Dante Fowler knee injury (not good for Jax)

Blackout

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fowler over Leonard Williams was the single most mind-boggling pick in the draft after the Giants drafting Flowers over Andrus Peat and Todd Gurley.

Again Jaguars are playing a Seattle Seahawks type of defense. They were looking for a LEO Type( Pass rusher) that Dante Fowler is a perfect fit for. Leonard Williams isn't a good fit for that Leo Position . ( he probably can play the other positions). IF Dante Fowler was hurt before the draft, the Jaguars would probably have drafted Vic Beasley instead.( again L Williams wasn't a fit for what they were looking for).

Again Jaguars are playing a Seattle Seahawks type of defense. They were looking for a LEO Type( Pass rusher) that Dante Fowler is a perfect fit for. Leonard Williams isn't a good fit for that Leo Position . ( he probably can play the other positions). IF Dante Fowler was hurt before the draft, the Jaguars would probably have drafted Vic Beasley instead.( again L Williams wasn't a fit for what they were looking for).

No they were looking to suck again

No you just don't understand why the Jaguars didn't have an interest in Leonard Williams. Hopefully you do now. Nice read if you want to understand Seattle defense better.http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/1/4787546/the-seahawks-and-multiple-defensive-fronts

I understand the defense just fine it's a weak argument. You don't pass on the next Warren Sapp for the next in a long line of bust Outside Linebackers because of a defensive scheme you adapt the scheme to the talent.

Sorry, but they screwed up even if he didn't get hurt. Williams was the best defensive player in the draft, maybe the best player period; you find a way to make him fit. They could have drafted Eli Harold in the second round to fill the need for Pass Rusher.  Perfect example as to why you don't draft for NEED over BPA. 

I understand the defense just fine it's a weak argument. You don't pass on the next Warren Sapp for the next in a long line of bust Outside Linebackers because of a defensive scheme you adapt the scheme to the talent.

Exactly. Although I see more Reggie White than Sapp, the point still stands. 

Sorry, but they screwed up even if he didn't get hurt. Williams was the best defensive player in the draft, maybe the best player period; you find a way to make him fit. They could have drafted Eli Harold in the second round to fill the need for Pass Rusher.  Perfect example as to why you don't draft for NEED over BPA. 

FWIW - the Jags front office is adamant they had Fowler rated higher than Williams.

FWIW - the Jags front office is adamant they had Fowler rated higher than Williams.

I believe them that's why they went 4-12.

Williams was by far the best defensive player in the draft how they don't run to the podium and take him is a mind f--k

I believe them that's why they went 4-12.

Williams was by far the best defensive player in the draft how they don't run to the podium and take him is a mind f--k

Haha - tell me about it.  And the Jags didnt have issues getting to the QB last year.  They were actually quite good at it.

I think the last time the Jags hit in the first round was Big John Henderson.

That team loves to make the head scratcher pick, Fowler, Bortles, Gabbert, Aluala, Matt Jones...the list goes on. 

Haha - tell me about it. And the Jags didnt have issues getting to the QB last year. They were actually quite good at it.

I think the last time the Jags hit in the first round was Big John Henderson.

That team loves to make the head scratcher pick, Fowler, Bortles, Gabbert, Aluala, Matt Jones...the list goes on.

That's the guy that used to enjoy getting slapped pregame. Who was the other good DT they had?

That's the guy that used to enjoy getting slapped pregame. Who was the other good DT they had?

Yep!  The man is a giant.  

Marcus Stroud.  They took him the year before Henderson in the 1st round.  lol

Those 2 were monsters up front.

The Raiders who are playing that Seattle defense them self , Jmo Would have taken Dante Fowler over Williams if they went defense.. Again Defensive tackles taken in the top five have to be able to get to the Qb consistently, to justify that selection. ( will Leonard Williams be able to do that- that the biggest question- not a finished product there in that regard)

Yes coaches try to fit the scheme to personnel, but eventually they are going to add the pieces that fit the defense they want to play.( through Fa+ the draft) The Raiders drafted +'signed in Fa that were a good fit for that defense.

The Raiders who are playing that Seattle defense them self , Jmo Would have taken Dante Fowler over Williams if they went defense.. Again Defensive tackles taken in the top five have to be able to get to the Qb consistently, to justify that selection. ( will Leonard Williams be able to do that- that the biggest question- not a finished product there in that regard)

Yes coaches try to fit the scheme to personnel, but eventually they are going to add the pieces that fit the defense they want to play.( through Fa+ the draft) The Raiders drafted +'signed in Fa that were a good fit for that defense.

Thanks for answering the mysterious question:  Why have the Raiders sucked for so long?  Probably because they too would make a dumb ass selection just like the Jaguars did....

The Raiders who are playing that Seattle defense them self , Jmo Would have taken Dante Fowler over Williams if they went defense..

Interesting that you say that now, when you said:

Should have made another TE prediction. Leonard Williams would never get pass  the Raiders. 

I'm confused...   :sign0182:

Interesting that you say that now, when you said:

I'm confused... :sign0182:

Easy explanation never expected Dante Fowler to get pass the Jaguars( who were picking one pick in front of the Raiders). I did expect the Raiders to pick Leonard Williams instead of Amari Cooper if they had their choice. ( defensive head coach - who knows if that was the case). The Raiders could have felt they had very good shot of getting Mario Edwards( 32 pounds lighter- 280) who is going to play the Leo position , and move inside on the passing downs. ( again never will know that answer)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25147156/nfl-draft-mario-edwards-a-potential-first-rounder-you-dont-know

Let's see what happens this year , and see which player performs , and which doesn't perform. than we will have a Better idea who messed up in the draft.

Archived