Welcome To Football Hell

SoFlaJets

I mean does it or CAN it ever get any worse than this? I thought that we had reached Dante's 9th circle of the inferno a few years ago when the Giants were playing the Pats in the Bowl (for the second time) but then we were spared from the final gate when the Giant's won . So here we are 3 years from the 8th ring of Hades only to see our Jets fandom toppling down to the very last fiery ring.  

So.....the Jets lose 12 games, both to the Pats, and on some bad calls (as usual) helped them. Not only that, but while our biggest rival found to be cheating (AGAIN), and caught if not RED, then at least pink-handed and is penalized with, oh wait, that's right, they haven't been penalized nor will they ever BE. While our team the lowly Jets go through a season with the franchises' absolute worst GM in it's 50 year history, a guy who helped pull off the teams worst draft, and all this just a year after rewarding an 8-8 head coach, with a new contract AND A GATORADE BATH to his cheering players by an idiot owner. To his credit though this time at least, said idiot owner comes to his senses and fires both inept leaders. So then what happens? no, no Super Bowl yet, first we have to go through the obligatory press conference to announce the moves and some wise acre beat reporter tricks Woody into  a tampering charge that absolutely DELIGHTS the Patriot fans so much so that we have an onslaught of trolls not seen since the Pennington-Brady wars of the early aughts. But then just as the Pats fans already drunk with Championship wine have one more gift from the owner and scumbag head coach who I'm willing to bet told his boss to "stick it to the Jets one more time".

Then...can it possibly BE? The bad karma that we have been waiting for to kick in, can it have finally have happened with this whole inflation-gate? Didn't think so...the Pats proved the common wisdom wrong; Cheaters DO win, crime absolutely DOES pay. The Cheaters win another Super Bowl and FINALLY all of those genius sports reporters and commentators are proven right with their yearly SB predictions that always have included the Patriots and ended with "and I have the great team of Belichick and Brady winning it all". Oh well, blind squirrels and all. Does it, CAN IT EVER get any worse than this?

To Jet Nation's credit, at least there were some troll bannings...I hope more than the 1 that I saw 

The Jets didn't lose the SB yesterday. Not sure why some of you drama queens are mourning today as though we had anything to do with this game. Let it haunt the Seattle fans. It's not our problem.

I'm not a drama "queen" nor am I in mourning. I at least had the courage of my convictions- UNlike you !-28. Weren't you the guy calling for a Super Bowl boycott to protest the cheating scandal? Did you happen to watch the game? Well I didn't, thus the not in mourning defense.

The Jets didn't lose the SB yesterday. Not sure why some of you drama queens are mourning today as though we had anything to do with this game. Let it haunt the Seattle fans. It's not our problem.

If i waited as long as I will wait to see a jet Superbowl and we lost like that?  I now know that my family will be armed with a stun gun if we make it to the Superbowl.  Just in case this happens I would need to be dropped and put to bed.  For my own good and all.  LOL

Agreed , I'm disgusted and annoyed but over it already...if the Jets ever lost a super bowl like this I would be wandering the streets in my robe talking to myself out loud like that old mafia guy who was pretending to be insane...but I wouldn't be pretending.

And? I wanted the Pats to lose. They didn't. I'm not going to allow it to ruin my week. I was pissed for a minute. Then I went to sleep. 

I'm not gonna lie, winning two quarters in my office box pool helped cushion the blow. 

But even so.... this is a time of optimism for the Jets. We have a new coach, new GM, new director of scouting, all of whom appear to be competent professionals. 

Don't care about the Pats and their ill-gotten gains. There is a permanent taint on everything they have "accomplished."

**** 'em. 

Time to move on. 

This is a pivotal off-season. I'm very excited about the Bowles/Maccagnan signing and the Jets have an insane amount of money to spend on top of having a top draft pick. There's a lot to look forward to this off-season... Who cares if the Pats won another superbowl? Shouldn't we be used to their success after almost two decades?

In my opinion this is the end of a miserable Jets season and the start of a really exciting Jets off-season. The Jets can get a lot better in a hurry in the next few months.

I mean does it or CAN it ever get any worse than this? I thought that we had reached Dante's 9th circle of the inferno a few years ago when the Giants were playing the Pats in the Bowl (for the second time) but then we were spared from the final gate when the Giant's won . So here we are 3 years from the 8th ring of Hades only to see our Jets fandom toppling down to the very last fiery ring.  

So.....the Jets lose 12 games, both to the Pats, and on some bad calls (as usual) helped them. Not only that, but while our biggest rival found to be cheating (AGAIN), and caught if not RED, then at least pink-handed and is penalized with, oh wait, that's right, they haven't been penalized nor will they ever BE. While our team the lowly Jets go through a season with the franchises' absolute worst GM in it's 50 year history, a guy who helped pull off the teams worst draft, and all this just a year after rewarding an 8-8 head coach, with a new contract AND A GATORADE BATH to his cheering players by an idiot owner. To his credit though this time at least, said idiot owner comes to his senses and fires both inept leaders. So then what happens? no, no Super Bowl yet, first we have to go through the obligatory press conference to announce the moves and some wise acre beat reporter tricks Woody into  a tampering charge that absolutely DELIGHTS the Patriot fans so much so that we have an onslaught of trolls not seen since the Pennington-Brady wars of the early aughts. But then just as the Pats fans already drunk with Championship wine have one more gift from the owner and scumbag head coach who I'm willing to bet told his boss to "stick it to the Jets one more time".

Then...can it possibly BE? The bad karma that we have been waiting for to kick in, can it have finally have happened with this whole inflation-gate? Didn't think so...the Pats proved the common wisdom wrong; Cheaters DO win, crime absolutely DOES pay. The Cheaters win another Super Bowl and FINALLY all of those genius sports reporters and commentators are proven right with their yearly SB predictions that always have included the Patriots and ended with "and I have the great team of Belichick and Brady winning it all". Oh well, blind squirrels and all. Does it, CAN IT EVER get any worse than this?

To Jet Nation's credit, at least there were some troll bannings...I hope more than the 1 that I saw 

Also:

We let Belichick slip through our fingers

Mo Lewis knocked out Bledsoe

Idzik didn't re-sign Revis despite our need for a CB and a lot of cap space

But still the Dolphins are our biggest overall rival.  The Pats are the biggest current rival.

And? I wanted the Pats to lose. They didn't. I'm not going to allow it to ruin my week. I was pissed for a minute. Then I went to sleep. 

I'm not gonna lie, winning two quarters in my office box pool helped cushion the blow. 

But even so.... this is a time of optimism for the Jets. We have a new coach, new GM, new director of scouting, all of whom appear to be competent professionals. 

Don't care about the Pats and their ill-gotten gains. There is a permanent taint on everything they have "accomplished."

**** 'em. 

Time to move on. 

man for somebody who feels nothing about the game sure has made you a different type of poster here-jumping down throats, criticizing fellow Jets fans as woe is me types. I was making an assessment about where we are, I could care less about the game yesterday, as i said; I DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE GAME! Nor will I tune in to any of the stations carrying anything about the game-I COULD CARE LESS. I'm a Jets fan, a happier one now that we have purged our team of a lot of the bad and way too comfortable elements who I and a lot of other Jets fans feel were seriously hurting the team we love. So lighten up a little on your brethren Joe-we all care about the same things and right now, well there's only 1 way to go when you're where we are on Feb 2nd 2015...and that is UP.  

Archived