Marcus Mariota will go number two in this draft.

Tony The Wiz

Dude did you watch Beasley play at all?? Not just highlight films.... The guy is nothing like Gholston and sorry but that is really a very ignorant statement. He has been more consistently productive then both Fowler and Ray yet you call him a combine freak because he is a superior athlete as well as a very good football player?? The guy as also bulked up to 246; he is the most complete player at his position. The knock on Beasley is he isn't as stoutly built as Fowler or Dupree but we don't need him to be because he will be playing OLB and has the speed to do so. The guy has the best CLOSING speed of ANYONE in this draft, which is what you want in a Pass Rusher. Please watch more film of him before making such a comparison. Beasley is the best FIT for this team. We already have SLOW lb in Harris, Pace and Babin; we need more SPEED at that position.

For all Fowler's added size not like he was a beast against the run either. I love Fowler but just being real. Yeah, again whoever they pick I'll be down. But Beasley is the most explosive freak and he has the best first step IMO.

(And Dupree is a huge dark horse)

Dude did you watch Beasley play at all?? Not just highlight films.... The guy is nothing like Gholston and sorry but that is really a very ignorant statement.  He has been more consistently productive then both Fowler and Ray yet you call him a combine freak because he is a superior athlete as well as a very good football player??   The guy as also bulked up to 246; he is the most complete player at his position.  The knock on Beasley is he isn't as stoutly built as Fowler or Dupree but we don't need him to be because he will be playing OLB and has the speed to do so.  The guy has the best CLOSING speed of ANYONE in this draft, which is what you want in a Pass Rusher.   Please watch more film of him before making such a comparison.   Beasley is the best FIT for this team.  We already have SLOW lb in Harris, Pace and Babin;  we need more SPEED at that position.

Like Beasley a lot. Seen him many times at Clemson. I do like Ray just a little more than Beasley but he is my second rated Pass rushing LB.

The Titans cannot afford to pass on a possible franchise QB. Whisenhunt is already on the hot seat after really bad season last year. I live in Tennessee so I hear what Titans fans are saying. If they pass on Mariota and he turns out great they are screwed. Better to make a mistake ON a QB than passing ON a QB. Jets fans should knows this....Dan Marino anyone? In that case the Jets made BOTH mistakes. They made a mistake on a QB - O'Brien, AND passing on Marino.

Sounds good. Anywhere but here is fine by me...

Still not convinced PHI doesn't send Bradford to TEN as part of a deal for #2

That is a possibility. If healthy Bradford gives the Titans a much better QB situation than they have now, plus they add draft picks for the many other holes they possess. However, if I am Whisenhunt do I risk my job on an injury prone QB who played what - one full season - rather than a guy that has a very high ceiling but may take a year or two to develop. Developing a QB requires continuity which is helpful to a coach that is losing since he can say to the owner 'be patient'. I think Tennessee takes Mariota.

That is a possibility. If healthy Bradford gives the Titans a much better QB situation than they have now, plus they add draft picks for the many other holes they possess. However, if I am Whisenhunt do I risk my job on an injury prone QB who played what - one full season - rather than a guy that has a very high ceiling but may take a year or two to develop. Developing a QB requires continuity which is helpful to a coach that is losing since he can say to the owner 'be patient'. I think Tennessee takes Mariota.

For me, the x-factor is Wizzy. He's preference as far as I understand it, is for a more traditional QB. I'm not sure he'd rather gamble on ceiling, then injury.

Though Ken is definitely an offensive guru of sorts, he's not a QB whisperer known  for polishing turds into diamonds. Think he'd rather take a chance on Bradford, then marry his future to the development of Mariota. 

Archived