What are we going to talk about after the draft?

Maxman

The usual post draft stuff, divided into groups:

The jaded draftniks:  They shouldn't have passed on Player X, Team 2 just got a huge steal and we'll regret it to our graves, I can't believe our front office is so stupid.   

The optimistic draftnik:  I never heard of our 3rd round guy before his name was called, but I did some googling, and some random website had him as a sleeper, so we got a steal guys.  

The pessimist:  Why do we even bother?  Never going to win as long as Geno is our QB, I'm going to cancel my TV subscription.  

The optimist:  I liked how we ended last year, and if we just had Player Y last year, we would've won 5 more games, so this is the day we turn it around.   

The submissive:  Guys, both Mac and Bowles know far more than we do, lets trust them ok.  I'm sure they did their due diligence, and I have faith.  

The recorder:  I listened to podcast X, Y, Z, 2, 4, and 9, and we've come squarely in the middle, so I'm optimistic while being worried.  

The time capsule:  Let's all wait for training camp, and season to begin.  Can't judge these picks for 3 years (enter example of some guy who broke out in Year 3, 12 years ago)

The troll hook:  Oh man, I was really worried about the Jets, but haha they screwed up like usual.  Can't believe we got Player X in the second round, I had him top 5 for sure.  

The troll catch:  Get the **** out of here, no way, that guy sucks, my buddy goes to his college, and he's pretty sure that guy has herpes.  

and

The clueless:  Starts threads about the possibility of new threads down the line.   :biggrin:

So true.  Great post!  haha

The troll hook:

Looks like the Colts are the cheating bastids behind Deflategate:

Some suspect that a truly thorough investigation might reveal that the Colts took additional air out of the ball that was intercepted by linebacker D’Qwell Jackson during the first half of the game. The NFL previously has declined to comment on whether Ted Wells is exploring that angle. Others currently believe that the NFL has turned the investigation back on itself, hoping to placate Patriots owner Robert Kraft by determining how so many leaks of information that would tend to incriminate his team made their way to the media.

It took less than 10 posts for win4ever's prediction to come true.

You're the optimist, the submissive and the time capsule all rolled into one delicious spliff that Shane Ray will be toking on the night of the draft. 

"Guys, Shane Ray was a solid pick at 6.  Everything I've read about him says he's not a troublemaker.  We didn't really need another D-Lineman but I trust Mac on this one.  In the end, it'll be a few years before we can truly judge this draft class.  One day I'll even get laid."

"Guys, Shane Ray was a solid pick at 6.  Everything I've read about him says he's not a troublemaker.  We didn't really need another D-Lineman but I trust Mac on this one.  In the end, it'll be a few years before we can truly judge this draft class.  One day I'll even get laid."

lmfao - exactly! 

It is such an amazing time of the year. Once the draft is over, we will start talking about the depth chart. But what positions can the Jets draft a starter? OLB, definitely.

OLineman...a 1st round guy, maybe a 2nd or 3rd could even start there.

But what other position could they draft someone to start? QB? Probably not.

Thoughts?

There can be only one meaningful topic -- our Mini-Draft strategy.

It is such an amazing time of the year. Once the draft is over, we will start talking about the depth chart. But what positions can the Jets draft a starter? OLB, definitely.

OLineman...a 1st round guy, maybe a 2nd or 3rd could even start there.

But what other position could they draft someone to start? QB? Probably not.

Thoughts?

We will probably talk a lot of training camp stuff before we worry about the depth chart.

Archived