Ryan mallet will beat out Geno next year............

johnnyjet

If by chance the chips fall as projected. But then again there are 28-30 other backups that would beat out Geno. I for one would love to take a flyer on Ryan Mallet or any other unproven free agent QB with a pulse.

Well you saved me from digging up Johnny U..

I am not really a stats guy but this post bothers me enough that I had to go look ''

Geno Smith in 2013:

Comp% : 55.8

TDs : 12

INTs : 21

QBR : 66.5

Geno Smith in 2014:

Comp % : 59.7

TDs : 13

INTs : 13

QBR : 77.5

Now I watched the games and I realized just how terrible Geno Smith played. I also take into consideration that fact that this kid should never have been given the starting job his 1st year in the NFL coming from the college program he did and having to learn the WCO.

When I look at those stats, I see improvement across the board at every level. Now I realize this kid has played bad, but why is it so difficult to believe that this kid can get better when the stats say that he has.

I am not really a stats guy but this post bothers me enough that I had to go look ''

Geno Smith in 2013:

Geno Smith in 2014:

Now I watched the games and I realized just how terrible Geno Smith played. I also take into consideration that fact that this kid should never have been given the starting job his 1st year in the NFL coming from the college program he did and having to learn the WCO.

When I look at those stats, I see improvement across the board at every level. Now I realize this kid has played bad, but why is it so difficult to believe that this kid can get better when the stats say that he has.

He is better, it's just he's never going to be an NFL Q .B he's got the tools but he's head just can't do it. I just watched a Q.B who could hardly walk destroy Dallas. I'd like to have a franchise QB play for the Jets in my life.

Geno Smith in 2013:

Geno Smith in 2014:

Because In his second full year im just not satisfied with "ok"

I didn't see any flashes of greatness this year. If anything you could argue that he had the most inspiring play in year 1. He hit a couple more completions but still being under 60% it's nothing inspiring. Is rather see the ability to win the big game which he showed his rookie season. Kind of a Rex trend now that I think about it.

He is better, it's just he's never going to be an NFL Q .B he's got the tools but he's head just can't do it. I just watched a Q.B who could hardly walk destroy Dallas. I'd like to have a franchise QB play for the Jets in my life.

What exactly is it that makes you so certain this kid will never be what he already is ?

He may never be a good NFL QB, but he's already an NFL QB . IMM, that makes you already wrong.

Because In his second full year im just not satisfied with "ok"

I didn't see any flashes of greatness this year. If anything you could argue that he had the most inspiring play in year 1. He hit a couple more completions but still being under 60% it's nothing inspiring. Is rather see the ability to win the big game which he showed his rookie season. Kind of a Rex trend now that I think about it.

I don't want to become a Geno Smith apologist, but if I remember correctly, this kid was the QB when the Jets were up 21-0 against a team heading to the NFC Championship game. 2 of his best games of the year were against another team playing in the AFC Championship game.

The kid had no right playing his rookie yr, and his 2nd year was an improvement over his 1st. Maybe he will continue to be terrible and never be a decent backup QB, but to say the kid is not an NFL QB or will never be a success doesn't make much sense.

Maybe I am missing something .

I don't want to become a Geno Smith apologist, but if I remember correctly, this kid was the QB when the Jets were up 21-0 against a team heading to the NFC Championship game. 2 of his best games of the year were against another team playing in the AFC Championship game.

The kid had no right playing his rookie yr, and his 2nd year was an improvement over his 1st. Maybe he will continue to be terrible and never be a decent backup QB, but to say the kid is not an NFL QB or will never be a success doesn't make much sense.

Especially when most QBs peak in their late 20's

every jets fan if Geno is QB next year:    wL6RFmC.png

Probably so at the start of the yr, but if the Jets go 8-8 and that kid is still the QB with a New OC and new offense, I think fans will come around. Think about how fans used to view Tony Romo and how they do now.

Who's the better manning QB ?

Archie

Peyton

Eli.

I don't want to become a Geno Smith apologist, but if I remember correctly, this kid was the QB when the Jets were up 21-0 against a team heading to the NFC Championship game. 2 of his best games of the year were against another team playing in the AFC Championship game.The kid had no right playing his rookie yr, and his 2nd year was an improvement over his 1st. Maybe he will continue to be terrible and never be a decent backup QB, but to say the kid is not an NFL QB or will never be a success doesn't make much sense.Maybe I am missing something .

".."........and he cost us those games because he sucks!

Probably so at the start of the yr, but if the Jets go 8-8 and that kid is still the QB with a New OC and new offense, I think fans will come around. Think about how fans used to view Tony Romo and how they do now.

Who's the better manning QB ?

Archie

Peyton

Eli.

Romo made the Pro Bowl the first 2 years he started and he was a UDFA not a 2nd rd pick..

Romo made the Pro Bowl the first 2 years he started and he was a UDFA not a 2nd rd pick..

How many years and behind how many QBs did Romo sit before he was given his shot. The fact that Geno smith was a 2nd round draft pick doesn't mean he should start for an NFL team running the WCO. The kid didn't even know how to take a snap from under center when he left WVU.

How was he expected to learn the nuances of the WCO in 1 off season when much better QBs than him have stated it takes 3 yrs to even begin to understand it.

I think I finally realize why most Jet fans didn't like Paul Hackett.

I know Geno sucks because I watched the buffalo game.

If the new GM likes mallet then I am all for it.

Fair enough. I couldn't explain it either. What I would like to know is if he was actually hurt or was it an excuse when the Jets dressed Matt Simms for that 1 game. The way Geno threw the ball in that Bills game, made me think he was injured.

Atleast I hope he was. Kid was awful.

How many years and behind how many QBs did Romo sit before he was given his shot. The fact that Geno smith was a 2nd round draft pick doesn't mean he should start for an NFL team running the WCO. The kid didn't even know how to take a snap from under center when he left WVU.

How was he expected to learn the nuances of the WCO in 1 off season when much better QBs than him have stated it takes 3 yrs to even begin to understand it.

I think I finally realize why most Jet fans didn't like Paul Hackett.

I don't think Wilson,Brady,Big Ben and others felt that way.. Romo sat for 2 years because the Tuna had Vinny and Bledsoe..

Would you say that Geno Smith walked into the same type of team that those men walked into ? Would you say that any of those men ran the type of gimic offense in College that Geno Smith ran ?

Russell Wilson beat out Matt Flynn

Mark Sanchez had geno Smith beat until our crack coaching staff threw him to the wolves. You know I never like Sanchez.

Geno Smith was not ready for the NFL, and he's proving it.

Would you say that Geno Smith walked into the same type of team that those men walked into ? Would you say that any of those men ran the type of gimic offense in College that Geno Smith ran ?

Russell Wilson beat out Matt Flynn

Mark Sanchez had geno Smith beat until our crack coaching staff threw him to the wolves. You know I never like Sanchez.

Geno Smith was not ready for the NFL, and he's proving it.

Amen we agree on that.. I have a friend that's a big WV fan and he said Geno was up and down his whole career there.. We shall see he does seem to have a live arm..

Here's the problem. He's not good enough now to warrant startinf another season and if you move him down the depth chart then he can never be the starting QB here anyway. Just more careless qb development from Rex.

If by chance the chips fall as projected. But then again there are 28-30 other backups that would beat out Geno. I for one would love to take a flyer on Ryan Mallet or any other unproven free agent QB with a pulse.

No he's terrible and Im pretty sure he smokes meth or takes Zoloft.

Geno would beat out Mallet in his sleep

Here's the problem. He's not good enough now to warrant startinf another season and if you move him down the depth chart then he can never be the starting QB here anyway. Just more careless qb development from Rex.

Look I could careless what happens to Geno Smith as an NFL QB. All I know is the kid is 24 yrs old, has the tools to be successful and the Jets have no QB on the roster worth a darn. Last yr I said the Jets should try to resign Mark Sanchez after he was released and I never liked Sanchez as a QB. When you have no QB, even a young bad one with experience is better than an old one or none at all.

We need to draft a QB with potential, but we also need a young veteran and a younger QB with experience . All you need to know about Matt Simms is he got beat out at Tennessee by a kid whose coaches and team mates couldn't stand him.

Start with Geno, bring in a player like Chase Daniels and draft a player like Sean Mannion.

Archived