Andrew Luck

Villain The Foe

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flacco is the anti-Peyton.  Can be dreadful in the regular season, fantastic in the playoffs.

This doesn't make him a top 5 QB.  He's the type to cost his team playoff appearances and division titles. 

Funny, because in his career Flacco's only missed the playoffs once. If being fantastic in the regular season and dreadful in the post season can grant you consideration as a top 5 candidate then Flacco being so good in the playoffs should also be considered. Flacco is an above average QB in the regular season and has become Elite in the playoffs. 

Joe flacco...eli manning top 5 QBs...you guys are nuts.

People talking about top 5 QBs and not one guy mentions Brees

Also why is Rodgers number 1? By your logic, surely his pathetic playoff "choke" record means he is worse than flacco and eli?

Rodgers is #1 to me, but I think amongst the fan base whether he's #1 or not by each individual, more often than not Rodgers would be in the top 3...he's just number 1 in my book. 

Tom Brady can be argued to being #1, Drew Brees can also get that consideration. It really depends on what individuals value more when making these decisions. Also, I've never seen Rodgers choke in the playoffs. He certainly didnt choke last night. 

You're right on Drew Brees though. He's better than both Peyton/Eli Manning and Flacco and I'd put him in the top 5. For some reason you tend to over look him. Not on purpose, he just doesnt come to mind like that. His team just isn't a consistent playoff team. I also like Phillip Rivers, but the fact that the chargers are either missing the playoffs or barely making it with an early departure plays a part in my personal rating. 

Funny, because in his career Flacco's only missed the playoffs once. If being fantastic in the regular season and dreadful in the post season can grant you consideration as a top 5 candidate then Flacco being so good in the playoffs should also be considered. Flacco is an above average QB in the regular season and has become Elite in the playoffs. 

Since coming into the league, these have been his DVOA ranks each season:

2008:  22nd

2009:  17th

2010:  15th

2011:  18th

2012:  17th

2013:  35th

2014:  8th

AVG:  15th

That's about an average QB right there, not a top 5 or even top 10 QB.  Even in his best year this season he still found himself on the outside looking in when it came to the "elite" group.

In 2013 he was terrible and this year he was solid.  If he builds on his '14 performance we can come back to the table and discuss him as a top 5 QB.  If he regresses back to his mean, nope.

Since coming into the league, these have been his DVOA ranks each season:

2008:  22nd

2009:  17th

2010:  15th

2011:  18th

2012:  17th

2013:  35th

2014:  8th

AVG:  15th

That's about an average QB right there, not a top 5 or even top 10 QB.  Even in his best year this season he still found himself on the outside looking in when it came to the "elite" group.

He's still an elite QB in the playoffs the past couple appearances and in the past few years Flacco has become more than just a average QB. 

That's coming from a guy who used to think that Flacco sucked. The guy is a baller. 

Well no sh*t. Luck had nothing around him. Some scrub group of running backs, worthless old fart receivers like Nicks and Wayne. Doesn't have the elite protection that Tom does. No defensive front on the other side. I said the Patriots would win and they did, and they are the better team at present. It has nothing to do with Tom vs Luck, one team is much better equipped to win in post-season than the other.

I was talking specifically about the AFC, don't know why Wilson comes into the discussion.

Flacco is not a better QB than Andrew Luck.

Brady might be top dog, but he is 38. Peyton is finished. Other than Brady or Roethlisberger, who does Luck have to contend with in future seasons? Andy Dalton.

He's not there yet but hopefully it's baby Arod - Derek Carr that's competing with Luck for top dog in the Afc.

Why would anyone want to criticize Luck? He's been absolutely outstanding. He did well enough to get his team (with a crappy defense and no RB) to the conference championship game, but honestly, he really impressed me last year in the post season.

Best young QB to come along in over a decade.

Archived