Alex Rodriguez DH

Mark Teixeira 1B

Chase Headley 3B

Stephen Drew 2B

Garrett Jones RF

John Ryan Murphy C

Didi Gregorius SS

RHP Michael Pineda

No Beltran, no McCann. Yankees going for the sweep and to even their record at 6-6. let's go BIG MIKE.

• Not a great start by Michael Pineda, but it was good enough. Girardi said he didn’t think Pineda’s slider was very good. Pineda said it was his changeup that let him down most often. Whatever the biggest culprit, Pineda simply didn’t have his best stuff this afternoon and still got through 5.2 innings. “I’m happy,” Pineda said. “We win the game and that’s what I’m looking for. I no have good stuff today, but I try to make adjustments and throw the ball good and make a good pitch and help my team for win the game.”

• Jones got a rare start and had three hits, two of which beat the shift. “Not consciously trying to beat the shift,” Jones said. “Just kind of the way they were pitching me. They were pitching a lot of lefties away, soft away, trying to get you to roll over something. So I really was concentrating on really staying through the ball and staying to that side of the field. For me, the shift helped out today and I was able to find some holes on that side of the field.” 

• The Yankees leadoff hitter reached base in the first seven innings today and came around to score in three of them. … The Yankees scored in 10 of 27 innings this series. … One Yankees player had three hits in each game of the series (Rodriguez, then McCann, then Jones). … The pitching staff had 11 strikeouts, breaking a tie with Cleveland for the most double-digit strikeout games in the A.L. this season. The Yankees have done that seven times. … Ellsbury has reached base in 10 straight games with a .392 on-base percentage in that stretch. … Miller recorded his 500th career strikeout today. 

“He’s struggling, but I’m not worried about him. The concern I have is if he starts worrying about himself. He’s in a new city and he has to impress. There’s nothing much you can do for him except keep encouraging him and talking to him,” said the manager about his new player to Claire Smith, except that wasn’t Girardi talking about Gregorius. That was Joe Torre talking about Tino in 1996 and it applies to Gregorius today. The Yankees have to keep encouraging him and help him through this tough start. To change the way they feel about him or treat him after seven games, not matter how bad, would be a big mistake. As ugly as it has been, this is part of Didi’s development.

Shane Greene finally gave up a run but moved to 3-0, anyway, tossing seven frames of one-run ball in a 9-1 victory over the White Sox.

The one tally charged against him easily could have been unearned, as J.D. Martinez misplayed a ball in the sixth inning that was scored a triple. Greene went 21 2/3 frames before giving up a run this season. He walked four and struck out just three, but the righty surrendered only five hits, with the questionable triple being the only one that went for extra bases. Greene will take a microscopic 0.39 ERA into a start against the Indians next weekend

Shane Greene finally gave up a run but moved to 3-0, anyway, tossing seven frames of one-run ball in a 9-1 victory over the White Sox.

The one tally charged against him easily could have been unearned, as J.D. Martinez misplayed a ball in the sixth inning that was scored a triple. Greene went 21 2/3 frames before giving up a run this season. He walked four and struck out just three, but the righty surrendered only five hits, with the questionable triple being the only one that went for extra bases. Greene will take a microscopic 0.39 ERA into a start against the Indians next weekend

God that was such a stupid trade.

Hey Didi got two hits today! That's something!

Previous info via RAB..... But seriously now when is Lindgren getting called up. Dude looks dominant. Can't wait for Lindgren to get called up and for Pirela to return from injury and both be on the 25 man roster. Some more young blood with talent on the big league team will be nice. 

Archived