Predict the first six picks

Joe Jets fan

It might be, or it might not be. You're under the assumption that like you, the Bucs feel Jameis sucks on and off the field.

I'm just telling you I disagree completely with you, and that even if the Bucs felt that way, they'd take a king's ransom from some other team and move back- still making Jameis the #1 pick. The reason: because all opinions aside, on the field, he's been the best and most productive player in this draft; and he happens to play the most important position. 

VERY VERY disputable comment, come on how can you say that?  Ridiculous.

No it isn't like that, he is not 100% and the fact he is the best Qb in the draft doesn't mean shi* if the Qb class is bad.

I have no doubt they will draft him because they have a real need but elevating the quality of QB's just because of need or the fact there are not a lot of good one in this draft is faulty.  You take this tact and and you get the gabberts, ponders, lockers.  All QBs forced up the board due to need in which teams convinces themselves they were better than they are.

I think Winston is the best QB in this draft, he looks the part, looks like a pro QB on the field and has priced under pressure.  He has also turned the ball over way too much and still sounds immature, even when keeping his nose clean.

T.B. will pick him but it should not be a slam dunk.

I agree with everything you have here. I never said anything contrary to any of this. I never said that Jameis is the best QB prospect to ever come out- I said he's the best on field product in this draft. I'm well aware of how sh*tty this draft is after the top 5 guys; and even sh*ttier still if we're talking about just QBs. Hell, it speaks wonders that Mariota is even being considered a top 10 pick. In most other years, he's a mid round project. 

My entire point of contention with Mick was that he said Leonard would be picked first- over Winston or Mariota. I'm just trying to explain why I think that's blasphemous.

VERY VERY disputable comment, come on how can you say that?  Ridiculous.

Who are the prospects who have had better on the field campaigns over the course of their college careers than Jameis in this draft? 

FTR: I don't count Danny Woodhead's collegiate career as "more productive" than the likes of, well, most other RBs, just because he holds D2 records for most all purpose yards and points. It shouldn't need to be explained why.

No Trades           Trade

1) Winston           Winston 

2) Fowler             Mariota   (Eagles)

3) Williams          Fowler

4) Cooper            Cooper

5) Mariota           Williams

6) Gurley             Beasley  (Falcons)

Most other years Mariota would be a mid-round project, but Johnny Manziel went in the first? EJ Manuel, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder?  These are clearly better prospects?

I'm assuming you're asking me, so I'll answer. Mariota and Manziel, just like Tebow, are definitely all mid-round projects. Yet, just like Tebow and Manziel, Mariota will go in the first.

Just because some team is stupid enough to take them, doesn't mean they're drafted where their relative value places them.

Not sure what the point of your post was. 

I'm assuming you're asking me, so I'll answer. Mariota and Manziel, just like Tebow, are definitely all mid-round projects. Yet, just like Tebow and Manziel, Mariota will go in the first.

Just because some team is stupid enough to take them, doesn't mean they're drafted where their relative value places them.

Not sure what the point of your post was. 

You say he is a mid-round project, but mention two guys in the last five that are "just like him" that went in the first.  That is the point of my post.  Guys picked in the first round are first rounders.  Value be damned.

You say he is a mid-round project, but mention two guys in the last five that are "just like him" that went in the first.  That is the point of my post.  Guys picked in the first round are first rounders.  Value be damned.

Agreed. That was my point to Mick originally...that Leonard may be the consensus best player overall when taking on and off the field together, but there's no way he's going number 1 over Jameis- "value be damned" as you put it. 

Same.*

*Especially if the Jets stay at 6.

FYI though, just checked up on Pauline's notes and he's saying the Jets will look to trade out of 6 if Fowler Jr. is gone, most likely for an offensive lineman. One never knows but Tony has been pretty reliable, or as reliable as anybody with a lot of rumored Jets stuff over the years. Also, that the Bears have spent a lot of time with Dupree. Would be interesting if it falls that way 1-5 and the Jets take Fowler while Bears take Dupree next. 

Archived