Dunbar Heads List of Departing Assistants

JetNation

IMG_6372 (3)

As expected, several of Rex Ryan’s assistants with the Jets have opted to head to Western New York to join Ryan with the Bills.

The departure that is most likely to irk Jets fans will be that of defensive line coach Karl Dunbar. Dunbar has extensive experience in the position and is widely regarded as one of the best in the business based on his years not only in New York, but in Minnesota where he regularly led one of the top lines in the NFL.

According to the Buffalo Bills’ web site, also joining Ryan will be defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman, LB’s coach Bobby April, DB coach Tim McDonald, TE coach Tony Sparano, Assistant DL coach Jeff Weeks, special teams assistant Eric Smith, and strength and conditioning coach Jason Oszvart.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
6xkRJEWCDaI

View the full article

What are the Bills thinking? 

Shouldn't a prerequisite of hiring have been "You might want to bring in some other assistants/coordinators." 

They're literally installing a 4-12 team's entire staff. 18-30 past 3 season. 

What are the Bills thinking? 

Shouldn't a prerequisite of hiring have been "You might want to bring in some other assistants/coordinators." 

They're literally installing a 4-12 team's entire staff. 18-30 past 3 season. 

yea but it wasn't just your average 4-12 team..it was the best damn 4-12 team in NFL history.

I am not a big Dunbar booster. Do I think he's a "good" coach? Yes

But as someone else posted, these are not 6th round picks he coached up. These coaches/players all want the nice easy unaccountable Rex life as a coach or a player. I would have had more respect for them if they left and didn't go to Buffalo. And I agree as others have said, Take Lal and Lee please!!! THEY STINK!!!

yea but it wasn't just your average 4-12 team..it was the best damn 4-12 team in NFL history.

And most of these assistants were in a defense ranked #6 in the league in despite of allen and walls at cb and pryor and landry at safety. They did ok with the players brought in by the ultra paranoia imbecile idzik.

Archived