2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RHP Chase Whitley: 6 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 6 K, 1 WP, 6/2 GB/FB , 1 E (pickoff) — 54 of 89 pitches were strikes (61%), plus he picked a runner off first … so, does he get called up to make a spot start next week now that the Yankees are playing 13 games in 13 days

• In a setup role, Dellin Betances also looked pretty good tonight. Certainly better than he’s looked most nights. he allowed one hit but also got a strikeout and walked no one. “I think he’s making progress each time he goes out,” Girardi said.

• Third home run in less than a week for Stephen Drew. That’s the same number of home runs he hit in two months with the Yankees last season. Tonight’s homer was No. 100 in his career. “He’s swung the bat I think a little bit better than his numbers indicate,” Girardi said. “We saw it come around the last couple of weeks of spring training, and we need that to continue because he’s a guy that can hit the ball out of the ballpark and hit some doubles and drive in some runs, and it was good to see.”

Ivan Nova (Tommy John surgery) threw 20 pitches in his second live batting practice session yesterday. “I’m getting closer. Feels awesome,” he said. Nova expects to throw batting practice two more times next week before getting back into games. Joe Girardi said they’re shooting for May 1st for Nova’s first minor league rehab start.

Still cannot get over A-Rod's 477 foot bomb with a flick of his wrist, my sweet goodness.  Tanaka looks to be getting stronger, finishing out in front, which is nice to see. 

Still kind of annoyed the Yanks haven't done anything for A-Rod's eventual passing of Willie Mays. Yea I know, the roids, but whatever, it's a hell of an accomplishment. 

Still cannot get over A-Rod's 477 foot bomb with a flick of his wrist, my sweet goodness.  Tanaka looks to be getting stronger, finishing out in front, which is nice to see. 

Still kind of annoyed the Yanks haven't done anything for A-Rod's eventual passing of Willie Mays. Yea I know, the roids, but whatever, it's a hell of an accomplishment. 

The 470+ footer was insane, his 2nd home run was the hardest hit home run of the year as well, over 115 MPH. 

Archived