Best I've Seen From Mehta in Years: NFL Investigates Jets re Revis

AFJF

Whether we think it should or should not be, it is and it is written just so.  I don't think having cameras on the sideline  is any worse than having them in the stands 25 yards further away. But We know how that turned out.

So is deflating footballs. how did that turn out?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look this is a discussion forum, we are talking about the tampering issue. If you want to create a deflate gate thread, I will be please to discuss that with you there. or bump one of the previous ones in which i took part.

Must be exhausting defending your piece of sh*t team.

Did the Pats intend to deflate the balls or was it just a strange happening they had no control over?? If they walk on that so does Woody.. Other teams are starting to question the inappropriate  Kraft-Goodell favoritism... 

At times it seems like a Patriots board.

The two issues are completely intertwined.  If the Jets lose a draft pick even a late round pick Goodell will look like a hypocritical idiot because the deflategate investigation is currently taking longer than Elon Musk's expedition to Mars.

They really are not.

The only definitive thing you can say on the two separate subjects is that their is proof the Jets tampered.

Now, maybe their is a camera showing a Patriots staffer deflatingn or asking Vince to sit on the balls for a few minutes, but all the NFL has, as far as we know, is hearsay.

They really are not.

The only definitive thing you can say on the two separate subjects is that their is proof the Jets tampered.

Now, maybe their is a camera showing a Patriots staffer deflatingn or asking Vince to sit on the balls for a few minutes, but all the NFL has, as far as we know, is hearsay.

If pats fans were smart they would leave sleeping dogs lie on the Revis issue. The second the jets lose a draft pick because idiot Woodys comment the questions will come "what about the 11 deflated footballs Tom Brady knows nothing about?"

If pats fans were smart they would leave sleeping dogs lie on the Revis issue. The second the jets lose a draft pick because idiot Woodys comment the questions will come "what about the 11 deflated footballs Tom Brady knows nothing about?"

What the hell does fans on a message board have to do with any thing in the "real world"? 

If the pats are proved to have removed air from footballs, they should be punished. No doubt and there is not a patriot fan or a fan of any team that would think any differently.

I honestly believe the pats did not let air out of the footballs from the time that they were checked (?) by the refs and the time that they were checked by Kensil. 

Why you think that the other 30 teams in the league would just lay quiet while the pats let air out of balls or the jets tampered with a player is beyond reason. 

The NFL (except for kensil) does not see this as a jets pats thing.

Today in Peter Kings MMQB, Godell once again says that he was unaware of the deflated footballs until after the game, while Grigson the colts GM says that he notified the the league 4 days prior to the game. Godell and Blandino are both saying no one said anything to them regarding potential cheating and deflated footballs. Why did he send Kensil there?

They really are not.

Funny that you bring up tampering, when the Pats signed Revis 5 hours after he was cut from the Bucs. But that's obviously not tampering right? 

Funny that you bring up tampering, when the Pats signed Revis 5 hours after he was cut from the Bucs. But that's obviously not tampering right? 

What was to negotiate? The best CB in the game was willing to play for a deal with a 7mill cap hit the first year. how long do you think it would take? Were they an incentives to hammer out? deferred money? ,Do you think the Pats needed to work him out to see if he could play in the nfl?  Or if he could fit in BB system.

And the Bucs were trying to trade him, do you know if Licht who used to be the pats assistant GM gave permission for the pats to talk to Revis as part of the trade talks that they had with the bucs?

What was to negotiate? The best CB in the game was willing to play for a deal with a 7mill cap hit the first year. how long do you think it would take? Were they an incentives to hammer out? deferred money? ,Do you think the Pats needed to work him out to see if he could play in the nfl?  Or if he could fit in BB system.

And the Bucs were trying to trade him, do you know if Licht who used to be the pats assistant GM gave permission for the pats to talk to Revis as part of the trade talks that they had with the bucs?

This was the same guy that was trying to get the Jets and Pats into a bidding war, so yes, your team ******* tampered with Revis when he was on the Bucs. 

You are free to discuss anything you wish, I did not tell you not to, just that you asked me a question on a off topic item, and I said I would be pleased to answer on either another thread or one of the old ones. I felt no need to derail this thread.  I conduct myself on the forum as I was asked to by the mods when I joined.

Still waiting on them dozen bacon chesseburgers we discussed. 

What was to negotiate? The best CB in the game was willing to play for a deal with a 7mill cap hit the first year. how long do you think it would take? Were they an incentives to hammer out? deferred money? ,Do you think the Pats needed to work him out to see if he could play in the nfl? Or if he could fit in BB system.

Remember when Belichick talked to Kerry Rhodes for about an hour and his arm around him on the field after the pats beat the jets in the 2007 playoff? Yeah I'm sure nothing in that conversation had to do with Rhodes signing with the pats in the future.

This was the same guy that was trying to get the Jets and Pats into a bidding war, so yes, your team ******* tampered with Revis when he was on the Bucs. 

There was no bidding war, the jets were his first choice and they told him to hit the door.

Remember when Belichick talked to Kerry Rhodes for about an hour and his arm around him on the field after the pats beat the jets in the 2007 playoff? Yeah I'm sure nothing in that conversation had to do with Rhodes signing with the pats in the future.

Now this is something that i agree happens all the time. BB has now won 4 superbowls and was the def co-od in two more, When players shake his hand at the end of the game and say they would like one of those rings too, I am sure BB says stuff like I would be proud to have you.  And that is tampering by the rules.

I remember once when BB was the coach of the probowl , Junior Seau told him that he always wanted to play for him, I was kind of shocked as that was almost saying my coach sucks. 

Once again, he was signed in 5 hours once released. If that doesn't scream tampering, then I don't know what will.

And once again, why did it even take that long. Your a GM, Revis will play for a 12mill cap hit spread over two years. Do you expect Bill to sleep on it?  And he was not signed, but they came to an agreement. He did not sign the deal until 6 days later.

And before you go too much farther, get your facts straight. Tampa notified the league office that they will not be picking up the contract, Revis then became a Free Agent. Tampa relinquished his rights, and even then licht and BB could have had an agreement. Licht did not raise any concerns

This is the opposite of what happened in the Revis case in NE. The media reported (Rappaport) that the pats would not be picking up Revis option that weekend, but thepats never notified the league formally until late Tuesday. Just because Mehata said that he became free at 4PM does not make it so.

And once again, why did it even take that long. Your a GM, Revis will play for a 12mill cap hit spread over two years. Do you expect Bill to sleep on it?  And he was not signed, but they came to an agreement. He did not sign the deal until 6 days later.

And before you go too much farther, get your facts straight. Tampa notified the league office that they will not be picking up the contract, Revis then became a Free Agent. Tampa relinquished his rights, and even then licht and BB could have had an agreement. Licht did not raise any concerns

This is the opposite of what happened in the Revis case in NE. The media reported (Rappaport) that the pats would not be picking up Revis option that weekend, but thepats never notified the league formally until late Tuesday. Just because Mehata said that he became free at 4PM does not make it so.

The bottom line is if Revis agents asked the Jets if they were interested and they said yes the Pats wouldn't have matched the Jets offer anyway so what harm was done?? BTW if BB or Kraft went to any Jet player and said I wish you were on my team I have zero problem with it.. :winking0001:

I don't think this is correct. He was on the Bucs until he was not on the Bucs. They released Revis on March 12th just before his roster bonus was due at 4 pm. The Patriots and Revis came to an agreement hours later on that same date.

The Patriots didn't know what Revis would and wouldn't play for, or how he would want it constructed, until they actually spoke to him. You are attempting to argue it was some sort of common knowledge throughout the league that Revis was willing to sign for $4M less than the prior season, which is also $4M less than his demands had been for the prior multiple seasons. Further, Revis was unwilling to redo his contract with Tampa for less money. Woody Johnson's whole tampering thing was over this; that he had no idea Revis would be willing to sign on for "only" $12M.

In their negotiations with Revis, they were starting already near the finish line when he was formally released, because they had tampered with him. Everyone knew it, even if no one has admitted to it.

Ugh, from Kraft and Woody's comments in the owner' meetings in Phoenix today it sounds like this tampering decision is going to drag on.  I was hoping it would be done this week.

I don't know what takes the NFL so long here.  Either they find evidence the jets tampered or they don't.  Done.    I am afraid they are holding this up to wait the deflagate investigation and somehow announce all punishments together.  Even though one has nothing to do with the other (except for the common denominator - the pats).

The bottom line is if Revis agents asked the Jets if they were interested and they said yes the Pats wouldn't have matched the Jets offer anyway so what harm was done?? BTW if BB or Kraft went to any Jet player and said I wish you were on my team I have zero problem with it.. :winking0001:

This is not a hypothetical argument. What Woody did and said was almost work for word tampering. if Revis agents asked the jets and the jets responded, they tampered.

LOL!

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN 3h3 hours ago

Robert Kraft on Revis: "The fan in me wishes he was still with us." #nyj

Is that tampering by Kraft talking about a player under contract with another team? :)

No, Since he offered the guy 36 mill last week it is not a secret is it. , I think he does to a pretty expensive tune. he just does not want him to a tune of 70 mill

I would love the jets to press charges, the laughs will be deafening. 

This is not a hypothetical argument. What Woody did and said was almost work for word tampering. if Revis agents asked the jets and the jets responded, they tampered.

I think the whole tampering thing is stupid especially the part where you can't say you would like a great player on your team.. :animal0029:

One slight difference, the Bucs were looking to trade him.  There could have been discussions on the trade with the condition that Revis' must change his deal. 

Listen, I am not naive to think that an agent for a player would never communicate with a third party to pass along deal parameters prior to free agency.  They do.

Again, they are two different things.

One instance there is irrefutable evidence one rule was broken.

The other, as far as been reported, there is no definitive proof the Patriots purposely deflated the balls.  Now, if there is film showing a Patriots staff member doing this, then they should be punished.

In the grand scheme of things, I do not give a crap about the tampering, but if they rule the Jets should pay a penalty...fine.  The same with the deflategate.

I think the whole tampering thing is stupid especially the part where you can't say you would like a great player on your team.. :animal0029:

You can say you want a great player on your team, while it may be tampering to the letter of the law, I heard 1/2 the coaches in the NFL say they wished they had brady or manning at some time in the last 10 years. Including Rex, I think if Woody just said he would like to have Revis back and just that, Kensil would have told the pats to take a chill pill. But when he went beyond that saying it was a mistake and that he would have signed revis for the same money that he signed for with the pats is what made it blatant

LOL, Pats fans are trying so hard to convince themselves that this tamper allegation is actually going to work...

The tampering allegations have nothing to do with your make-believe "what if" scenario about what Revis' agents did or didn't do, it is strictly on the comments Woody made in a press conference.

The league will find nothing, Woody is a dope that doesn't know how to talk to the media, the Pats are an insecure scandal driven organization trying to remove the spotlight from their own wrongdoings of the past and present to distract the public from their business as usual crossing the line operation.

No, Since he offered the guy 36 mill last week it is not a secret is it. , I think he does to a pretty expensive tune. he just does not want him to a tune of 70 mill

I would love the jets to press charges, the laughs will be deafening. 

By your own insistence of spamming this board with the rule:

Per the NFL policy: "Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club's player to that player's agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of the Anti-Tampering Policy."

Kraft tampered, and he's done it twice since Revis became a Jet, no matter what spin you want to put on Kraft's comments, he violated the rule!

You can say you want a great player on your team, while it may be tampering to the letter of the law, I heard 1/2 the coaches in the NFL say they wished they had brady or manning at some time in the last 10 years. Including Rex, I think if Woody just said he would like to have Revis back and just that, Kensil would have told the pats to take a chill pill. But when he went beyond that saying it was a mistake and that he would have signed revis for the same money that he signed for with the pats is what made it blatant

Which is exactly what Woody was doing, but doesn't know how to address the media, on any topic, and was responding to prodding by the media and their criticisms of Woody about not wanting Revis on the team.  Woody had no intent, nor does he have the savvy to tamper deceitfully.  Unlike the Pats, who will push the edge of the legalities of the league, only to cross the line due to their own arrogance.

Which is exactly what Woody was doing, but doesn't know how to address the media, on any topic, and was responding to prodding by the media and their criticisms of Woody about not wanting Revis on the team.  Woody had no intent, nor does he have the savvy to tamper deceitfully.  Unlike the Pats, who will push the edge of the legalities of the league, only to cross the line due to their own arrogance.

Woody was warned last year and the policy was explained to him, The pats charged him with tampering in the Branch case, and I am sure he became familiar with the rule then. The Jets lost a 1st and moe for tampering with Parcells, so please with the jets dont push rules, and only the pats do.

Woody is not an idiot and pleading he is one is not going to be received well.  If it was anybody but kensil leading the investigation jet fans would be more concerned.

By your own insistence of spamming this board with the rule:

Kraft tampered, and he's done it twice since Revis became a Jet, no matter what spin you want to put on Kraft's comments, he violated the rule!

So let the jets file charges, I am not concerned

Archived