2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally get where you're coming from, but all those long term contracts that have run us into the ground and you're upset we didn't give cano 10 240? Back end of that deal won't be pretty either..

We didn't resign cano and instead sign Beltran who is done and Ellsbury who is a glorified Gardner. We're also stuck with two offensive duds in the middle infield now. This team is f-cked fire Cashman already. Girardi can go too.

We didn't resign cano and instead sign Beltran who is done and Ellsbury who is a glorified Gardner. We're also stuck with two offensive duds in the middle infield now. This team is f-cked fire Cashman already. Girardi can go too.

Cashman just got extended dude

Are the Yankees ever going to change that retarded policy of charging platinum rates for seats behind home plate? I wonder what the rich kids in Manhattan and Bergen county are saying "hmm do I want Yankee season tickets or another Bentley or condo on the upper east side?

You watched 42 year old men hit grounders to the shortstop shifted in between 2nd and 1st for 6 hours

I watched most of it. Flipped back and forth during regulation. Then I went to bed and kept falling asleep and waking up. I think that is the same thing the Yankees did actually.

I watched most of it. Flipped back and forth during regulation. Then I went to bed and kept falling asleep and waking up. I think that is the same thing the Yankees did actually.

This team doesn't deserve to be watched. $228 million for a roster of has beens with no heart no wonder Girardi was trying to go to the cubs he saw the writing on the wall. The hall of famers Cashman inherited from Watson and Michael are gone. Blow it up, fire Cashman and Girardi and hope the dodgers or some other team can take our players

They can't even field. $228 mil and they can't make routine plays. Give Cashman another extension

Are the Yankees ever going to change that retarded policy of charging platinum rates for seats behind home plate? I wonder what the rich kids in Manhattan and Bergen county are saying "hmm do I want Yankee season tickets or another Bentley or condo on the upper east side?

I understand why they didn't resign Cano. But with him and with Robertson, this was not a playoff team the last 2 years.Not having traded either at the deadline was foolishness. 

And crazy idea-bring up Reffsnyder and give him a bat, glove be damned. The pitching is actually okay, the hitting is terrible. 

Was at the game today.. Terrible performance! The most shocking part of this opening week is how awful the defense has been.

Yeah and Tyler told me how good this team would be defensively.

Seriously though it has been a tough week for them. Tanaka did not answer any questions with his performance and overall the team just looks old on the bases and defensively. O'Brien or whomever the back-up catcher is needs to be replaced.

It's early though.  How about the Braves?????   

I understand why they didn't resign Cano. But with him and with Robertson, this was not a playoff team the last 2 years.Not having traded either at the deadline was foolishness.

And crazy idea-bring up Reffsnyder and give him a bat, glove be damned. The pitching is actually okay, the hitting is terrible.

I think we may lead the mlb in errors. And we kept refsnyder in the minors because of his defense?

Was at the game today.. Terrible performance! The most shocking part of this opening week is how awful the defense has been.

What's shocking is how small this organizations balls have gotten. If Georgie was around for this heads would roll. $228 million payroll and we're in the conversation for worst team in the mlb. Cashman's entire career is inheriting great players from Michael and Watson now that gravy train is over.

I'm shutting it down for baseball boys. This team has no heart and does not deserve me.

What's shocking is how small this organizations balls have gotten. If Georgie was around for this heads would roll. $228 million payroll and we're in the conversation for worst team in the mlb. Cashman's entire career is inheriting great players from Michael and Watson now that gravy train is over.

I'm shutting it down for baseball boys. This team has no heart and does not deserve me.

Team hits it's first major rough patch in 20 years and you're bolting? 

Yankees won't avoid my displeasure, scorn, or frustration for decisions made.. but I will still be loyal to a team that gave me so much joy while my other teams HAVE NOT. 

Unlike football, I think you can still enjoy  your team while they are bad by enjoying individual performances and watching young players who could be apart of the rebuild. 

worst team in baseball and no retirement tours to fall back on this year...Yanks deserve this.

I grew up during the dark ages when everyone in Ny was a met fan and the face of the franchise Donnie Baseball batted .268 because he was old and washed up and a bad back. I didn't even watch the Yankees appear in a playoff game until I was 15.

Those teams I grew up with at least they had heart. Donnie, Dave Winfield, Andy Stankiewiecz - they had heart. This team has no heart.

FU Cashman

I grew up in the Reggie era so I've seen a little of everything. With no talent in the farm system the Yanks have to spend like they always do but can't. It's not because they are being cheap, it's because they invested too much money in older players. Our lineup is just horrible. Although his glove is tremendous and he won a ring with us, Tex is such a horrible hitter most of his time with us. I love his desire but his bat is just non existent. Beltran is done, Ellsbury is not what he was..the list goes on and on and I'm not going to talk about pitching. Trading guys like Beltran who may be able to help a contending team is a start to this long road we have of retooling. I say retooling because the Yankees would never say rebuilding, not with those ticket prices.

I grew up during the dark ages when everyone in Ny was a met fan and the face of the franchise Donnie Baseball batted .268 because he was old and washed up and a bad back. I didn't even watch the Yankees appear in a playoff game until I was 15.

Those teams I grew up with at least they had heart. Donnie, Dave Winfield, Andy Stankiewiecz - they had heart. This team has no heart.

FU Cashman

the issues are more on Levine and Hal than Cashman. I can deal with mediocre to bad teams...but combined with an awful stadium and awful treatment of fans...nah.

FU Cashman

First year I remember following the Yankees at all, they lost the World Series.  To the Dodgers..

I was 23 when they won their first WS.  People talk about Steinbrennar like he was a good ower, the team was rebuilt because he was kicked out of baseball.  Yankee fans cheered when he was tossed.  I am not a fan of Cashman, never have been.  I don't mind a few rebuilding years, it happens.  I don't like watching a bunch of old, washedup guys play instead of playing some younger players to see what they can do.

I'm with Tyler.  Watching young players come up is exciting.  Watching the Yankees rebuild was fun, it was good baseball.  But this now, it's just old players who were brought in.  But, at the end of the day, I've seen them win 5 WS, lose a couple more, hammer the Red Sox for years, lose the worst playoff series ever to them.  It's been fun, and I'll keep watching, but I'd rather watch younger guys play.

the issues are more on Levine and Hal than Cashman. I can deal with mediocre to bad teams...but combined with an awful stadium and awful treatment of fans...nah.

Amazing how bulletproof Cashman is. Wah the Arod contract isn't my fault. Arod isn't even the worst contract on the team at this point.

Amazing how bulletproof Cashman is. Wah the Arod contract isn't my fault. Arod isn't even the worst contract on the team at this point.

Arod's contract was the Yankees higher ups banking on him breaking Bonds' record. Everything the Yankees do is about getting ppl into the ballpark. Winning comes second.

Arod's contract was the Yankees higher ups banking on him breaking Bonds' record. Everything the Yankees do is about getting ppl into the ballpark. Winning comes second.

Just a lot of sh-tty contracts and a complacent clubhouse. All these guys have won a WS already and are collecting a glorified pension. This isn't a clubhouse it's club med.

It sucks because mlb is very boring when the Yankees aren't competitive.

“I think you can’t lose perspective on how long of a year it is,” Girardi said before Sunday’s series finale against the Boston Red Sox. “I’m sure there is going to be a number of teams that lose four out of five games in the course of the season, and you just can’t let it snowball. Hey, we have not played well. We’re capable of playing much, much better, and if those things happen, it’ll turn around.”

Girardi was apart of another notable team that started the season 1-4. That would be the 1998 Yankees, who went onto win 114 games and a World Series title. No one is saying that the 2015 team will follow suit, but it also goes to show that the all-out panic may be premature.

Archived