles... why would you posture like this meant more than that?

1.  You never don't have thoughts on a particular player.  Especially in a game this small.

2.  Of course you take stabs in the dark but they usually have purpose.  You usually have some semblance of a case for your many FOS's.  Especilly since we're past the point of D1 lulz now that there's been a death.

Welcome to the scum list, Ape.

Wouldn't be a Nolder game if a one-shot day vig didn't hipfire a town power role on D1.  Lizzie lynch would be terrible btw.  80 looks the worst wrt that given that he's actually using risk-averse logic.  Since when was town 80 risk averse?

I told people to lynch me.  They haven't yet.  Crusher yelled at me so I'm gonna try to play.  What are your thoughts on Doggin and Ape?

1. You never don't have thoughts on a particular player. Especially in a game this small.

2. Of course you take stabs in the dark but they usually have purpose. You usually have some semblance of a case for your many FOS's. Especilly since we're past the point of D1 lulz now that there's been a death.

Welcome to the scum list, Ape.

My god you reek.

In that it's something creative rather than simply rolling out the standard mafia mechanics.  But I don't think it'll end up playing out very well as a practical matter, especially if we can't require players to call their votes.

True enough I guess.  Not thrilled about this reaction but it could still easily be town.

I agree with others who say this mechanic is hugely anti-town as it makes the game more polemical/political than analytical.  Then again, given your profession, you might find that interesting xD  That being said, it strikes me as the kind of setup in which a scum Kiv could dominate the town like you did in that game Lily referenced recently.  I don't want to end up raging post game in all caps again >.<

True enough I guess.  Not thrilled about this reaction but it could still easily be town.

I agree with others who say this mechanic is hugely anti-town as it makes the game more polemical/political than analytical.  Then again, given your profession, you might find that interesting xD  That being said, it strikes me as the kind of setup in which a scum Kiv could dominate the town like you did in that game Lily referenced recently.  I don't want to end up raging post game in all caps again >.<

Yes.  Which makes me kind of pissed to be a townie this game.  What do I do as a townie?  Drive conversation, watch votes, analyze interactions.  (Yeah, I do that as scum, too, but not for the same reason).

Can't actually do any of that right now.

LK could have some sort of scum sniper role and be banking on town writing him of as derptown, but I don't find that as likely as him actually being derptown.  It would also be a potentially monumental waste of a scum shot.

Agreed.  I just have no idea how he went from "AVM IS ANTI TOWN, LYNCH HIM" to hipshooting D1 - especially if he's claiming 1shot (which I missed).

Aaaand ... I have literally nothing else to sink my teeth into.

Archived