Amaro and Pryor make Kiper's all-rookie team

Barkus

Pryor has 36 tackles, not 60. You're adding in the assists.  36 tackles for a full time starting safety is awful.

from Warfish's post:  

Dix. (Source:  http://www.pro-footb.../C/ClinHa00.htm)

16 Games Played, 10 Starts. 1 INT, 1 Fumble Rec., 1.0 Sacks, 66 Tackles, 28 Assists, 6 Passes Defensed

Pryor (Source:  http://www.pro-footb.../P/PryoCa00.htm)

15 Games, 15 Starts, 0 INT, 0 Fumble Recs, 0.5 Sacks, 36 Tackles, 25 Assists, 2 Passes Defensed 

F Dix. Terrible name, terrible nickname. Scared of contact. With that said, Pryor sucks too.

Pussy.

lockettestep-gif.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is it so hard to give him some benefit of the doubt? even the toughest of football evaluators Bill Parcells was willing to give rookies 3 years...Jets fans will probably boo Pryor game 1 next season.

I'm hoping he develops into something.  With a new coaching staff, that seems more likely, than if Rex hung around.  

Benefit of the doubt?  For a 1st round pick who sucked and looked lost all season long?  Bad coaching perhaps.  We'll see if there is some improvement next year.  I hated the pick when we made it and hate it even more now.  Idzik ruined what could have been an excellent draft for us.  It will take a couple of years to catch up.

One grows tired of watching him take the wrong angles all the time and whiffing on so many tackles.  Hope he comes around.  As of now, he is not even close to what a 1st round pick should be producing after 15 starts.  

I'm hoping he develops into something.  With a new coaching staff, that seems more likely, than if Rex hung around.  

Benefit of the doubt?  For a 1st round pick who sucked and looked lost all season long?  Bad coaching perhaps.  We'll see if there is some improvement next year.  I hated the pick when we made it and hate it even more now.  Idzik ruined what could have been an excellent draft for us.  It will take a couple of years to catch up.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i am not judging a kid on his rookie year after he had to play with some of the worst corners in NFL history (as a unit)

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i am not judging a kid on his rookie year after he had to play with some of the worst corners in NFL history (as a unit)

um, having terrible corners hardly explains why Pryor whiffed on so many tackles and seems to always take the wrong angle.      

um, having terrible corners hardly explains why Pryor whiffed on so many tackles and seems to always take the wrong angle.      

How many times did you see him square up on a guy and whiff on a tackle? the way the whole unit played, he had very few opportunities to get a clean hit on anyone...mostly because he was trying to tackle out of position when the CB's got beat like they stole something.

I dont think he had an exceptional or even good rookie year, but he did fairly considering the unit he was on.

Can't wait to see him in his natural position. STRONG SAFETY.

Pretty sure he played Free Safety in college, but I agree his skills translate better to Strong Safety in the NFL.

I think Amaro will end up being a solid TE......I'm just hoping once the game slows down for him that Pryor will turn out to be a very good safety. He took some horrible angles this year. I remember he had a nice forced fumble in the Cinncy preseason game.....but regular season all I remember are a few tackles for loss or at line of scrimmage (1 against NE?) And that dropped pick in the Oakland game where he was in perfect position for a pick 6.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived