2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

It is, but I can't think of a single team that puts CC in the pen. This is baseball, this is Jeter batting second all season long when he should have been at the 8th or 9th spot for probably two seasons. Ahh well, I'm sure he'll get his shot again, but I agree, it's a tough shake. In better news, Nova is really looking strong through 5 against the Angels. Really nasty bite on the sinker.

Offense is really slacking.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is, but I can't think of a single team that puts CC in the pen. This is baseball, this is Jeter batting second all season long when he should have been at the 8th or 9th spot for probably two seasons.  Ahh well, I'm sure he'll get his shot again, but I agree, it's a tough shake.  In better news, Nova is really looking strong through 5 against the Angels.  Really nasty bite on the sinker.

They were also saying the Yankees want him on an innings limit of about 130 for the year, which is another reason for the bullpen.  And honestly, they need another good arm in the pen.

However, if they keep getting 1 run on 2 hits, it won't really matter.

Andrew Miller threw a 30-pitch bullpen session on Saturday, a sign that he could be nearing his return to the Bronx. Miller, who has been on the 15-day disabled list (forearm), has not pitched for the Yankees since June 9.

That's a good sign, I prefer Miller in the closer's role.  Not that I think Betances ever truly nibbles, it just seems he's maybe slightly more cautious as a closer and slightly more aggressive in the 7th and 8th.  Either way, getting Miller back is a huge win.  Some underestimate the loss of Jacoby, but when him and Gardy were both hitting, they were really setting the table for our entire offense during that stretch. It'll be nice to get him back.

AAA played a double header.

Game 1: RF Aaron Judge: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 K 1B

Greg Bird: 1-4, 2 K — first Triple-A hit was a single

2B Rob Refsnyder: 1-4, 1 K.

Game 2: RF Aaron Judge: 1-4, 1 RBI, 2 K

DH Greg Bird: 1-5, 1 K

2B Rob Refsnyder: 2-3, 1 R, 2 BB — three strikeouts and 13 walks in his last ten games.

Archived