Jets getting set to interview Jim Mora Jr.

T0mShane

Because Jets consultant Charley Casserly apparently cannot use the internet, the Jets reached out to UCLA head coach Jim Mora Jr. to express interest in interviewing Mora for their head coach opening. But contrary to an internet report, there is no interview planned.

Casserly, along with fellow former NFL executive Ron Wolf, is assisting Jets owner Woody Johnson in the search for the Jets' head coach and general manager. Casserly began contacting prospective coaches and GMsbefore Rex Ryan and John Idzik were fired on Dec. 29. NJ Advance Media reported that Ryan had learned of this on Dec. 26 and began clearing out his office that night, two days before the Jets' final game.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports later reported that Ryan found that out because someone from the Jets had called Ryan's agent to inquire about other coaches. And the New York Daily News eventually found out the person who made that call was Casserly, and that Casserly was looking for details on Mora's buyout at UCLA, never mind that such information can be found by doing this.

Whatever became of any interest the Jets had in Mora, it never reached the point in which the two sides agreed to sit down for an interview. Which means a report—I'm not linking to it—that Mora "will be in New York either today or tomorrow to interview" isn't true.

Mora has coached in the NFL before. He went 26-22 in three seasons with the Falcons from 2004-06, including a trip to the NFC title game in '04. He then went 5-11 in one season with the Seahawks in 2009. After working in broadcasting, Mora took over at UCLA, where he's gone 29-11 with a pair of bowl wins in three seasons.

For a complete list of the Jets' confirmed head coach and GM candidates, click here.

Again, only the Jets would be linked to this. So Casserly calls the same agent two days before the final game. You can't make this sh*t up!

Because Jets consultant Charley Casserly apparently cannot use the internet,

Nice choice Woody Johnson 

So some idiot reporter 'looks up the details' of Mora's buyout on the internetz, and decides Casserly's a clown without internetz skills.  Like a competent guy's not gonna check out the legal aspects with lawyers and all.

I swear, some of you guys eat right out of these guys hands.

So some idiot reporter 'looks up the details' of Mora's buyout on the internetz, and decides Casserly's a clown without internetz skills.  Like a competent guy's not gonna check out the legal aspects with lawyers and all.

You're right Casserly's fling cards are just as good as the internet does he own a cell phone or still uses a land line as well.

So some idiot reporter 'looks up the details' of Mora's buyout on the internetz, and decides Casserly's a clown without internetz skills. Like a competent guy's not gonna check out the legal aspects with lawyers and all.

Yes why bother calling an agent or conducting an interview when you can just google someone .

These rumors are literally proof that the East Coast has know idea about what is going on

in the sports world.  Mora has turned UCLA around since Rick the Dick ran the

program into the ground.  Mora has said he is completely happy there and was given a contract

extension.  Why would he leave for the Jets?

Marrone also has Sexton for an agent and Gase just recently hired him...ya know...I'm starting to think too many of these coaching candidates have the same agent...

After the beating that Sexton just gave Buffalo, I'm surprised every coach in the league isn't signing up

Archived