2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both have higher WAR than McCann. So, guess not.

Xander Bogaerts, Mookie Betts, and even Clay Buchholz all got "snubbed". Not enough room for everyone though.

Martin I'll buy over McCann this year, but the calculations for defensive WAR are shoddy at best, thus I'll take the solid-hitting catcher over a solid-hitting RF any day of the week. 

Both have higher WAR than McCann. So, guess not.

Xander Bogaerts, Mookie Betts, and even Clay Buchholz all got "snubbed". Not enough room for everyone though.

Salvador Perez does not have a higher war than McCann. And McCann's wrc+ is much higher, Perez is the least deserving. McCann and Martin are very similar stats wise so it's just preference. Martin's WAR is only .3 points higher than McCann's and his wrc+ is only 4 points higher. Toss up.

If Beltran plays decent, I could see them moving him. Maybe pick up a good chunk of his salary. Clear a spot on the 40 man, get rid of a DH type, open up a spot in the OF

Too bad he's on the DL :( angels could've been a possible suitor. Also, too bad he has a full no trade clause. Sucks.

If Beltran plays decent, I could see them moving him.  Maybe pick up a good chunk of his salary.  Clear a spot on the 40 man, get rid of a DH type, open up a spot in the OF

That would be great, but can't see it while he's underperformed/injured. Yankees only wanted to go 2 years on him, too bad they caved on the 3rd year.

Gardner is so underrated.

Absolutely he is. He's turned himself into a fantastic ballplayer. The difference between Gardner and Ellsbury on the field is not as big as the difference between their contracts. Yankees actually got a great deal on Gardner. He would of gotten a lot more on the open market.

Midseason prospect lists are being released.

Top 50.

Baseball Prospectus:

13. Aaron Judge
28. Luis Severino

Baseball America:

13. Aaron Judge (There aren’t many 6-foot-7, 270-pound outfielders, but Judge’s plate discipline adds to his power)
17. Luis Severino (Yes he’s undersized, but Severino’s stuff matches up against almost anyone in the minors)

That would be great, but can't see it while he's underperformed/injured. Yankees only wanted to go 2 years on him, too bad they caved on the 3rd year.

I was thinking more likely in the offseason.

I forgot about the no trade.

Gary Sanchez is a 22 year old catcher with a .789 OPS, including .862 against RHPs, in AA. Nooooooobody seems to give a sh*t. I'm going to love being right about this one, he's so much better than given credit for by these nudges and naggers.

Gary Sanchez is a 22 year old catcher with a .789 OPS, including .862 against RHPs, in AA. Nooooooobody seems to give a sh*t. I'm going to love being right about this one, he's so much better than given credit for by these nudges and naggers.

He was selected for the Futures Game, along with Aaron Judge

Stephen Drew is nursing a .176/.251/.360 (66 wRC+) batting line and currently ranks 155th out of 164 qualified hitters in wRC+.

What is Girardi and Cashman's fascination with him?

He is just not a viable hitter anymore.

Good for Gardner, definitely deserves that all-star birth.

Cool story on the rook about the drive through game after a 12-inning one the night before.

Believe it or not, Gardner is only the fifth position player drafted by the Yankees to represent the Yankees at the All-Star Game, joining Thurman Munson, Don Mattingly, Derek Jeter, and Jorge Posada. For real.

Archived