Klecko: Wilkerson will be a different player under Todd Bowles; Rex like father who let you do anything

Lizard King

Well clearly is was an anomaly, Bowles went on to set a standard with 2 good years in Az. 2!!

Before we hired Rex, he had only set the precedent of 3 good years as the DC in Baltimore, a team loaded to the gills with allpro and HOF talent. 

Top notch argument to make there, dummy.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah.  Kind of different scheming to throw towards Darrin Walls.

Thanks Idzik!

fwiw, that's what's encouraging about the new crew,Mac is out there getting the pieces Bowles needs to run the aggressive defense he wants. You know, the way GM/HC dynamic is supposed to work

Before we hired Rex, he had only set the precedent of 3 good years as the DC in Baltimore, a team loaded to the gills with allpro and HOF talent. 

Top notch argument to make there, dummy.

And then he had 3 more years with a top 5 defense here. Making 6 in a row, none of which matters because I'm not the one talking about anomaly's.

Philly had the 26th ranked defense after being 11 the year prior. Don't know what you are talking about my slope headed friend.

The guy has had 2 years + 10 games as a DC (3 seasons). He was very good for 2 years and bad for 1 year. There is no standard he's set, thus there can be no anomaly. 

Rex's 2013-14 is the only period in his career where he hasn't been either DC or HC of a ton of talent, that can be compared to Bowles 10 games with the Eagles. Maybe.

Otherwise, the proper comparison is Rex's 3 years with Baltimore as DC, which was great, and Bowles 2 years with Arizona, which was also great. 

We know Rex as a HC maintained a great defense when he had the talent, and it diminished when the talented did, and now we get to see what Bowles does with a talented defense as HC.

The things is, I don't give a **** about comparing the two as DC based on what they do as HC's. Makes NO sense. I don't want another 1-dimensional team.

Sheldon and Mo were both 1st round picks, they didn't "become" anything but what they already were. Snacks became Snacks when he got to play in between the two of them.

The player that saw the biggest uptick in value when Rex was here was Revis. Hands-down. Rex really didn't "make" the DL. I do believe he made Revis, but recognizing how to employ him, and having the balls to do it.

Revis was a pro-bowler in 2008.

And then he had 3 more years with a top 5 defense here. Making 6 in a row, none of which matters because I'm not the one talking about anomaly's.

The whole defensive coordinator vs. head coach thing just escapes you? 

Oy!

This thread's whole purpose for existence is comparing Bowles impact on a defensive player vs Rex.. It's in the ******* title. 

Devoid of talent?  They won the ******* offseason.  The Eagles spent a bazillion dollars on their secondary.

Babin-Cullen Jenkins-Fletcher Cos-Trent Cole

Vinny Curry-DeMeco Ryans-Mychal Kendricks

Asomugha-Nate Allen-Kurt Coleman-DRC

Ah, so the failure of Rex Ryan to grasp the importance of offense is what has been holding Wilkerson back!

Maybe you check the terms of the debate before you jump in.  Wilkerson will improve because Rex Ryan.  True or false? 

Oy!

This thread's whole purpose for existence is comparing Bowles impact on a defensive player vs Rex.. It's in the ******* title. 

Because threads never change course from the thread title.

The remark you got a boner over had a different context than the thread title. Why you'e obsessed with defining anomaly is beyond me. I can't help your stupidity. I can only tolerate it.

Devoid of talent?  They won the ******* offseason.  The Eagles spent a bazillion dollars on their secondary.

Ah, so the failure of Rex Ryan to grasp the importance of offense is what has been holding Wilkerson back!

Maybe you check the terms of the debate before you jump in.  Wilkerson will improve because Rex Ryan.  True or false? 

1) I completely forgot that was the year they won the off season, good memory!

2) Lol @ ApeOwnage.. we should hash tag that sh*t

Because threads never change course from the thread title.

The remark you got a boner over had a different context than the thread title. Why you'e obsessed with defining anomaly is beyond me. I can't help your stupidity. I can only tolerate it.

It didn't change course.  You just ignored it and turned it into another thread saying Rex wasn't so great.  What the **** that has to do with Wilkerson I will never know.  BTW, Sione Pouha and MIke DeVito say hello.

I said the biggest beneficiary of Rex as DC/HC was Revis. He became a household name because of Rex. Revis was the stud we thought he was, but Rex made him one of the best players in football. That is escalation as a result of the perfect combination of talent and coaching.

Wilkerson was who he was drafted to be. I don't consider it an argument to say our first round DE ended up playing like a first round DE. If you want to argue over the impact of Rex on the DL, vs. Bowles impact on the Philly secondary, then we're officially in stupid territory. If we're arguing over DL, then why not look at Dunbar vs. Kacy Rodgers? This is stupid.

I'm not even arguing that Rex didn't scheme players into improving. He's obviously one of the best DC's in football, given his history, and I said it somewhere in here already. 

I'm not even arguing that Rex didn't scheme players into improving. He's obviously one of the best DC's in football, given his history, and I said it somewhere in here already. 

so you disagree with the premise of the thread (like me) and are just arguing to argue?

If we're arguing over DL, then why not look at Dunbar vs. Kacy Rodgers? This is stupid.

It is stupid.  That is what we are saying.  For some ******* reason you decided to come in here slinging sh*t as you are wont to do.  For the record, Dunbar vs. Kacy Rodgers will probably have more to do with it than Bowles, but tell that to Klecko.  If I had to bet, my money is on Dunbar.

It didn't change course.  You just ignored it and turned it into another thread saying Rex wasn't so great.  What the **** that has to do with Wilkerson I will never know.  BTW, Sione Pouha and MIke DeVito say hello.

This is untrue, these were the first couple of posts I made (after saying I liked how Klecko is a stand-up guy, which has nothing to do with anything). This is more complimentary than I am of Rex almost ever:

Sheldon and Mo were both 1st round picks, they didn't "become" anything but what they already were. Snacks became Snacks when he got to play in between the two of them. 

The player that saw the biggest uptick in value when Rex was here was Revis. Hands-down. Rex really didn't "make" the DL. I do believe he made Revis, but recognizing how to employ him, and having the balls to do it. 

I don't think anyone is saying Rex can't coach D. I think mostly you're seeing the natural exaggerated counterpoints to the exaggerated remarks like the bold.

I say it all the time, people need polarization. So they can pick a camp, squat, and say dumb things. Both of these guys can be very good defensive coaches... in fact, both have proven they can be.

Rex has proven he can have a dominant defense when it's loaded with talent in Baltimore and his first few years here. He'lll prove it again in Buffalo. He also proved that without talented players he's still pretty good, this past season.

Bowles has proven with the Cardinals that he can put a good/great defense on the field too, with and without great players. 

If we were arguing over which of them is the better defensive coordinator, I might argue it's a push, with Rex edging out Bowles because of years of experience. 

We're not. We're talking about head coaches. So yeah... once again, Rex's limitations as a head coach frame the argument exclusively around defensive accomplishments. 

so you disagree with the premise of the thread (like me) and are just arguing to argue?

Yes. I had already made that ABUNDANTLY CLEAR in the posts above, and the one below in which you began the argument with me. Since you are a lazy slob, you clearly didn't read anything I had said prior or you'd know I agreed with the premise of the thread, and offered my thoughts on which player I think MOST gained from having Rex as his coach, and you also didn't consider the context of when I said "nobody is saying Rex can't coach D" in my post which you quoted, which was a direct response to someone else who was misinterpreting the tenor of the entire thread.

1) Bowles has actually fielded a terrible defense

2) The title of this thread and the main point of is that Bowles will get a lot more out of Wilk then Rex did. So that is comparison people are responding to.

We all know Rex has liabilities as a HC, and we're hoping Bowles is significantly better in those areas. But i see exactly 0 reason to suggest he's going to get more our of the defense then Rex

So, because you are lazy and/or stupid and/or a ball-breaker, we're arguing over the semantics of how to define which experience is the anomaly, an argument you insisted upon, despite pretending like you are the ambassador of the original thread title's meaning.

It's good to see you back on your game.

It is stupid.  That is what we are saying.  For some ******* reason you decided to come in here slinging sh*t as you are wont to do.  For the record, Dunbar vs. Kacy Rodgers will probably have more to do with it than Bowles, but tell that to Klecko.  If I had to bet, my money is on Dunbar.

Or, you could have chosen to read the whole thread, rather than the bickering that CTM set up. Moron.

It's an old maxim, but it proves true time and again: Every man needs discipline. Every man wants a coach. 

You dont want any of these things, liar.  You just need people to get out of your way so you can get sh*t done!

Seriously Dom, that's the post you are taking exception to? Ending every sentence in "okay?" was a nod to the Bruce Jenner interview, the rest was just a precursor for the inevitable comments that would come in this thread. Not opinion, just satire with some pop-cutural reference thrown in for those savvy enough to pick up on it.

Sorry that you are an unsophisticated hamburger brained mutant.

Archived