NFL forced to step in and protect past* players from their own HC

Larz

what a disgrace.  I'm sure this is just a "competitive advantage"  puke

can anyone spot the obvious flaw in the system that will be exploited by belicheat ?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12551912/nfl-owners-vote-allow-medical-out

PHOENIX -- NFL owners voted to prevent another Julian Edelman situation, giving a third party power to stop a game if a player appears disoriented.

The league announced that the owners voted to allow a certified athletic trainer at each stadium to call a medical timeout if a player appears to be disoriented. During the Super Bowl, New England's Julian Edelman appeared that way after a hit by Seattle's Kam Chancellor. But Edelman remained in the game and eventually caught the winning touchdown pass.

Under the new rule, a spotter at the game would communicate with the side judge if it's determined a player is showing obvious signs of disorientation or is unstable. Neither team would be charged for a timeout -- and teams can only replace the affected player during this stoppage. The opposition would be able to substitute a player as well to match up.

"It came a little bit from the health and safety committee just saying, 'we've got these (certified athletic trainers) spotters,'" McKay said. "'They've got a really good vantage point. They've got technology in their booth. They're communicating pretty well with our trainers and doctors, and we've got a pretty good rhythm going there.' Why would we miss a play when a player should come out?"NFL competition committee co-chairman Rich McKay said Monday that the Edelman situation was among those they looked at when proposing the change.

It was one of five safety enhancement rules 

can anyone spot the obvious flaw in the system that will be exploited by belicheat ?

PHOENIX -- NFL owners voted to prevent another Julian Edelman situation, giving a third party power to stop a game if a player appears disoriented.

The league announced that the owners voted to allow a certified athletic trainer at each stadium to call a medical timeout if a player appears to be disoriented. During the Super Bowl, New England's Julian Edelman appeared that way after a hit by Seattle's Kam Chancellor. But Edelman remained in the game and eventually caught the winning touchdown pass.

Under the new rule, a spotter at the game would communicate with the side judge if it's determined a player is showing obvious signs of disorientation or is unstable. Neither team would be charged for a timeout -- and teams can only replace the affected player during this stoppage. The opposition would be able to substitute a player as well to match up.

"It came a little bit from the health and safety committee just saying, 'we've got these (certified athletic trainers) spotters,'" McKay said. "'They've got a really good vantage point. They've got technology in their booth. They're communicating pretty well with our trainers and doctors, and we've got a pretty good rhythm going there.' Why would we miss a play when a player should come out?"NFL competition committee co-chairman Rich McKay said Monday that the Edelman situation was among those they looked at when proposing the change.

What a sleaze bag he is. I read once he told Ted Johnson that if he didn't play the week after a bad concussion he'd cut him. The guy actually approached Belichcik to express concern and he told him play or you're out. Gross

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/2/7964459/julian-edelman-passed-concussion-test-super-bowl-2015

no doubt that patriots will abuse this one. when belly calls in "26 Red, I'm Batman" that will be cue for brady to pick a guy to fake a concussion after the play.

this

the NFL, thanks to belicheats scumbaggery, has just made a way for teams to get a free TO.  Teams fake hammy pulls vs. philly to slow down their offense, now all teams get a free TO in the 4th quarter when you need it

Rex will need one a week, lol

What a sleaze bag he is. I read once he told Ted Johnson that if he didn't play the week after a bad concussion he'd cut him. The guy actually approached Belichcik to express concern and he told him play or you're out. Gross

I don't know how chowds admit they are past* fans in public

this

the NFL, thanks to belicheats scumbaggery, has just made a way for teams to get a free TO.  Teams fake hammy pulls vs. philly to slow down their offense, now all teams get a free TO in the 4th quarter when you need it

Rex will need one a week, lol

has to be a head injury

no doubt that patriots will abuse this one. when belly calls in "26 Red, I'm Batman" that will be cue for brady to pick a guy to fake a concussion after the play.

Belichick is more likely to try and say an opponent that is kicking his teams butt looks 'a bit out of it, don't you think doc?'. Get real NFL. This would delay games and the player probably won't want to come out. Where does it end? And when can said player return? I don't like it. Let the player decide if he needs to come out and quit trying to police everything.

12 years ago, that was normal. Stop the jealousy about bellichek.

Belichick is more likely to try and say an opponent that is kicking his teams butt looks 'a bit out of it, don't you think doc?'. Get real NFL. This would delay games and the player probably won't want to come out. Where does it end? And when can said player return? I don't like it. Let the player decide if he needs to come out and quit trying to police everything.

yeah magically belly will suddenly care about the opposing players' health

12 years ago, that was normal. Stop the jealousy about bellichek.

Stop defending our teams arch enemy who spurned us and has cheated his way to total domination of our division for over a decade. I have jealousy and a number of other bad feelings about him. Like any REAL Jets fan should.

What kind of person comes to a Jets message board with the name Joe W. Namath and in his first 100 posts spends his time defending the biggest douche in pro sports, who also happens to be our biggest rival?

Oh, a guy who likes to fight on the Internet with people for fun. Why dont you start a thread about how much you admire Marino and Jim Kelly. You'll get your nads off senseless fighting with people for no reason with that one.

So glad you are here!!!!

Archived