Becht signs with Bucs??-PewterReport.com

MiamiJet

http://www.pewterreport.com/

Bucs Land TE Becht

By: Jim Flynn

March 14, 2005 7:15PM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have agreed to terms on a contract with former New York Jets tight end Anthony Becht, PewterReport.com learned Monday evening. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Becht, 27, is reunited with new Bucs quarterbacks coach Paul Hackett and offensive line coach Bill Muir, both of whom worked with the 6-foot-5, 272-pounder in New York.

Copyright 2005 PewterReport.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have found a new starting tight end, but it

The guy is a great blocker. I won't miss the drops, but whoever we get at TE better be an adequate blocker

He was an average blocker. The guy was 276 pounds. He should have been collapsing half the field, yet Martin got most of his yards behind Fabini and Kendall. I hated Becht. What a douche.

The Bucs just signed a pretty decent right tackle in Anthony Becht. He should give Kenyatta Walker a run for his money in camp.

All jokes aside, I liked Anthony Becht as a person. He's a good guy, no question about it. He worked hard here and he was a very good run blocker.

Unfortunately, I could never understand how a first round TE could be such a miserable pass catcher.

I didn't mind so much that he wasn't a deep threat or a speed guy but I got tired of seeing this guy drop easy passes and get tackled by 5'7 corners in the open field.

Got tired of seeing Pennington trying to teach him on the sideline how to catch the football.

Jets could have brought him back but I'm glad he's gone. Jets need to find a different TE. I'm sure that Adrian Jones could average 7 yards a catch if we moved him back to his early college position of tight end.

If you are not going to make big plays down the field. Can you atleast catch the ball when it is thrown to you?

This is one of the times where staff personal interview skills are important. I'd be supprised to see us spend an early pick on a TE and I have no doubt there's a guy with the heart and drive and size to do us some good here (hands are a pre-req). I'm hoping Dinger brings us this talent as well cause I'm thinking this isn't a strong suit of Herm's.

Archived