2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's not his fault, without looking at the numbers, I would guess he's probably been one of our better hitters, but I just don't like Jacoby Ellsbury. I don't think he's  a great player. Never did think he was, didn't like the signing from the get go. He's nowhere near the player his salary says he should be. I would look to trade him once this season goes down the tubes, maybe someone will take that contract off our hands. Unlikely..I know... but I guess theres a better chance than someone taking A-Rod, Beltran, CC, or Teixeira. This team has been run into the ground with those contracts. Our house is such an overpaid piece of sh--t that we can't put a for sale sign up. Gonna be a long 2-3 years. Oh and man do I miss Robinson Cano. That guy was a pleasure to watch everyday on the field and in the batters box. 

Exhibit A why MLB is almost unwatchable. NOTHING HAPPENS. Spare games when a  serious pitcher like Harvey is in there, it's long stretches of nothingness as the batters  inexplicably STILL try to work the count. But pitching has changed; the garbage ballers of the past have been replaced by guys throwing lots of strikes over 90. No point of working the count when getting into the other team's bullpen means you're facing a fresh 95 fastball.

Fell asleep around the 11th and went to bed. 

Carzy idea, Yankees-SWING AT STRIKE 1 INSTEAD OF WATCHING IT. 

I know it's not his fault, without looking at the numbers, I would guess he's probably been one of our better hitters, but I just don't like Jacoby Ellsbury. I don't think he's a great player. Never did think he was, didn't like the signing from the get go. He's nowhere near the player his salary says he should be. I would look to trade him once this season goes down the tubes, maybe someone will take that contract off our hands. Unlikely..I know... but I guess theres a better chance than someone taking A-Rod, Beltran, CC, or Teixeira. This team has been run into the ground with those contracts. Our house is such an overpaid piece of sh--t that we can't put a for sale sign up. Gonna be a long 2-3 years. Oh and man do I miss Robinson Cano. That guy was a pleasure to watch everyday on the field and in the batters box.

Totally get where you're coming from, but all those long term contracts that have run us into the ground and you're upset we didn't give cano 10 240? Back end of that deal won't be pretty either..

Exhibit A why MLB is almost unwatchable. NOTHING HAPPENS. Spare games when a serious pitcher like Harvey is in there, it's long stretches of nothingness as the batters inexplicably STILL try to work the count. But pitching has changed; the garbage ballers of the past have been replaced by guys throwing lots of strikes over 90. No point of working the count when getting into the other team's bullpen means you're facing a fresh 95 fastball.

Fell asleep around the 11th and went to bed.

Carzy idea, Yankees-SWING AT STRIKE 1 INSTEAD OF WATCHING IT.

Yeah last night was just beyond ridiculous. Someone has to tell the Yankees it's okay to take the lead in ball games, not just tying the game to prolong it.

Archived